question about marrying and living in Spain

Old Jul 24th 2003, 3:08 am
Elliotsmaiden

Default question about marrying and living in Spain

I do not speak any Spanish, will this affect me from marrying and living in
Spain?

Old Jul 24th 2003, 12:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond repute

What region are you planning to move to? Does your fiance speak Spanish? There are a lot of areas along the Southern Coast of Spain (around Alicante and Costa Del Sol, etc) that have large British ex-pat communities. English is widely spoken in those areas. I don't speak Spanish either, but we plan to move there hopefully in about 5 years. With any kind of luck I will learn the language. I used to be able to speak French pretty good but that's not gonna help me much in Spain, lol.

Cheers,

Leslie
Old Jul 24th 2003, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

Gigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant future
Default Re: question about marrying and living in Spain

Hi Elliotsmaiden!

I've been living in Spain for over 30 years now and can assure you that it is one of the most friendly places in the world!

Yes it will depend a little on where you are intending to live, but nearly all of the coastal areas are under the influence of tourism and used to dealing with and in English. English is also the major second language in schools (apart from any regional languages).

Let me know if I can be of any help. This is one subject I DO have knowledge of!!
Old Jul 26th 2003, 2:19 am
Elliotsmaiden

Default Re: question about marrying and living in Spain

Hello,
My love lives in Miranda de Ebro in the province of Burgos in the northwest.
He speaks some english but I know only a few words..it is the sentences that I
have problems with and I don't want to tell his parents they look like
sheep..LOL