Reload this Page >

Registering a car CoC problem

Registering a car CoC problem

Old Jul 16th 2016, 5:48 pm
Just Joined

dicobraz is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Registering a car CoC problem

Hi all,

I am having a problem to register a car in Spain, just a dead end at the moment.

The car is Jeep Wrangler Sport, 2003, left hand drive.

The car is UK registered.

When going to local ITV, they told I need a CoC, I went to local engineer, he said to make a CoC for this car it needs to a whole new type of CoC issued, saying it doesn't exist for this car and he can't do it, manufacturer should do it, I contacted a company who sell CoC, they came back with a reply "We are sorry, but we are unable to help you with your request. Vehicles that were not manufactured for the EU market do not have Certificates of Conformity. These vehicles do not even have the EC type-approval. As a result, we are unable to provide a Certificate of Conformity for your vehicle.". Without it I cant make ITV and cant register a car. Just not sure what to do... Can somebody help?

Thank you
Pavel
Old Jul 16th 2016, 6:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

lyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Registering a car CoC problem

Contact Jeep if that fails sell it in the UK, and replace it with something you can bring. It is not worth the aggravation for such an old car.
Old Jul 16th 2016, 6:26 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hola
I have helped people with American cars that haven't had a coc. A Spanish enginner made a ficha technical reducida which was accepted by my local ITV centre. But please note, american tyres are not acceptable and have to be changed to european specification tyres.

Further the lights caused major problems; Brake lights flashing for indicators, rear fog and reversing lights not meeting European standards.

Davexf
Old Jul 16th 2016, 6:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lyric050203
Contact Jeep if that fails sell it in the UK, and replace it with something you can bring. It is not worth the aggravation for such an old car.
I contacted Jeep USA, they said contact someone local, haven't tried it yet as a quick web search with no language skills was unsuccessful

Last edited by dicobraz; Jul 16th 2016 at 6:55 pm.
Old Jul 16th 2016, 6:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dxf
Hola
I have helped people with American cars that haven't had a coc. A Spanish enginner made a ficha technical reducida which was accepted by my local ITV centre. But please note, american tyres are not acceptable and have to be changed to european specification tyres.

Further the lights caused major problems; Brake lights flashing for indicators, rear fog and reversing lights not meeting European standards.

Davexf
Awesome, this could be something! Is it possible to contact your engineer or does it need to be local so he can see the car?

If local, how do I find one? Probably again a web search Spanish engineer in Lloret de mar would not give me any options... Is there a special name for them?

Thank you
Pavel
Old Jul 16th 2016, 8:07 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hola

These engineers belong to a special college; your ITV centre should be able to provide a list of suitable engineers provided the ITV centre does inspect vehicles for importation (not all do).

The process is simple; the engineer inspects all the documentation you have including the V5C logbook and technical information in the car handbook. He then inspects the car and finally takes information off of all your own personal documentation (passport, NIE Residencia etc.)

He takes all this information away and one or two days later produces the necessary Ficha Technicla Reducida

Davexf
Old Jul 16th 2016, 9:27 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dicobraz
Hi all,

I am having a problem to register a car in Spain, just a dead end at the moment.

The car is Jeep Wrangler Sport, 2003, left hand drive.

The car is UK registered.

When going to local ITV, they told I need a CoC, I went to local engineer, he said to make a CoC for this car it needs to a whole new type of CoC issued, saying it doesn't exist for this car and he can't do it, manufacturer should do it, I contacted a company who sell CoC, they came back with a reply "We are sorry, but we are unable to help you with your request. Vehicles that were not manufactured for the EU market do not have Certificates of Conformity. These vehicles do not even have the EC type-approval. As a result, we are unable to provide a Certificate of Conformity for your vehicle.". Without it I cant make ITV and cant register a car. Just not sure what to do... Can somebody help?

Thank you
Pavel
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jul 20th 2016, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

VEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dicobraz
Awesome, this could be something! Is it possible to contact your engineer or does it need to be local so he can see the car?

If local, how do I find one? Probably again a web search Spanish engineer in Lloret de mar would not give me any options... Is there a special name for them?

Thank you
Pavel
My 1977 Yamaha didn't have a CoC.

I contacted TUV Rheinland by Email in their Barcelona office and they supplied an acceptable document after I completed and returned a questionnaire about the bike.

Dpto. Certificación de Vehículos
TÜV Rheinland Group en España
TÜV Rheinland Ibérica
C/ Comte d´Urgell, 151 Entreplanta 4ª
08036 Barcelona
Tel.: +34 934 510 327
Fax: +34 934 511 697
[email protected]
[www.tuv.es]www.tuv.es