Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Missing Irish Teenager - Amy Fitzpatrick

Missing Irish Teenager - Amy Fitzpatrick

Old Nov 6th 2008, 10:43 pm
Just Joined

helpustofindamy is just really nicehelpustofindamy is just really nicehelpustofindamy is just really nicehelpustofindamy is just really nicehelpustofindamy is just really nicehelpustofindamy is just really nicehelpustofindamy is just really nicehelpustofindamy is just really nicehelpustofindamy is just really nicehelpustofindamy is just really nicehelpustofindamy is just really nice
Default Re: Missing Irish Teenager - Amy Fitzpatrick

Originally Posted by TheArmChairDetective
With the permission of BE, how about posting any idea's/leads here.
From experience I know that the slightest thing can jolt others or fit a piece into a bigger jigsaw.

Please do. Anything at all that will help Audrey and dave Find Amy and bring her home. you can see all amys information and news articles at these addresses

http://www.missingamy.com
http://www.helpustofindamy.com
http://www.bebo.com/helpustofindamy
Old Nov 7th 2008, 11:21 pm
Just Joined

helpustofindamy is just really nicehelpustofindamy is just really nicehelpustofindamy is just really nicehelpustofindamy is just really nicehelpustofindamy is just really nicehelpustofindamy is just really nicehelpustofindamy is just really nicehelpustofindamy is just really nicehelpustofindamy is just really nicehelpustofindamy is just really nicehelpustofindamy is just really nice
Default UPDATE FROM AMY'S MAM AND STEPDAD

Dave and i were at A meeting for over 3 hour with our Irish Ambassador and the consular who flew down from Madrid, our Spanish solicitor, IÑIGO EGUZKIZA MUTILOA , the Captain and the Teniente Coronel of the Guardia Civil in Malaga. Our ambassador was there to reassure us again how much our government are behind us and are still supporting us and to thank the Guardia for all they,ve done as we did too. The Guardia went through every single thing they have done in the last 10 months and we asked as many questions as possible and they answered every one. We were going to ask for a date to meet up for updates all the time but before we could the Teniente Coronel suggested it first which we were so grateful for ! So from now on even if theres no news we will be meeting every month in Malaga until Amy comes home. Even though it was a very draining day, as we had to live through every day of the last 10 months at the meeting, it was well worth it for the result and satisfaction we got and the knowledge that the Guardia are not letting this go or forgetting about Amy and the same with our own Prime Minisiter and Ambassador and the Irish people.i speak to parents of other missing kids and they said to me months ago, it doesnt get any easier, which i found hard to believe because of the way i was feeling but its true, i think as it goes on it gets harder. And harder again is Amy is not here and i had to let her brother Dean go back to Ireland because it was so hard for him but its a sacrifice you have to make for your child. Theres always a milestone, its another month, it has just been my first Halloween without my kids, next month christmas then new years eve, then her anniversary, then her birthday, the list goes on……… Someone said to me if anything happened to my kids id die, but you dont which is worse…
Old Nov 7th 2008, 11:38 pm
Forum Regular

lickylady is a name known to alllickylady is a name known to alllickylady is a name known to alllickylady is a name known to alllickylady is a name known to alllickylady is a name known to alllickylady is a name known to alllickylady is a name known to alllickylady is a name known to alllickylady is a name known to alllickylady is a name known to all

I feel so much for you. I live in adelaide but I have freinds that live in Marbella and I will speak to them to see what they can do. There are children being found all the time, alive and well so hold onto that and beleive she is OK. You must beleive it will all your heart and the the universe will answer your prayers. x x x
Old Nov 8th 2008, 6:14 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UPDATE FROM AMY'S MAM AND STEPDAD

Originally Posted by helpustofindamy
Dave and i were at A meeting for over 3 hour with our Irish Ambassador and the consular who flew down from Madrid, our Spanish solicitor, IÑIGO EGUZKIZA MUTILOA , the Captain and the Teniente Coronel of the Guardia Civil in Malaga. Our ambassador was there to reassure us again how much our government are behind us and are still supporting us and to thank the Guardia for all they,ve done as we did too. The Guardia went through every single thing they have done in the last 10 months and we asked as many questions as possible and they answered every one. We were going to ask for a date to meet up for updates all the time but before we could the Teniente Coronel suggested it first which we were so grateful for ! So from now on even if theres no news we will be meeting every month in Malaga until Amy comes home. Even though it was a very draining day, as we had to live through every day of the last 10 months at the meeting, it was well worth it for the result and satisfaction we got and the knowledge that the Guardia are not letting this go or forgetting about Amy and the same with our own Prime Minisiter and Ambassador and the Irish people.i speak to parents of other missing kids and they said to me months ago, it doesnt get any easier, which i found hard to believe because of the way i was feeling but its true, i think as it goes on it gets harder. And harder again is Amy is not here and i had to let her brother Dean go back to Ireland because it was so hard for him but its a sacrifice you have to make for your child. Theres always a milestone, its another month, it has just been my first Halloween without my kids, next month christmas then new years eve, then her anniversary, then her birthday, the list goes on……… Someone said to me if anything happened to my kids id die, but you dont which is worse…
Thanks for the update on what is happening.
I am sure that I can say everyone on B E is wishing for the safe and quick return of Amy to you.
Karma sent.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 4:29 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: UPDATE FROM AMY'S MAM AND STEPDAD

Originally Posted by jdr
Thanks for the update on what is happening.
I am sure that I can say everyone on B E is wishing for the safe and quick return of Amy to you.
Karma sent.

Thank you so much I know Audrey and Dave appreciate the support they are getting from all over the world

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK0TBdB5hNk

This is a song that was written by two young girls for amy. This song has been recorded and will be available to buy very soon. All procedes from the sale of this CD will be donated to the Amy Fitzpatrick Fundraising account.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 9:28 am
Just Joined

Default AMY FITZPATRICK ONE YEAR ON

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_PpTT1Yz7Y
Old Jan 13th 2009, 9:44 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AMY FITZPATRICK ONE YEAR ON

Originally Posted by helpustofindamy

Has there been anything said in Ireland, the news or papers?

How utterly awful. All the best.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 9:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

My heart goes out to you. Could you approach one of the companies that processes milk here in Spain and see if they would put her photo on the milk carton with a "missing still appeal". I know this has been done in the UK with some success. She must be out there somewhere.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 9:50 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
My heart goes out to you. Could you approach one of the companies that processes milk here in Spain and see if they would put her photo on the milk carton with a "missing still appeal". I know this has been done in the UK with some success. She must be out there somewhere.
I think thats an american thing also, from what I've seen when we have been there
A good idea
Old Jan 14th 2009, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

I will give them a try and see if they can help us out. Anything at this stage to find Amy.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 1:36 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: AMY FITZPATRICK ONE YEAR ON

Originally Posted by Londonuck
Has there been anything said in Ireland, the news or papers?

How utterly awful. All the best.
There was a lot of ccoverage over the new year as Amy was missing 1 year on 1.1.09 . Sky news covered her story and a lot of the irish and spanish newspapers.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/vid...l_Sol%2C_Spain
Old Jan 15th 2009, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir

I'm sure I have seen this in Iceland in Uk, & there are quite a few Icelands opening up in Spain at the moment
Old Jan 15th 2009, 11:32 pm
Forum Regular

Sugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of light

I will put this on my Facebook and pass it on to everyone I know and get them to pass it on etc, lets get the ball rolling again.
Old Feb 5th 2009, 7:42 am
Just Joined

helpfindamy is an unknown quantity at this point

http://liamabrady.ie/amy/amy_appeal.html

Please Help Find Amy

Pasted Graphic
Hi - my name is Christopher Fitzpatrick and I’m Amy’s dad.

It has been 12 months since Amy went missing in Mijas, Spain. Not a day has gone by since then that her family and friends have not suffered to know where Amy is. I know, from the many letters of support and calls I have received, that the pain of her disappearance is shared by many of you - family, friends and even people who did not know Amy but for whom the story has touched a nerve. Thank you all for your support to date but this is an appeal for more.

We know that there are people who have information which would help bring Amy back. This is a special appeal to those who, for whatever reason, have chosen to remain silent or who have not been able to share information up to now. Please, please - do the right thing and share what you know.

We have retained the services of Liam Brady to assist in reviewing the details of the case. In Ireland - information can be given to the Gardaí. In Spain, the Guardia Civil can be contacted on +34-636-079-619. If you cannot contact the relevant authorities or the family - then perhaps you can contact Liam or provide information in private.

Whether you have direct knowledge of what happened or are simply a friend who might have heard or seen something around that time which may be relevant - please take the time to send details no matter how insignificant they may appear.

We are also appealing to third parties who may have come in contact with information or people connected with the case. Perhaps you know specific details or have seen information (whether confirmed or otherwise) which may give a new direction to the search. Howsoever, you have come by information which may be relevant, you can be assured of my appreciation and blessing for any details which you can share which can help bring Amy back.

Thank you for taking the time to read this appeal and for any information which you can share.

Christopher

How can YOU help!

* If you participated in or facilitated Amy's disappearance - now is the time to come forward. It does not matter how or why - we just want to bring Amy home so that all who love her can be at peace.
* Amy's many special friends are asked again to reflect on happenings and conversations in the days and weeks leading up to when Amy went missing.
* If you have been involved in the search for Amy and are in posession of information. Even if this information is not generally in the public domain or is unconfirmed - we would greatly appreciate your assistance in collating a compete picture of the events leading up to and subsequent to Jan 1st 2008.

www.searchforamy.com
Old Mar 5th 2009, 11:56 pm
Just Joined

Default Please read and forward to as many people as you can.

To My Child

Just for this morning, I am going to smile when I see your face and laugh when I feel like crying.

Just for this morning, I will let you choose what you want to wear, and smile and say how perfect it is.

Just for this morning, I am going to step over the laundry, and pick you up and take you to the park to play.

Just for this morning, I will leave the dishes in the sink, and let you teach me how to put that puzzle of yours together.

Just for this afternoon, I will unplug the telephone and keep the computer off, and sit with you in the backyard and blow bubbles...

Just for this afternoon, I will not yell once, not even a tiny grumble when you scream and whine for the ice cream truck, and I will buy you one if he comes by.

Just for this afternoon, I won't worry about what you are going to be when you grow up, or second guess every decision I have made where you are concerned.

Just for this afternoon, I will let you help me bake cookies, and I won't stand over you trying to fix them.

Just for this afternoon, I will take us to McDonald's and buy us both a Happy Meal so you can have both toys...

Just for this evening, I will hold you in my arms and tell you a story about how you were born and how much I love you.

Just for this evening, I will let you splash in the tub and not get angry.

Just for this evening, I will let you stay up late while we sit on the porch and count all the stars.

Just for this evening, I will snuggle beside you for hours, and miss my favourite TV shows.

Just for this evening when I run my finger through your hair as you pray, I will simply be grateful that God has given me the greatest gift ever given.

I will think about the mothers and fathers who are searching for their missing children, the mothers and fathers who are visiting their children's graves instead of their bedrooms, and mothers and fathers who are in hospital rooms watching their children suffer senselessly, and screaming inside that they can't handle it anymore.

And when I kiss you goodnight I will hold you a little tighter, a little longer. It is then, that I will thank God for you, and ask him for nothing, except one more day...

Amy Fitzpatrick is missing from her home in Mijas Spain. We need your help to find her and bring her home where she belongs.
THIS IS AMY’S STORY

Can you help us? Please?
They are just words on a screen but to her family, those words are a nightmare scenario that they have to live through everyday. Please read them and please help.

ON NEW YEAR’S DAY 2008, at 10pm, Amy Fitzpatrick said goodbye to her close friend Ashley Rose, with whom she had been babysitting Ashley’s brother at her friend’s house in Mijas Costa. Amy should have arrived at her home on the urbanisation Riviera del Sol in Mijas Costa, near Fuengirola, at about 10:10pm, as it was only a short walk away. But, she never arrived home and has not been heard from or seen since that night.

Amy was 15 at the time of her disappearance; she has black hair, (it could be dyed blonde again), blue eyes and has a pale complexion. She is 1.65m tall and was wearing dark coloured crushed velvet tracksuit bottoms and a black T-shirt with the word “DIESEL” in various different colours when she was last seen. Although Amy is Irish she speaks with an English accent as the area she is from is predominantly British. Amy also had her right front tooth rebuilt 3 years ago. She had no money, phone or passport as she was still on her Mum’s passport. She was wearing her friend’s clothes and carrying a bag of her own dirty clothes.
She turned 17 on the 7th February 2009.Amy is originally from Clare Hall on Dublin’s North side and she moved to The Costa del sol with us four years ago
Her computer and phone have been checked thoroughly and nothing was found to suggest she has left voluntarily with someone. Amy has numerous sites on social networking sites, e.g. bebo, my space, face book and MSN and none of them have been touched since she went missing.

Although the probability that she may have left voluntarily fades with each passing month, lack of any useful evidence keeps it a possibility, none the less. It may be the case that due to the amount of publicity involved, she is afraid to make contact.

We have not given up hope that new information will come to light, despite the time elapsed. We are calling on the public to provide information: It could be residents in the area, it could be anyone who was on holiday there at the time, it could be anyone at all. Please keep your ears and eyes open. Please send us any information you have no matter how insignificant it may seem. There has to be one person somewhere who knows something.

No-one has been caught, which means they are still out there. If it happened once it can happen again.

This has been the hardest year of our lives without Amy and we need her back so we can get our lives back on track.
We are still no closer to finding Amy and we urge anyone who can help us to find her to contact the relevant number s below.

Amy’s Mam: 0034 617 561 319
Or [email protected]

SPANISH POLICE 0034 952 479 030

To speak to the police in English 0034 636 079 619
Amy’s official website is www.missingamy.com
Amy’s official bebo page is http://www.bebo.com/helpustofindamy
To download Amy’s poster and display it please click on these links
https://share.acrobat.com/adc/docume...3-8b339d39df3f

If you have a website please consider putting Amy’s poster or link to her poster on your site.

Thank you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.