NIE number

Old Apr 21st 2018, 10:25 am
Just Joined

Will.1973 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NIE number

Hi i am sure this question will have been answered many times but here goes. Is there a company i can use from UK to obtain a NIE number who are well known offer a good service? Just want to make sure i am using the right one thank you.
Old Apr 21st 2018, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

Smithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NIE number

Originally Posted by Will.1973
Hi i am sure this question will have been answered many times but here goes. Is there a company i can use from UK to obtain a NIE number who are well known offer a good service? Just want to make sure i am using the right one thank you.
As far as I am aware and not being 100% you need a Spanish address for the form in order to receive the letter with the certificate.

You would give power of attorney to your lawyer to do it for you or you would turn up at the police station yourself.

You can apply at the Spanish Consulate in London or Edinburgh

N.I.E. (Foreigners' Identity Number) and certificates of non residence

All they do is forward the application to the police in Spain!
They do state that if you plan to move to Spain, don´t apply this way!

Generally as far as I am aware, you apply in the region that you plan to live in! Do it in person at the national police station or your lawyer does it.
Old Apr 22nd 2018, 7:47 am
Just Joined

Will.1973 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Smithy73
As far as I am aware and not being 100% you need a Spanish address for the form in order to receive the letter with the certificate.

You would give power of attorney to your lawyer to do it for you or you would turn up at the police station yourself.

You can apply at the Spanish Consulate in London or Edinburgh

N.I.E. (Foreigners' Identity Number) and certificates of non residence

All they do is forward the application to the police in Spain!
They do state that if you plan to move to Spain, don´t apply this way!

Generally as far as I am aware, you apply in the region that you plan to live in! Do it in person at the national police station or your lawyer does it.
Hi thank you i thought this might be the case for the moment i only plan on spending winters in Spain. Have found the house i want to buy so need to get things moving forward now.
Old Apr 23rd 2018, 6:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Will.1973
Hi thank you i thought this might be the case for the moment i only plan on spending winters in Spain. Have found the house i want to buy so need to get things moving forward now.
In that sort of situation, trying to do things remotely, a good route is find a trusted lawyer in the area where you plan to buy and with a PoA he/she will be able to do all the NIE process , help you open a bank account and supervise the buying process on your behalf.
Old Apr 24th 2018, 2:05 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

The simplest solution is to go to the consulate in London or Edinburgh and get one there before you come over.

You certainly do NOT need a Spanish address
Old May 22nd 2018, 12:23 am
Just Joined

macabbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Strange I downloaded a nie application form and it asks for a spanish address. Reading online it appears Alicante and Valencia use a ex15 form different to costa del sol.
Old May 22nd 2018, 5:51 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macabbie
Strange I downloaded a nie application form and it asks for a spanish address. Reading online it appears Alicante and Valencia use a ex15 form different to costa del sol.
Form EX15 is a national, Government form so is (pretty) universal.

Any address will do for the application - you just need a reason for needing an NIE. I have heard that if you put something like "moving to Spain" then your application may be declined on the basis that you should be using EX18 (or EX17 for non-EU) and getting the green 'residency' certificate.