British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Our 1st Post - Hi all - does this site always jump about ? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/our-1st-post-hi-all-does-site-always-jump-about-904083/)

Vancunians Oct 3rd 2017 12:26 am

Our 1st Post - Hi all - does this site always jump about ?

I am trying to read posts but the page keeps jumping to the top so I scroll back to what I was reading and then hey presto it jumps to the top or bottom of the page again... very frustrating grrrr lol

Hi we are Jay & Laura btw, still in UK but moving to Spain in December.

Pulaski Oct 3rd 2017 12:53 am

Re: Our 1st Post - Hi all - does this site always jump about ?

The short answer to your question is "no." ..... What sort of device are you using? Are you looking at the full site or the "mobile skin"? :unsure:

BTW welcome to BE. :wave:

Oh, and please take a moment to review the site rules linked in the far right of the buff-coloured menu bar above.

tebo53 Oct 3rd 2017 5:15 am

Originally Posted by Vancunians (Post 12352236)
I am trying to read posts but the page keeps jumping to the top so I scroll back to what I was reading and then hey presto it jumps to the top or bottom of the page again... very frustrating grrrr lol

I've been using this site for several years and never experienced anything like that.

Steve

iano Oct 3rd 2017 6:31 am

Yes, this happens to me on occasion too, but in this case only persists in 'jumping' to the bottom of the page. Appears to be a scroll anchoring problem linked to the ads loading on the side bar.

Resolve it by clearing history on the Chrome browser and reloading, but it can be a nuisance, although an infrequent one.

Rosemary Oct 3rd 2017 8:16 am

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary

Vancunians Oct 3rd 2017 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by Pulaski (Post 12352254)
The short answer to your question is "no." ..... What sort of device are you using? Are you looking at the full site or the "mobile skin"? :unsure:

BTW welcome to BE. :wave:

Oh, and please take a moment to review the site rules linked in the far right of the buff-coloured menu bar above.

We are using win7 and google chrome.... Think it has something to do with the ads on this site.

:wave:

Vancunians Oct 3rd 2017 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by tebo53 (Post 12352337)
I've been using this site for several years and never experienced anything like that.

Steve

:wave:

Vancunians Oct 3rd 2017 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by Rosemary (Post 12352438)
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary

Thanks, Rosemary, :wave:

Vancunians Oct 3rd 2017 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by iano (Post 12352365)
Yes, this happens to me on occasion too, but in this case only persists in 'jumping' to the bottom of the page. Appears to be a scroll anchoring problem linked to the ads loading on the side bar.

Resolve it by clearing history on the Chrome browser and reloading, but it can be a nuisance, although an infrequent one.

Thanks, we will try this now, bloomin ads lol, usually hate ads but if it pays for us to use a good forum for free then we don't mind a few technical issues lol

missile Oct 4th 2017 8:32 am

I use an ad blocker

KieronF Oct 4th 2017 8:54 am

Adblocker Plus - simples

HeikeundAlan Oct 4th 2017 12:42 pm

yep add blocker

DandNHill Oct 4th 2017 12:44 pm

It happens on my cell phone but not on my computer...

cermignano Oct 4th 2017 4:51 pm

Yes I hate the ads and use an ad blocker

iano Oct 4th 2017 5:40 pm

Don't think the site owners will be too happy about it...but the newly installed ad blocker works a treat !

:thumbsup:

daveincolchester Oct 5th 2017 1:25 am

It's been doing it to me for the last couple of days.

It jumps to the bottom of the topic and does it repeatedly for a minute or two after you scroll back up and then goes back to normal.

Windows 10 and Google Chrome