Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

New laws regarding Inheritance- Advice?

New laws regarding Inheritance- Advice?

Old Jan 24th 2007, 9:22 am
Just Joined

rusticasa-spain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New laws regarding Inheritance- Advice?

Originally Posted by Fred James
I bet you can guess - from a lawyer.

Now we have another lawyer, admittedly from a different area saying different. It tends to confirm my distrust of lawyers - this would not be the first time I have had conflicting advice!

One thing seems pretty certain, to get the 95% deduction the survivor (or children) has to be a resident and keep the house for 10 years.

So where does that leave us? Well not a lot wiser it seems
Can I please stress that what you say about having to keep the property for 10yrs DOES NOT APPLY TO RESIDENTS OF THE VALENCIAN COMMUNITY and that there are better allowances between spouses and children RESIDENT. The rules were changed 1st. January 2007.
I am beginning to think that these blogs can be dangerous rather than useful!
CONSULT TAX EXPERTS IN THE APPROPRIATE AREA.
Old Jan 24th 2007, 9:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: New laws regarding Inheritance- Advice?

Originally Posted by rusticasa-spain
http://www.gva.es/c_economia/web/htm...s2007_SD_c.htm
This is my source, and I suggest anyone in the VALENCIAN COMMUNITY whose solicitor or fiscal advisor is unsure, should direct them to it for reference.
It is an updated web page belonging to the Valencian Government,so no hearsay or out of date sources!
Hi rusticas-spain,

I have always said that we are in Ayamonte Andalucia so that page will not apply to us but I am aware similar changes have been made by the Junta in Andalucia so I will have to search for a similar page for their Hacienda.

Regards,

John.
Old Jan 24th 2007, 10:10 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New laws regarding Inheritance- Advice?

Originally Posted by rusticasa-spain
Can I please stress that what you say about having to keep the property for 10yrs DOES NOT APPLY TO RESIDENTS OF THE VALENCIAN COMMUNITY and that there are better allowances between spouses and children RESIDENT. The rules were changed 1st. January 2007.
I am beginning to think that these blogs can be dangerous rather than useful!
CONSULT TAX EXPERTS IN THE APPROPRIATE AREA.

I sent your link to my lawyer so we'll see what she says