Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Pareja de Hecho ( Civil Partnership )

Pareja de Hecho ( Civil Partnership )

Old Dec 3rd 2017, 10:36 am
Just Joined

michael4477 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pareja de Hecho ( Civil Partnership )

i am seeking information regarding Pareja de Hecho.

My partner and myself have been residents of Spain for over 20 years, some two years ago my partner divorced her than ex UK husband who also was a resident of Spain for the same number of years, their divorce was done in Spain.

I am in the process of an amicable divorce with my UK wife who has never been a resident of Spain, the divorce agreement is being drawn up by a Spanish lawyer the draft of which is currently with the Notary, once agreed the paperwork will be sent to the UK for my wife to get it notarised with a POA.

I assume from the information i have given it will allow us to apply for a Civil Partnership here in Spain, if not what have i missed ?

What i would like to know is the process once we are both divorced and an approx. timeline, i.e. where we apply to etc.

We live on the Costa del Sol.

We have no plans to remarry but i understand one of the main advantages of a Pareja de Hecho is the reduction of inheritance tax on a commercial property i own in Spain which i will leave to her in my will.

Thank you
Old Dec 3rd 2017, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

avocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud of
Default Re: Pareja de Hecho ( Civil Partnership )

You need to check the rules in the autonomous region that you reside as the rules on inheritance vary.

Pareja de Hecho is not a PROPER civil partnership. I'm an expert - I have one with my Spanish partner, lol.

Much easier and more secure to get a proper civil partnership in a northern European country. That will be recognised here in Spain.
Old Dec 3rd 2017, 1:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pareja de Hecho ( Civil Partnership )

Originally Posted by michael4477
i am seeking information regarding Pareja de Hecho.

My partner and myself have been residents of Spain for over 20 years, some two years ago my partner divorced her than ex UK husband who also was a resident of Spain for the same number of years, their divorce was done in Spain.

I am in the process of an amicable divorce with my UK wife who has never been a resident of Spain, the divorce agreement is being drawn up by a Spanish lawyer the draft of which is currently with the Notary, once agreed the paperwork will be sent to the UK for my wife to get it notarised with a POA.

I assume from the information i have given it will allow us to apply for a Civil Partnership here in Spain, if not what have i missed ?

What i would like to know is the process once we are both divorced and an approx. timeline, i.e. where we apply to etc.

We live on the Costa del Sol.

We have no plans to remarry but i understand one of the main advantages of a Pareja de Hecho is the reduction of inheritance tax on a commercial property i own in Spain which i will leave to her in my will.

Thank you
In Andalucia you need to register the relationship :
Junta de Andalucía - Preguntas frecuentes de los usuarios en relación con la inscripción en el registro de parejas de hecho de la comunidad autónoma de Andalucía