Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Monitored Alarm Response

Monitored Alarm Response

Old Jan 1st 2018, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Longlegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Monitored Alarm Response

The price quoted by OP for a monitored Alarm seams about average, is it worth it?, I think so which is why I pay it and have one in UK and Spain

I also have IP cameras in the house, these send videos/photo's etc when triggered or checked by smart phone, any internet driven device of course relies on good internet and it I was a intruder the first thing I would do is cut power and phone lines.

An alarm sends a signal to the control centre when power is cut, they will then contact you if it's been off for a certain time requesting someone checks the power supply etc, it can use GSM or landline, at the end of the day it's whatever give you the feeling your got things covered
Old Jan 1st 2018, 9:59 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Monitored Alarm Response

Hola,

As it is the holiday season, I am looking after some friends dogs including a "puppy" who needs to be fed twice a day. There are three dogs, a bodagera, A labrador, and an Alsatian. The 6 month old puppy is 6 inches higher than the Alsatian being a Mastin cross.

So I put the fob up to the alarm as usual; nothing happed so I backed away and tried it again. Still nothing so I put the fob front then back to the alarm - absolutely no response so I unlocked the door and entered thinking that I hadn't set the alarm last night.

I had emptied the dehumidifier and was about to feed the cats at the kitchen window when the alarm sound for ten seconds, and then a big booming voice told me to approach the alarm controller.

It then told me the premises were covered by Securitas and asked for the password. There being a choice of two, guess who said the password meaning "Please ring the Police"?

Anyway the alarm accepted the password and I rang my friends and explained. That was when I found out it was the wrong password! So I fed the cats, then the rabbit and finally the dogs.

I had walked ten minutes away from the property when my friends sent me a WhatsApp message saying that they had been contacted by Securitas and told them all was well.

Yes I live ten minutes out outside of the town in a hamlet but in my experience, thieves are in and out in less than two minutes and only take small items easily concealed.

Davexf