Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

MOVING TO SPAIN PRIOR BREXIT

MOVING TO SPAIN PRIOR BREXIT

Old Aug 11th 2017, 12:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MOVING TO SPAIN PRIOR BREXIT

Originally Posted by rspltd
A lot of what you say strikes a chord. However the elephant in the room is the mind boggling amounts of money that the UK economy has paid into the EU and with what benefits.
What has the European Union ever done for us? | The Independent

Last edited by Rosemary; Aug 11th 2017 at 3:30 pm. Reason: corrected quote
Old Aug 15th 2017, 9:50 pm
Just Joined

CHRISJK is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: MOVING TO SPAIN PRIOR BREXIT

Hi everyone.... Remember me the OP ? It looks like this thread has been Hijacked by people arguing about Brexit. I started this thread asking for some advice about living part time to Spain now in the hope of getting a better deal when we retire to Spain after Brexit. IE Free Healthcare etc. (see the first few posts) Any Advise will be Greatly Appreciated..... Thank You Chris
Old Aug 16th 2017, 2:04 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

At first, I think you received plenty of advice. But because the topic touches perhaps the most ironic and damaging decision in British history, threads like this naturally morph into more depth. And despite all evidence to the contrary, there's always a few who'll argue the sun orbits Britain every day. Plain as day.

What did you expect? Nobody noticing how badly it's going so far?
Old Aug 16th 2017, 6:10 am
BE Enthusiast

rspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond repute

Oh please don't resurrect this old article which lost it's credibility within two weeks of it's publication. Just take the statement that the EU provides subsidies to farmers out of the goodness of it's heart - oh no wait a minute it pays this out of the money that the UK gives it. Laughable
Old Aug 16th 2017, 8:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas
At first, I think you received plenty of advice. But because the topic touches perhaps the most ironic and damaging decision in British history, threads like this naturally morph into more depth.
Agreed I would say the first half of the thread was very constructive and informative, I certainly found that. I am in exactly the same position as the way it currently stands I will reach state retirement and thus S1 entitlement age 4 months after proposed Brexit date. There is a lot of useful information in the first half of this thread for those like op and myself, unfortunately there is no magic answer as nothing is anywhere near decided yet on final outcome, so you have to do what you think is best which of course is a bit of a gamble. As for Brexit sadly it is the problemthat is at the core of likes of our dilemma.
Old Aug 16th 2017, 8:52 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

A couple of you have pointed out that there was information in the first part of the thread and the discussion has now totally gone down the general Brexit path and there are many, many threads on this subject so this one will now close.

Rosemary