Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Our 1st Post - Hi all - does this site always jump about ?

Our 1st Post - Hi all - does this site always jump about ?

Old Oct 3rd 2017, 12:26 am
Just Joined

Vancunians is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Our 1st Post - Hi all - does this site always jump about ?

I am trying to read posts but the page keeps jumping to the top so I scroll back to what I was reading and then hey presto it jumps to the top or bottom of the page again... very frustrating grrrr lol

Hi we are Jay & Laura btw, still in UK but moving to Spain in December.
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 12:53 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Our 1st Post - Hi all - does this site always jump about ?

The short answer to your question is "no." ..... What sort of device are you using? Are you looking at the full site or the "mobile skin"?

BTW welcome to BE.

Oh, and please take a moment to review the site rules linked in the far right of the buff-coloured menu bar above.
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 5:15 am
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vancunians
I am trying to read posts but the page keeps jumping to the top so I scroll back to what I was reading and then hey presto it jumps to the top or bottom of the page again... very frustrating grrrr lol

I've been using this site for several years and never experienced anything like that.

Steve
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 6:31 am
EU hoo

iano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, this happens to me on occasion too, but in this case only persists in 'jumping' to the bottom of the page. Appears to be a scroll anchoring problem linked to the ads loading on the side bar.

Resolve it by clearing history on the Chrome browser and reloading, but it can be a nuisance, although an infrequent one.

Last edited by iano; Oct 3rd 2017 at 6:34 am.
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 8:16 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 12:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pulaski
The short answer to your question is "no." ..... What sort of device are you using? Are you looking at the full site or the "mobile skin"?

BTW welcome to BE.

Oh, and please take a moment to review the site rules linked in the far right of the buff-coloured menu bar above.
We are using win7 and google chrome.... Think it has something to do with the ads on this site.

Old Oct 3rd 2017, 12:52 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by tebo53
I've been using this site for several years and never experienced anything like that.

Steve
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 12:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rosemary
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Thanks, Rosemary,
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by iano
Yes, this happens to me on occasion too, but in this case only persists in 'jumping' to the bottom of the page. Appears to be a scroll anchoring problem linked to the ads loading on the side bar.

Resolve it by clearing history on the Chrome browser and reloading, but it can be a nuisance, although an infrequent one.
Thanks, we will try this now, bloomin ads lol, usually hate ads but if it pays for us to use a good forum for free then we don't mind a few technical issues lol

Thanks
Old Oct 4th 2017, 8:32 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

I use an ad blocker
Old Oct 4th 2017, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

KieronF has a reputation beyond reputeKieronF has a reputation beyond reputeKieronF has a reputation beyond reputeKieronF has a reputation beyond reputeKieronF has a reputation beyond reputeKieronF has a reputation beyond reputeKieronF has a reputation beyond reputeKieronF has a reputation beyond reputeKieronF has a reputation beyond reputeKieronF has a reputation beyond reputeKieronF has a reputation beyond repute

Adblocker Plus - simples
Old Oct 4th 2017, 12:42 pm
Headpoopscopper

HeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond repute

yep add blocker
Old Oct 4th 2017, 12:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

It happens on my cell phone but not on my computer...
Old Oct 4th 2017, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

cermignano is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes I hate the ads and use an ad blocker
Old Oct 4th 2017, 5:40 pm
EU hoo

iano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond reputeiano has a reputation beyond repute

Don't think the site owners will be too happy about it...but the newly installed ad blocker works a treat !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.