Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Re: Will we look back in time, and say we bought at the bottom in 2014

Re: Will we look back in time, and say we bought at the bottom in 2014

Old Dec 17th 2017, 7:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

GC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will we look back in time, and say we bought at the bottom in 2014

Originally Posted by Moses2013
The thing is that a lot of Brits are rushing out now, so they can secure EU rights before Britain leaves the EU. This means that prices are increasing in these areas but will probably peak in 2018. After that prices will probably fall again and we'll have another boom bust story. Might be good to sell next year and buy in 2020 again.

I do hope you are right.

I'm no expert but I really can see some repercussions after April 29 2019, wether its the Euro dropping through the floor or the Spanish house price recovery (as small as it is) faltering. How will the rest of the world view from a financial aspect one of the major contributors to the European Union finally leaving.
Old Dec 17th 2017, 10:12 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Moses2013
........... Might be good to sell next year and buy in 2020 again.
I very much doubt that, after you factor in the cost (and hassle) of selling and buying.
Old Dec 18th 2017, 12:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GC44
I do hope you are right.

I'm no expert but I really can see some repercussions after April 29 2019, wether its the Euro dropping through the floor or the Spanish house price recovery (as small as it is) faltering. How will the rest of the world view from a financial aspect one of the major contributors to the European Union finally leaving.
Interesting article in Spanish financial press today , Sareb ( "bad bank") has over 1,500 properties for sale and nearly 5,000 in rentals. They are setting-up a new company next year to focus on their rental sector.
It gives a clear indicator that the Spanish market is shifting to a profile similar to UK - many people unable to buy and stuck in rentals.
Old Dec 19th 2017, 6:49 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Please, the Spanish economic recovery, has little to do with Britain. Why is it that when anything positive that happens in the world, Brits assume it must be due to something British?
Old Dec 19th 2017, 7:31 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

It's the little England mentality
Old Dec 19th 2017, 8:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

To be fair i don't see the uk shifting from home ownership to rental and Spain allegedly following a positive.
Old Dec 19th 2017, 4:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobd22
To be fair i don't see the uk shifting from home ownership to rental and Spain allegedly following a positive.
Exactly it is more a reflection of how difficult it is for people who have seen little or no increase in purchasing power since 2007 to actually buy a property.
Old Dec 19th 2017, 7:13 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Loafing Along
Exactly it is more a reflection of how difficult it is for people who have seen little or no increase in purchasing power since 2007 to actually buy a property.
Actually, a 15% decrease in purchasing power since the referendum...
Old Dec 19th 2017, 8:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas
Again to be fair that decrease has been much worse as well and was predicted to be worse than it is. Even the good times we get fluctuations in currency given that we stayed out of the Euro.
However main thing is the last huge property crash does seem to have peaked.
Old Dec 19th 2017, 8:56 pm
Started off with nothing

You think? What has changed? Many are predicting that the stock market appears to be heading for another crash.
Old Dec 20th 2017, 5:34 am
Banned

Again to be fair that decrease has been much worse as well and was predicted to be worse than it is. Even the good times we get fluctuations in currency given that we stayed out of the Euro.
I thought property prices were still at all time highs (??).

Although the rapid price increases are expected to taper off and prices rise at a slower rate.

Will UK and London house prices rise in 2018? Here's what the experts think | City A.M.

Or if you were referring to the Spanish property crash in 2008, well, yes, that "peaked" long ago.
Old Dec 20th 2017, 8:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by amideislas
I was referring to the Spanish market .
Old Dec 20th 2017, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

Hornets_Nest will become famous soon enough

Some interesting data here:

https://www.spanishpropertyinsight.c...t-summer-2017/

In some of the areas of Granada province that I have been looking there are still many incomplete new builds and refurbs that have clearly been put on ice . This leads me to believe that supply is still outstripping demand in some areas. The value as far as I have seen is predominantly in the more Spanish areas which suits me down to the ground.
Old Dec 20th 2017, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Hornets_Nest
Some interesting data here:

https://www.spanishpropertyinsight.c...t-summer-2017/

In some of the areas of Granada province that I have been looking there are still many incomplete new builds and refurbs that have clearly been put on ice . This leads me to believe that supply is still outstripping demand in some areas. The value as far as I have seen is predominantly in the more Spanish areas which suits me down to the ground.
Many of these were spectulative builds sanctioned by local authorities who made large sums of money from the taxes they received on the land sale and licences in areas which just did not require that number of properties. You can see the same across Castilla , complete projects or infrastructure for small towns totally abandoned. Obviously the developers failed to sell and simply walked away leaving the problem with their banks.
One of the worst examples is the by the motorway about 100 kms south of Madrid - huge "town" with hardly any inhabitants.
Old Dec 20th 2017, 5:39 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Loafing Along
I was referring to the Spanish market .
Property prices are up 20% here this year alone. And there hasn't been hardly any devaluation of the euro... Purchasing power in the eurozone is pretty level, maybe a bit higher.

It's shopping season. And boy, it's a madhouse everywhere. I hate going out to shop at the moment (any day of the week). Hard to find parking, stores are swamped. Long queues... Doesn't seem impoverished to me.

??

Last edited by amideislas; Dec 20th 2017 at 5:42 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.