Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

moving to spain

moving to spain

Old Feb 3rd 2004, 9:43 pm
Just Joined

cbell1977 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moving to spain

can anyone please help us, at the moment we have just put our house on the market as we are wanting to move to spain.
we are thinking of buying a bar and letting an appartment, the bar side does not seem to be a problem, but we can not seem to find an apartment cheap enough to let we will need a 2 bedroom apartment, can any one give me any sugestions
Old Feb 4th 2004, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

Dolphingirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: moving to spain

Groooooaaan!!! Why is it that expats when they come to spain think oh I´ll buy a bar.........booooooooooooring!!!!! You will get a bar because soooooooooo many are going bust. I see so many people come down here and buy a bloody bar and 6 months later they disappear.....Do you know how many Bars there are run by expats......If you don´t know how to find a 2 bedroomed appartment at this stage god help you. Do some homework, spend some time over here before you start parting with your money.......I went to one the other day, the whole family have come down here, none on them have run a bar or restuarant before and their food is crap as well as expensive and they wonder why they don´t get too much trade.

Don´t mean to be brutal, thats my suggestion of the day....do some very serious homework and that is not 2 weeks worth!! Otherwise you will end up with a bar you may not sell and no money. Incidentally make sure you have at least 3 months rent available. 2 is for deposit, 1 is rent.

DG.

Originally posted by cbell1977
can anyone please help us, at the moment we have just put our house on the market as we are wanting to move to spain.
we are thinking of buying a bar and letting an appartment, the bar side does not seem to be a problem, but we can not seem to find an apartment cheap enough to let we will need a 2 bedroom apartment, can any one give me any sugestions
Old Feb 4th 2004, 2:52 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

:lecture: right on DG, must be a wind up...