British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   NIE Certificate renewal El Modelo 790- Tasa 012. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/nie-certificate-renewal-el-modelo-790-tasa-012-a-903964/)

NickReve Sep 28th 2017 10:39 pm

NIE Certificate renewal El Modelo 790- Tasa 012.

Hi all
I need to get a new NIE Certificate though my old one is from 2012 and some guys at some offices complain about this being too old and invalid. I got the message that I have to fill out the El "Modelo 790- Tasa 012" and pay the fee at the bank. Have any of you guys done this and can help a bit?

I am not a resident and have a holiday home in Spain.

The only choice that I can find online similar to this is the following:

English:
Assignment of Foreign Identity Number (NIE) at the request of the interested party.

Spanish:
Asignación de Número de Identidad de Extranjero (NIE) a instancia del interesado.

Is the above choice correct? PLEASE help.

I really appreciate this. Thanks! :cool:

teuchterpete Sep 28th 2017 10:51 pm

Re: NIE Certificate renewal El Modelo 790- Tasa 012.

Cant see why. Got mine in 2008 and it was fine for policia national last year when I went for my residencia, and fine when I went to change my uk driving licence for Spanish one a few weeks ago,
Pete

NickReve Sep 29th 2017 7:28 am

Originally Posted by teuchterpete (Post 12349458)
Cant see why. Got mine in 2008 and it was fine for policia national last year when I went for my residencia, and fine when I went to change my uk driving licence for Spanish one a few weeks ago,
Pete

Yes Pete, in good old days there was no expiration date but mine was valid for only 3 month and that was in 2012 and I moved to a new town.

bobd22 Sep 29th 2017 8:25 am

I'm sure I read somewhere that they had stopped dating them again? Mine is one of the early undated ones from 2007.

Loafing Along Sep 29th 2017 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by bobd22 (Post 12349649)
I'm sure I read somewhere that they had stopped dating them again? Mine is one of the early undated ones from 2007.

A NIE is for life !

bobd22 Sep 29th 2017 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by Loafing Along (Post 12349765)
A NIE is for life !

Yes I know that the number never changes. However as op says a few years ago they changed the certificate (paper) and started dating them. When you had to use for official things they demanded the date was within 3 months. So people had to pay for a new certificate money maker for officials. I believe this has now stopped? My nie certificate is an old undated type.

rachelk Sep 29th 2017 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by bobd22 (Post 12349768)
YWhen you had to use for official things they demanded the date was within 3 months..

Is this a confusion with the padrón? If you need to present that for official purposes it has to be withing 3 months if I remember rightly - but I think that's the same for nationals as well as foreigners.

bobd22 Sep 29th 2017 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by rachelk (Post 12349933)
Is this a confusion with the padrón? If you need to present that for official purposes it has to be withing 3 months if I remember rightly - but I think that's the same for nationals as well as foreigners.

No Rachel they brought it in for the NIE certificate as well I also think they changed the paper colour? As I said I think it was simply a way of making a few euros out of people.

bobd22 Sep 29th 2017 4:45 pm

This link explains what I mentioned i.e. old certificates had no expiry date around 2012 they had a 3 month expiry date but have now gone back to no expiry date. The number of course never changed just the original bit of paper they gave you with your NIE number on.

http://www.niein1day.co.uk/why-does-...-three-months/

snikpoh Sep 30th 2017 1:05 pm

The NIE certificate DID use to expire after 3 months. Within 12 months they had rescinded this and all subsequent NIE certificates do not have an expiry date.

The simplest thing I've ever heard (from an official) was to cut the expiry date line off!

Failing that, apply for a new one using EX15 again - but mention your existing number.

NickReve Oct 1st 2017 4:48 pm

Thank you all for your replies but I STILL have't got any answer that can help me. My Certificate needs to be renewed. So PLEASE tell me if the following choice is the correct one:

English:
Assignment of Foreign Identity Number (NIE) at the request of the interested party.

Spanish:
Asignación de Número de Identidad de Extranjero (NIE) a instancia del interesado.

This option is for "Modelo 790- Tasa 012" on the internet.

bobd22 Oct 1st 2017 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by NickReve (Post 12351063)
English:

Spanish:

I am no expert on this but that reads as if it is say a solicitor or gestor applying on your behalf (as the interested party) is there not a box to tick as the applicant?

Loafing Along Oct 1st 2017 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by NickReve (Post 12351063)
Thank you all for your replies but I STILL have't got any answer that can help me. My Certificate needs to be renewed. So PLEASE tell me if the following choice is the correct one:

English:

Spanish:

Modelo 790 - Tasa 012 is really only to pay the fee €9,54

I think if you really want a duplicate of your NIE certificate first you have to report the "loss" to the police and receive a copy of the "denuncia" .

With the denuncia you will need to apply for a new one using the same form as an original application , EX-15 but in Section 4 "Motivos" - especifar - Perdida .

As with the first application you will need your passport, 3 photographs, pay the fee as above.

Fred James Oct 1st 2017 9:35 pm

You do not need to file a denuncia. A friend recently needed a to produce her NIE but had lost it. A visit to the National Police sorted that and a new certificate was issued.

snikpoh Oct 2nd 2017 9:09 am

Originally Posted by Loafing Along (Post 12351121)
Modelo 790 - Tasa 012 is really only to pay the fee €9,54

I think if you really want a duplicate of your NIE certificate first you have to report the "loss" to the police and receive a copy of the "denuncia" .

With the denuncia you will need to apply for a new one using the same form as an original application , EX-15 but in Section 4 "Motivos" - especifar - Perdida .

As with the first application you will need your passport, 3 photographs, pay the fee as above.

.. but it's not a loss - it's simply expired past the 3 month date