Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

practice your spanish with music

practice your spanish with music

Old Feb 8th 2010, 6:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: practice your spanish with music

I saw Ana Belén (from that last post) on stage a couple of weeks ago in Fedra.

This man was her co-star.

Lyrics here

Last edited by rachelk; Feb 8th 2010 at 7:33 pm.
Old Feb 12th 2010, 2:14 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by linney
How about Gloria Estefan?

No sera facil
con los anos que me quedan
tu fotografia
como me duele perdante
mi buen amor
no llores
hoy

and loads more...

sorry don't know how to put the utube/or lyric links on but great songs to check out
here you are

I expect you to sing it to me on Monday

the words

http://www.metrolyrics.com/no-sera-f...a-estefan.html
Old Feb 13th 2010, 9:58 am
BE Enthusiast

DENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud of

nice one for valentines day
Old Jun 13th 2010, 10:20 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

this is getting a lot of play in our house at the mo - in spanish & english

I prefer the spanish version

here ar ethe words
Old Jun 13th 2010, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

DENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud of

hi there L great music as usual gets me singing along my spanish still rubbish though.
Have lapsed lately must get back to serious stuff again and persevere on.(H ope your keeping ok)
Old Jun 13th 2010, 11:26 am
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by DENISE WALTERS
hi there L great music as usual gets me singing along my spanish still rubbish though.
Have lapsed lately must get back to serious stuff again and persevere on.(H ope your keeping ok)
all good here - keep practicing
Old Dec 26th 2010, 10:21 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

I treated myself to a cd by BEBE. What a voice! Anyway, here's the music from Youtube on one song, with my attempted translation. (I suspect there's another meaning to the "turtle" part which I'm missing)

El aire se respira
huele a tierra mojá
Mi perro duerme a mis pies
él cuida de mi hogar

The air you breathe
smells of wet earth
My dog sleeps at my feet
He protects my home

El tiempo se para aquí
mi amor está a punto de llegar
El tiempo se para aquí
aquí encuentro la paz

Time stops here
my love is about to arrive
Time stops here
Here's where I find peace

Ohhh, ahh

Las curvas de la carretera
me invitan a viajar
Hay tanto por recorrer
tanto por conocer

The twists of the road
entice me to move on
There is so much to travel
and to discover

El mapa se hace pequeño
mi alma pide más
Mi amor llega en la tortuga
él me lo enseñará

The map makes the world smaller
my soul calls for more
My love arrives on a turtle
He will show me all

Men señará la voz del mar
Men señará a no llorar
Men señará a reconocer
que hay daños
que te enseñan a crecer
Men señará a ver sus ojos
aunque él no esté

He will show me the roar of the sea
He will show me not to mourn
He will show me to recognize
that there is hurt
that teaches you to grow
He will show me how to see his eyes
even if he's not around

Men señará a no llorar
Y a escuchará a mi perro

He will show me not to mourn
and to listen to my dog
Old Dec 26th 2010, 11:47 am
BE Enthusiast

This is my favourite thread ever love it