Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Pyrrhic Victory for The Priors

Pyrrhic Victory for The Priors

Old Apr 17th 2009, 5:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pyrrhic Victory for The Priors

The Constitutional Court has ruled in favour of Len and Helen Prior in that they have a right to appeal against the threat of their house in Vera (Almería) being declared illegal by the Junta de Andalucía and - worse still - having it knocked down.
Only one problem I can think of - the Junta (in the shape of the Delegado Provincial de Viviendas) er, knocked their house down in January 2008 - additionally doing enormous harm to the provincial economy.
I'm sure the Priors will be relieved to hear that it was all just a silly mistake.
Old Apr 18th 2009, 6:47 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pyrrhic Victory for The Priors

Mmmmm....a little bit late but will they get any compensation
Old Apr 18th 2009, 7:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

The person who was ultimately responsible for this fiasco and overseeing the corruption and criminality in the Junta de Andalucía has recently been rewarded with being made deputy prime minister leaving members of his family holding key positions in his Kingdom.

I was going to 'Zimbabwe here we come' but I think we are already there.
Old Apr 18th 2009, 7:32 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beachcomber
The person who was ultimately responsible for this fiasco and overseeing the corruption and criminality in the Junta de Andalucía has recently been rewarded with being made deputy prime minister leaving members of his family holding key positions in his Kingdom.

I was going to 'Zimbabwe here we come' but I think we are already there.
Joking....yeah This is just about what we have come to expect of Spain. The mayor in our tiny village has been mayor for around 20+ years and what he has got away with is unbelievable but he still gets voted in year after year (maybe the fact that most of his family are here in the village may have something to do with it) Disgraceful!
Old Apr 18th 2009, 10:57 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

There are many more folks affected like this. Here in Galicia a block of flats in which some 400 persons life have been having a battle with the authorities for many many years.
I wonder what will happen to all of these families?
http://www.lavozdegalicia.com/galici...03_7620993.htm
http://www.agalega.info/videos/?emi=...:35&canle=tvg2
What a situation to find yourself in?

Last edited by Casa Santo Estevo; Apr 18th 2009 at 10:57 pm. Reason: too many persons