Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Moving List Help please.

Moving List Help please.

Old May 17th 2017, 11:58 am
Account Closed

Tadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving List Help please.

Originally Posted by snikpoh
This is simply NOT true as a non-resident. I think you didn't ask your question of them, clearly enough. I too have the opposite in writing from them.

Even the DVLA website says it's not true. Local legislation for within the EU means that your D/L remains active and legal!

Given we both have different 'facts', there doesn't seem much point in discussing it further.
Yes your UK DL is legal and valid to drive in the EU and even in the UK

but if you have an incorrect address (e.g. your old address that you no longer reside at) on your UK DL whilst driving IN THE UK (resident or not) you are committing an offence in the UK and could be fined up to £1000.

The DVLA website says no such thing
https://www.gov.uk/change-address-driving-licence

Suggest anyone who doubts this please do your own research and contact the police and ask.