Reload this Page >

missed an ITV, what to do now?

missed an ITV, what to do now?

Old Apr 20th 2017, 12:55 pm
Just Joined

chrome_rays is an unknown quantity at this point
Default missed an ITV, what to do now?

H guys,

I own a Spanish car and was in Portugal for a couple of months, realised that I had to have an annual check, passed it in Portugal and then had to attend to urgent matters in another country. Now I have the Portuguese test but no Spanish one. Will I have to pay a penalty or the ITV people will kindly accept the fact that the car was checked by their neighbors?

P.S. I wrote to the ITV office but no response ever came back and my Spanish is not good enough to speak on the phone so if anyone could help it will be fantastic.
Old Apr 20th 2017, 1:38 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: missed an ITV, what to do now?

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Apr 20th 2017, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

I do not think that a Portuguese ITV will be acceptable and so you might be illegal on Spanish roads. Suggest you go to your nearest ITV station and get a Spanish one done ASAP. I do not think they can issue a fine so unless the police get involved you might get away without a fine. Let us know how it works out.
Old Apr 20th 2017, 2:29 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Portuguese ITV has no value. You would have been better popping over the border to get a valid ITV. You should get Spanish one asap.

Last edited by missile; Apr 20th 2017 at 2:41 pm.
Old Apr 20th 2017, 2:29 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

As has been said just take it for an ITV, to cover yourself you can book an appointment online quite easily & if stopped can then say you are on your way to get it done (Guardia can easily check this)
Old Apr 20th 2017, 6:02 pm
Just Joined

thank you, guys! I am currently dealing with my disability issues so as soon as I can I will book an online appointment and go there. Your help is hugely appreciated indeed.
Old Apr 20th 2017, 6:14 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

I know there is an ITV station in Jerez if that is convenient for you?

Polígono Industrial El Portal, C/ Alcalde Manuel Cantos Ropero, 11408 Jerez de la Frontera, Cádiz, Spain
+34 856 58 60 60
Old Apr 20th 2017, 6:34 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by missile
I know there is an ITV station in Jerez if that is convenient for you?

Polígono Industrial El Portal, C/ Alcalde Manuel Cantos Ropero, 11408 Jerez de la Frontera, Cádiz, Spain
+34 856 58 60 60
thank you! I think that the closest to me will be the Huelva one, I have been there before a couple of times and I spoke to several people in Ayamonte, they all wish they had an ITV office there but there is none so far I was just worried that I had to do the test in August last year and went to an intl station in Portugal where they give you a vigorous test (cost me 400 to fix the issues that they found) and it is valid in Portugal but not in Spain, but I must have it done and wanted to know what to be prepared for..
Old Apr 20th 2017, 6:39 pm
Started off with nothing

Good luck
Old Apr 20th 2017, 7:01 pm
Banned

tuhler is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by missile
Portuguese ITV has no value. You would have been better popping over the border to get a valid ITV. You should get Spanish one asap.
With an out of date ITV your insurance is invalid...some give you a fine..some just give you a cita..insist you must have an immergency appt and you wait there for it..I have done this...just forgot...told them the problem...use google translate ..if spanish not good.. write it out and plead "I'm a foreiner" it works..( but not bad spelling) please come back with the result
Old Apr 20th 2017, 7:58 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

That depends on your insurance company and whether it explitly states in your policy that an ITV is required.

As asked Línea Directa that specific question and their response was that it was not a condition of the policy.
Old Apr 21st 2017, 11:35 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Fred James
That depends on your insurance company and whether it explitly states in your policy that an ITV is required.

As asked Línea Directa that specific question and their response was that it was not a condition of the policy.
I have just checked on DGT site and the ITV site..
They said...you are obliged to have insurance for your car in order to take the ITV.. if you do not take the test or pass it within 30 days you are in default..no fine..if you do not pass the test within 60 days trafico are notified and you are fined 200€...failure to have car insurance is a fine if 1500€
Old Apr 21st 2017, 11:59 am
Banned

Originally Posted by chrome_rays
H guys,

I own a Spanish car and was in Portugal for a couple of months, realised that I had to have an annual check, passed it in Portugal and then had to attend to urgent matters in another country. Now I have the Portuguese test but no Spanish one. Will I have to pay a penalty or the ITV people will kindly accept the fact that the car was checked by their neighbors?

P.S. I wrote to the ITV office but no response ever came back and my Spanish is not good enough to speak on the phone so if anyone could help it will be fantastic.
Some of us in a bar up here are discussing this post...one guy spanish has asked a question...how does a spanish reg car get to pass the portuguese ITV?..Anyone know?
Old Apr 21st 2017, 12:45 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Probably the same way Spanish ITV centres have done ITVs on British cars in the past. They will be happy to take your money in exchange for a worthless piece of paper!
Old Apr 21st 2017, 2:49 pm
Started off with nothing

Originally Posted by Fred James
Probably the same way Spanish ITV centres have done ITVs on British cars in the past. They will be happy to take your money in exchange for a worthless piece of paper!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.