Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

The pound in my pocket

The pound in my pocket

Old Oct 18th 2016, 7:56 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The pound in my pocket

Originally Posted by amideislas
No it isn't. The pound just keeps falling. ....
No it doesn't. It was up almost 1% today against the dollar and is higher than at any point in the past week, please don't let facts get in the way of your rabid ranting.
Old Oct 18th 2016, 8:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missile
The crooks in suits will spin the facts to suit whatever fairy tale they want the voters to swallow
Exactly, as for the pound recovering in 10 years time and the Euro falling, who knows it may be the case it may not. However even if that happens not much good if you are a pensioner that has worked and saved all their life for a nice retirement in the sun to find they have to scrimp to get by for 10 years. However the likes of them are just collateral damage in this as are many of us. It will happen the pound will rise and fall accordingly. There has been realy a lull before the storm post 23 June but now we are starting to see the near future, we just have to hope the politicians get a grip and make it work and that we do see a benefit?
Old Oct 18th 2016, 9:28 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

No it isn't. The pound just keeps falling.

And trump isn't going to win, so you can be relieved about that.
Relived that Hillary (Goldman Sachs) Clinton will win the day.

Fancy the exchange rate is the least of our worries should that happen !
Old Oct 18th 2016, 9:54 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by VFR
Relived that Hillary (Goldman Sachs) Clinton will win the day. ....

Fancy the exchange rate is the least of our worries should that happen!
I presume you were among those reassured by the opinion polls pointing "Remain" in the run up to the Brexit referendum.
Old Oct 18th 2016, 10:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

An article from back in 2013 suggests that the pound should come down to $1.05, there are several around that state the pound was over valued. This was years before Brexit.

Pound must be devalued by another third to save economy, experts warn - Economy
Old Oct 19th 2016, 6:57 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
No it doesn't. It was up almost 1% today against the dollar and is higher than at any point in the past week, please don't let facts get in the way of your rabid ranting.
It's not *my* "rabid ranting". It's the market's.

10 minutes ago:

The pound is falling again

The pound's rally is already running out of steam after just one day.

Sterling gained on the dollar and euro on Tuesday thanks to a weak dollar and the return of inflation prompting traders to bet against a November interest rate cut from the Bank of England.

But the pound is falling against both the dollar and euro again on Wednesday morning, reverting to type over the last fortnight.

Michael Hewson, chief market analyst at CMC Markets, says in an email on Wednesday morning: "Yesterday's move through the 1.2300 area could have the potential to see further gains towards the previous peaks just below 1.2500.

"A move back below 1.2260 could well undermine that scenario and argue for a move back towards the recent lows at 1.2100."

We are in a precarious position.
Old Oct 19th 2016, 8:56 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobd22
.... we just have to hope the politicians get a grip and make it work and that we do see a benefit?
.. no doubt there will be a benefit, but for whom? Those like Cameron & Co who have their ill gotten gains stashed away in $ or Swiss Francs.
Old Oct 19th 2016, 8:59 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

It's not *my* "rabid ranting". It's the market's.

10 minutes ago:

The pound is falling again
Really, it's gone up half a cent to 1.23230 in the last hour!
Old Oct 19th 2016, 10:04 am
BE Forum Addict

lutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond repute

No it isn't. The pound just keeps falling.

And trump isn't going to win, so you can be relieved about that.
Can't say I'm surprised that you're now peddling your anti Brexit propaganda beyond the TIO community. No doubt you'll be holding a street party if Sterling hits parity.
Old Oct 19th 2016, 10:08 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, no. Brexit is bad for everyone. There are no winners, only losers.

But that's what Britain voted for, so, I think Britain should accept the consequences.

By the way, why hasn't Britain left yet? It's been months. The people voted. Brexit means Brexit. So get on with it. What's the holdup?
Old Oct 19th 2016, 10:10 am
BE Enthusiast

olivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond repute

That is a good point about the dollar if Trump gets in. Clinton is just a Goldman Sachs puppet. Still cannot imagine Trump getting in. The establishmernt wouldn't want that to happen but then somehow Brexit slipped through their fingers too.
Old Oct 19th 2016, 10:32 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, no. Brexit is bad for everyone. There are no winners, only losers.

But that's what Britain voted for, so, I think Britain should accept the consequences.

By the way, why hasn't Britain left yet? It's been months. The people voted. Brexit means Brexit. So get on with it. What's the holdup?
It seems that May & Co may do a U turn? > MPs have right to block Brexit deal, no 10 admits
Old Oct 19th 2016, 12:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

rspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond repute

Apart from the fact that it is really annoying Juncker which is a bonus (who knows if the courts will overturn his decision not to talk before Article 50 is declared) but May is intentionally playing her cards close to her chest. The Eu negotiations with Canada have gone belly up but surprisingly it seems the UK has an agreement with them ready to sign when they are ready. Likewise institutions and countries are beating a path to Davis's door to negotiate. The laughable thing is that the 'journalists' (there re no longer journalists only researchers) haven't been told anything and instead of going out and doing some real journalism are bleating that they aren't being told anything. Long may it continue.
Pound on 1.1218 this morning
Old Oct 19th 2016, 1:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

lutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rspltd

Apart from the fact that it is really annoying Juncker which is a bonus (who knows if the courts will overturn his decision not to talk before Article 50 is declared) but May is intentionally playing her cards close to her chest. The Eu negotiations with Canada have gone belly up but surprisingly it seems the UK has an agreement with them ready to sign when they are ready. Likewise institutions and countries are beating a path to Davis's door to negotiate. The laughable thing is that the 'journalists' (there re no longer journalists only researchers) haven't been told anything and instead of going out and doing some real journalism are bleating that they aren't being told anything. Long may it continue.
Pound on 1.1218 this morning

Not forgetting the Juncker groupies on here.
Old Oct 19th 2016, 1:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missile
It seems that May & Co may do a U turn? > MPs have right to block Brexit deal, no 10 admits
Is it the unemployment data or is it this bit of news that pushed sterling up today ?? I vote the latter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.