Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Moving to the Costa Blanca

Moving to the Costa Blanca

Old Mar 20th 2017, 9:46 am
Just Joined

Lookingforthesun1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to the Costa Blanca

I am looking to move to the Altea/ Calpe region, currently living and working in Belgium so a bit of a trek to get to Spain!
What is the best way for us to find somewhere long term to rent for when we move in July?

Obviously I know we will need to pay a deposit - is it generally 1 month or 2 and what about fees where we are the moment it is illegal to charge tenants fees unless they request you to search for a property is it the same in Spain?

Do they have a version of council tax in Spain?

Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 20th 2017, 10:03 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to the Costa Blanca

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Mar 20th 2017, 11:07 am
Just Joined

Lookingforthesun1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Does any one have any suggestions for the cheaper areas to Live in and around Altea/ Calpe? Is La Nucia itself a better bet?

Thank you!
Old May 25th 2017, 9:28 am
Just Joined

mikecoll is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Moving to the Costa Blanca

I have recently bought a property in Altea Hills and need a recommendation for a pool construction company
Old May 25th 2017, 9:29 am
Just Joined

Also, does anyone know how to get Sky TV in Altea Hills. Thank you.
Old May 25th 2017, 9:30 am
Just Joined

Finally, thanks to everyone in advance for their replies.
Old May 25th 2017, 9:56 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikecoll
Also, does anyone know how to get Sky TV in Altea Hills. Thank you.
Contact our resident forum expert The Guy.

Check ads in CB News and contact one of the companies providing an installation service.

Get a fast broadband connection and stream via the internet.