Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Moving to spain

Moving to spain

Old Feb 19th 2018, 10:40 am
Just Joined

Claire268252 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to spain

Hi im wondering what cheapest area for rent but half decent is 2 adults 2 kids 3 and 11 with emoloyment for head chef and self employed cleaner
Old Feb 19th 2018, 10:45 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to spain

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst myself and BEVS moderate Europe. Please read the Site Rules Site Rules | British Expatriate Community adhere to them so that the site runs smoothly. Moderators are there to ensure that the rules of BE are maintained. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Feb 19th 2018, 10:46 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Do a thorough search on the forum because your questions have been asked many times before so this will give you loads of information.

Rosemary
Old Feb 19th 2018, 10:54 am
Just Joined

Thanks
Old Feb 19th 2018, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

wasss has much to be proud ofwasss has much to be proud ofwasss has much to be proud ofwasss has much to be proud ofwasss has much to be proud ofwasss has much to be proud ofwasss has much to be proud ofwasss has much to be proud ofwasss has much to be proud ofwasss has much to be proud ofwasss has much to be proud of

Nowhere unless you speak Spanish.
Old Feb 20th 2018, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

dougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Wasss I disagree.I have rented out property in Spain to various nationalities & not all spoke Spanish.It is more a case of where you would like,Ok for schooling & where you could get work.There are plenty of rental agencies who cater for English speakers & plenty of nationalities who are landlords & speak English.
Old Feb 20th 2018, 10:38 am
Headpoopscopper

HeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dougal03
Sorry Wasss I disagree.I have rented out property in Spain to various nationalities & not all spoke Spanish.It is more a case of where you would like,Ok for schooling & where you could get work.There are plenty of rental agencies who cater for English speakers & plenty of nationalities who are landlords & speak English.
Very true
Old Feb 20th 2018, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by dougal03
As the OP is talking about employment as well as renting perhaps the comments about the need to have good Spanish is regarding this aspect rather than accommodation.

Rosemary
Old Feb 20th 2018, 9:50 pm
Just Joined

Thanks is there a lot off work out there for english
Old Feb 21st 2018, 9:06 am

There is not a lot of work for the Spanish. Many of them are having to gain work in other countries in order to survive.

Rosemary
Old Feb 21st 2018, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

lurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Claire268252
Thanks is there a lot off work out there for english
Hate to say it, no. Your chosen fields I think you may find are over subscribed with Spanish people, so the British will come a very poor second place in the job scene. Take a look at the Spanish site 'Milanuncios' under employment wanted.

Sorry, its hard but no one on this site would want to lie to you about how it is here. You will struggle. Thats the truth.

Does it HAVE to be now, i.e. before Brexit. Just don't want you to have more issues to contend with. I can't comment as regards your kids, not been in that position.