Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Replacing the motor of a car

Replacing the motor of a car

Old May 4th 2016, 9:15 pm
Just Joined

galford has a reputation beyond reputegalford has a reputation beyond reputegalford has a reputation beyond reputegalford has a reputation beyond reputegalford has a reputation beyond reputegalford has a reputation beyond reputegalford has a reputation beyond reputegalford has a reputation beyond reputegalford has a reputation beyond reputegalford has a reputation beyond reputegalford has a reputation beyond repute
Default Replacing the motor of a car

Hi All,
I have just bought a an old car and suddenly the motor has died ( Or not so suddenly)
I have received in offer to replace it with second hand one.
Do you know if I have to pass again ITV and re-register the car in traffico with the new motor?

Any thoughts are really appriciated!
Old May 5th 2016, 6:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Longlegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Replacing the motor of a car

I can't give you any answer with authority but as no one has answered i will give you my thoughts, i would see no reason why not, i have done such a thing in the uk and of course you will need to get the engine number changed on the log book but the registration goes with the car as a complete unit so i cant see you having to re reg the car or get a new ITV.
Old May 5th 2016, 7:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

lyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have just had an ITV and while he did check the chassis number against the Permisio I don't think he checked the engine number.
I would leave it to the next ITV and mention it then. Keep the receipts.
Old May 5th 2016, 8:07 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Ask the workshop who replaced the engine what the requirements are.

If any paperwork is needed they should be able to organise it.
Old May 9th 2016, 12:36 pm
Just Joined

galford has a reputation beyond reputegalford has a reputation beyond reputegalford has a reputation beyond reputegalford has a reputation beyond reputegalford has a reputation beyond reputegalford has a reputation beyond reputegalford has a reputation beyond reputegalford has a reputation beyond reputegalford has a reputation beyond reputegalford has a reputation beyond reputegalford has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for everybody for their answers.
It seems that there is not an issue - the engine here in Spain is considered only as a part of the car, that can be replaced if broken.
So I will do it and see what's next