NIE Number

Old Feb 16th 2005, 10:19 am
Just Joined

fmeade is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NIE Number

I mean to go to Alicante next monday to get my NIE Number. I hope to do it all in one day (apply and get it in the afternoon). Can anybody give advices as to when I need to be there - I hear it opens at 8:30 but when does the que start!! (I went to La Zenia a few weeks ago and the all numbers had been given out).
The address I mean to go do is Ebanisteria 6, on the Airport side of Alicante.
Thanks. Frances
Old Feb 16th 2005, 12:35 pm
Just Joined

5thbeatle is a name known to all5thbeatle is a name known to all5thbeatle is a name known to all5thbeatle is a name known to all5thbeatle is a name known to all5thbeatle is a name known to all5thbeatle is a name known to all5thbeatle is a name known to all5thbeatle is a name known to all5thbeatle is a name known to all5thbeatle is a name known to all
Default Re: NIE Number

Originally Posted by fmeade
I mean to go to Alicante next monday to get my NIE Number. I hope to do it all in one day (apply and get it in the afternoon). Can anybody give advices as to when I need to be there - I hear it opens at 8:30 but when does the que start!! (I went to La Zenia a few weeks ago and the all numbers had been given out).
Thanks. Frances
Can't do it all in a day I'm afraid. Try and get there an hour before it opens to get your ticket. Make sure you have all the right documents including an address in Spain. You'll be issued with a chitty and told to come back in approx. 6 weeks.
Good Luck !!
Old Feb 16th 2005, 2:20 pm
Just Joined

mejulie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fmeade
Thanks. Frances
HI I hope you manage to get your nie ok we are planning to go monday 5th march. Heard nightmare stories about this venture heard you need to be there at 5am and they dont even open until 8.30. Do you know if you receive them the same day ?What time did you go to La Zenia are you sure this is the right office? Would you mind letting me know how you get on Im not looking forward to it we are going over to spain especially and only have one day to get them..!!!!!!!! Your message prompted me to join this site very interesting arent they. Thanks mejulie
Old Feb 16th 2005, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

moblies is an unknown quantity at this point

I got mine in Alicante in November last year and got there at about 6am , when they opened at about 9am me and my wife got numbers 48 and 49. I understand they only give out about 120 a day.

we went in and waited for our numbers to be called (just after 10am) handed over the Photos, signed NIE application form and copy of passport + the original passport. He stamped it gave me a ticket and we went back that afternoon and got our sheet of paper.

You need the application form filled out before you go.

ps. I expected a card or something but got a peice of A4 paper with a number on it.

hope it helps.
Old Feb 16th 2005, 2:44 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by moblies
I got mine in Alicante in November last year and got there at about 6am , when they opened at about 9am me and my wife got numbers 48 and 49. I understand they only give out about 120 a day.

we went in and waited for our numbers to be called (just after 10am) handed over the Photos, signed NIE application form and copy of passport + the original passport. He stamped it gave me a ticket and we went back that afternoon and got our sheet of paper.

ps. I expected a card or something but got a peice of A4 paper with a number on it.

hope it helps.
Thanks for the info dont suppose you have the directions or name of the building do you
Old Feb 16th 2005, 2:59 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

hope it helps.
Why did you give them photos ???? you dont need them....
Old Feb 16th 2005, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mejulie
Thanks for the info dont suppose you have the directions or name of the building do you
I dont with me I'll check my NIE certificate tonight. Its the Foreigners office thats all i remember.
Old Feb 16th 2005, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

They require one colour passport photo with your application.
Old Feb 16th 2005, 3:13 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

They require one colour passport photo with your application.
Have they changed the rules then, cos no one i know has given in a photo, just form filled in and two copies, original passport and two copies, and aprox six weeks wait,
Old Feb 16th 2005, 3:17 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jdr
Have they changed the rules then, cos no one i know has given in a photo, just form filled in and two copies, original passport and two copies, and aprox six weeks wait,
Perhaps it depends which office you go to. At the smaller ones you do not receive your nie numbers same day. Maybe thats why Alicante need A PHOTO
Old Feb 16th 2005, 3:36 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by mejulie
Perhaps it depends which office you go to. At the smaller ones you do not receive your nie numbers same day. Maybe thats why Alicante need A PHOTO
This is a link to the form needed...

http://www.mir.es/extranje/modelos/ex14.pdf

No mention of photos...although the boxes at the top look like they should have photos in, but they are for reg stamps.

I did mine at Fuengirola, probably the biggest one and i had to wait six weeks.
Old Feb 17th 2005, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Brisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jdr

No mention of photos...although the boxes at the top look like they should have photos in, but they are for reg stamps.

Do you know how long the numebers last for? Just that I caught the tail end of a radio programme out there in Jan and I thought they were saying you have to renew your NIE numbers but I didn't catch any more than that.
Old Feb 17th 2005, 12:07 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by Brisbane bound
Do you know how long the numebers last for? Just that I caught the tail end of a radio programme out there in Jan and I thought they were saying you have to renew your NIE numbers but I didn't catch any more than that.
As far as i know they last till the tax man buries you, Residencia has to be renewed though.
Old Feb 17th 2005, 6:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr

ditto that jdr. started mine in malaga.. but after queing 5 hours i got pissed off and drove to fuengerola instead. 5 minutes in the office, get a form...filled it in, handed it in, with 2 photo´s (for the file i think), and passport and 2 copies i think it was.. had to wait about a month i think for mine, i went back and it was there to collect.
Old Feb 24th 2005, 9:38 am
Just Joined

fmeade is an unknown quantity at this point

OKAY BEEN THERE, DONE THAT. i WENT ON MONDAY MORNING. BASED ON INFORMATION I HAD RECEIVED I GOT THERE ABOUT 6:20AM. THERE WAS ABOUT 60 BEFORE ME IN THE QUE. BUT THIS QUE IS NOT ONLY FOR NIE NUMBERS. (THERE IS A COFFEE SHOW AROUND THE CORNER - AND ONCE PEOPLE AROUND YOU GET TO KNOW YOU ETC YOU CAN GO GET A COFFEE - BUT NOBODY LETS OTHERS JOIN IN - NO QUE JUMPING EVEN BY WIVES WITH HUSBANDS IN QUE ETC). AT ABOUT 8:40 THE POLICE ARRIVE - TO MAKE SURE NOBODY JUMPS THE QUE AT THIS STAGE, AND THEN THEY HAND OUT THE NUMBERS. i GOT 43. i AM TOLD EACH MORNING THEY CAN GIVE OUT UP TO 120 NUMBERS - BUT IT DEPENDS ON IF ANY OF THEIR PEOPLE IS OUT SICK ETC. THE DAY I WAS THERE THEY GAVE OUT 99. BASED ON THIS I DENINITLY WOULD NOT ARRIVE AFTER SEVEN.

AS YOU GET YOUR NUMBER THEY LET YOU IN (UP TO THEN YOU ARE QUEING OUTSIDE). AT APPROX 9 THEY START GOING THROUGH THESE NUMBERS - YOU ARE CALLED UP BY YOUR NUMBER AND THEY TAKE THE INFORMATION OFF YOU. YOU NEED THE FORM FILLED OUT, YOUR PASSPORT, ONE COPY OF YOUR PASSPORT MAIN PAGE AND ONE PASSPORT PHOTO. (i WOULD BRING A FEW EXTRA INCASE OF ALL THINGS). i WAS CALLED UP ABOUT 9:30. I WAS TOLD TO COME BACK AROUND 11. i AM TOLD THAT THEY TAKE A TEA BREAK AROUND NUMBER 50 AND THEY CAN BE GONE FOR QUITE A WHILE. I CAME BACK AT 11 AND SAT DOWN. ABOUT 11:10 THE MAN CAME OUT WILL A BUNCH OF FORMS - CALLED OUT YOUR NAME AND GAVE YOU YOUR NIE NUMBER.......
I WAS TOLD THAT IF ANYTHING IS WRONG ON THE FORM OR ANYTHING MISSING - THEY WILL NOT PROCESS IT, AND YOU HAVE TO REAPPLY THE NEXT DAY. i AM ALSO TOLD THAT ALICANTE CAN ONLY BE USED BY PEOPLE LIVING IN THAT GENERAL AREA. SOME PEOPLE ALSO BROUGHT FOLD UP CHAIRS FOR THE WAIT OUTSIDE.... GOOD IDEA (OVER 2 HOURS)
SO THERE IT IS,,,,,,,,,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.