Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Movistar all time low.

Movistar all time low.

Old Aug 2nd 2017, 7:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Maybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond repute
Default Movistar all time low.

I have been trying for over an hour to connect to the google server. We have a Movistar package obviously without TV. the performance since Monday had gone from no connection for 30 mins at a time and with download speeds at 3.4 KILOBYTES/s, yes this is 2017 in Catalunya.
Upload speeds are good. My wife has win10 and it is a total disaster for her and for me when she is online. Yes I have done all the update limiting and setting as if it is pay for data etc.
Today it appears to be 3.4Kb/s or nothing, and nothing when my wife is connected, not that she can do anything either.
Complaining is a waste of time as are sms to 1002, they ignore it completely.
Definitely 3rd world performance here, slightly worse than Poland in 1995.
No point in going to anyone else as the line is Movistar, Previously with another operator on Movistar lines in Andalusia you get 2nd rate service having to wait sometimes up to 3 days without a connection.
Anyone else with similar experiences?

Last edited by Maybe1day; Aug 2nd 2017 at 7:49 am.
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Movistar all time low.

Originally Posted by Maybe1day
I have been trying for over an hour to connect to the google server. We have a Movistar package obviously without TV. the performance since Monday had gone from no connection for 30 mins at a time and with download speeds at 3.4 KILOBYTES/s, yes this is 2017 in Catalunya.
Upload speeds are good. My wife has win10 and it is a total disaster for her and for me when she is online. Yes I have done all the update limiting and setting as if it is pay for data etc.
Today it appears to be 3.4Kb/s or nothing, and nothing when my wife is connected, not that she can do anything either.
Complaining is a waste of time as are sms to 1002, they ignore it completely.
Definitely 3rd world performance here, slightly worse than Poland in 1995.
No point in going to anyone else as the line is Movistar, Previously with another operator on Movistar lines in Andalusia you get 2nd rate service having to wait sometimes up to 3 days without a connection.
Anyone else with similar experiences?
If you ever get to log on and read this - YES Costa del Sol similar. Our community about 10 kms from Marbella, Movistar supplies at 3 Kb blaming old copper wires and our distance from their hub ( about 3 Kms away ). Had a long discussion with them and eventually got told "This is what we have and will remain like that for some time". Switched to Jazztel for a while, slight improvement - new router probably helped there as use the same cable as Movistar.
Cavaltry over the hill - small and medium-sized operators started installing fibre optics along the drains and into the communities along our stretch. Now wonderful..