Reload this Page >

Online football

Online football

Old Apr 21st 2018, 11:36 am
Just Joined

PKC59 is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Online football

Hi. A couple of questions:

1. Can anyone assist me to obtain football (Champions League, Premiership, La Liga Etc) online (ipad, Galaxy note or Surface)? We are renting a flat and it doesn't have a working phone line connected so can't have wifi. Will gladly pay for something like Now TV or similar.

2. Would anyone have an idea how much it would cost to have a phone line reconnected? Although it may not be worth it in rented accommodation unless it's easy to take with when we move into our house. Does anyone know the cost?

3. Say we have the phone line reconnected; what broadband/internet provider would you recommend and why?

Cheers
Old Apr 21st 2018, 3:14 pm
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Online football

Originally Posted by PKC59

1. Can anyone assist me to obtain football (Champions League, Premiership, La Liga Etc) online (ipad, Galaxy note or Surface)? We are renting a flat and it doesn't have a working phone line connected so can't have wifi. Will gladly pay for something like Now TV or similar.
"it doesn't have a working phone line connected so can't have wifi."
ADSL / Broadband comes via a telephone line.
And most providers routers have wifi to send the signals from the router to your devices wirelessly

Unless you mean you want wireless internet...which does not requrie a landline, but a small antenna on the roof (to receive the wireless signals), to a router that has wifi to send the signals from the router to your devices wirelessly.

So not too sure what you mean by "it doesn't have a working phone line connected so can't have wifi." as you are mentioning two different systems!

Once you have internet then you can obtain your football.
Either direct from Spanish providers (movistar or bein..etc)
Or less direct via third party streaming websites and apps.

UK Now Tv (from Sky) does football... but not Champions League (yet) as that is broadcast by BT SPorts...and requires a bit of IP address trickery to get in Spain
Old Apr 21st 2018, 3:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

If you get a 4G router (works via a SIM card rather than fibre or copper cable) you'd be able to take it with you when you move. You don't need an antenna on the roof for that but it depends on 4g coverage in your area.

As for the football, I tried the Bein as it advertised 'all champions league games' which turned out to mean 'all champions league games involving spanish sides'. There were a couple of others included but not enough for me to be persuaded to keep it on. You can cancel any time though so no harm trying.

Last edited by rachelk; Apr 21st 2018 at 3:39 pm.
Old Apr 21st 2018, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

Kenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond repute

We had to move into rented accommodation while work was being done on our house. The rental didn't have internet so we got a 4G router. Problem was, buying a non-contract (pay as you go) data only SIM was a hassle. We used Yoigo and their best offering was a 4GB data sim that was valid for a month. We used the 4GB in 4 days (streaming TV). To be able to carry on, we had to keep buying new 4GB data sims. We weren't allowed to top them up. Presumably easier on a contract but we were only in the rental for a month.
Old Apr 21st 2018, 3:52 pm
Just Joined

Much appreciate your replies. Will definitely try the 4G router option.
Old Apr 21st 2018, 8:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

This is the deal I have, much better than the one Kenwoodlad mentiions

https://tiendaonline2.amena.com/tarifas/amena-en-casa

They use the Orange network so check coverage where you are first.
Old Apr 22nd 2018, 9:03 am
Just Joined

Bad Leg is an unknown quantity at this point

Much appreciate your replies. Will definitely try the 4G router option.
We have a 4G router from Orange and it's excellent. Very fast. But for 40 euros a month it only provides 50 GB which is no good for streaming TV etc. A few Netflix programs and day to use, that's about it. We previously had a landline but it was too slow - buffering even with standard quality.
Old Apr 22nd 2018, 9:44 am
Just Joined

Thanks to the all for the feedback. Looks like I'm stuffed until my Sky box gets here. So! Next question; are there any companies capable of providing Sky TV?

Cheers
Old Apr 22nd 2018, 3:48 pm

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to the all for the feedback. Looks like I'm stuffed until my Sky box gets here. So! Next question; are there any companies capable of providing Sky TV?

Cheers
May help if you say where in Spain you are moving to, so people can recommend for that area.

But if you already have a Sky box and card and subscription, then simply use that... (if you canceled you subscription, then simply restart it, but make sure that a) you dont say the box is to be used in Spain, and b) you move the account to a UK address you can "control")...all you need is the right sized dish for wherever you are moving to in Spain.

If an apartment, or rental, then you may need to seek permission to install a dish
Old Apr 22nd 2018, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

I guess that would have helped. We are renting in Ontinyent, Valencia. No land line, nowhere to put a dish and not moving into our house until about the end of June. I would gladly pay to watch via a 4g wifi router, but from what I read would need more than 50gb a month. Still, even that is better than nothing. Orange would appear to be the favourite so far. Unless someone has had a good experience with another company.
Old Apr 22nd 2018, 5:17 pm

Maybe the local company Ontitel have options that may suit...
Old Apr 24th 2018, 6:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

. I would gladly pay to watch via a 4g wifi router, but from what I read would need more than 50gb a month. Still, even that is better than nothing. Orange would appear to be the favourite so far. Unless someone has had a good experience with another company.
Amena is mine, uses orange network.

30€ per month for 40Gb then you can buy another 10 (or 20?) Gb for 10€.

Plus you buy their router, you can buy it outright for about 80€ or pay a couple of €s per month on your bill. No permanancy but if you leave you pay off the router.
Old Apr 24th 2018, 7:04 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the posts. I guess with there only being a couple of football games left and no rugby on for a few months I will plump for Orange for now. I actually have the Liverpool game on now on Antenna 3 which I'm hoping will show the final. I'll come back just before we move in to pick your brains about having a dish installed. For now, thanks again.