Lucena

Old Dec 1st 2017, 6:04 am
Just Joined

GrahamTB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lucena

Hi all new on this site and fairly new to Lucena, just about settled. Are any of you close close by ?
Old Dec 1st 2017, 7:34 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lucena

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst myself and BEVS moderate Europe. Please read the Site Rules http://britishexpats.com/site-rules/ adhere to them so that the site runs smoothly. Moderators are there to ensure that the rules of BE are maintained. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.
Old Dec 3rd 2017, 2:37 am
Just Joined

AndyLucyIan is an unknown quantity at this point

Just buying a town house in Iznajar. Is Lucena "The Place" for furniture, windows and the like ?
Old Dec 3rd 2017, 7:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Mark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond repute

What is your impression of the town?
I've passed there countless times between my house and Malaga. The Carrefour there is a handy place to stop and stock up when flying in and returning and we've bought our fire from a place in the industrial estate.
It's also got quite a decent municipal swimming pool.
I've noticed over the years though the place where Carrefour is has run down quite a lot. Most of the shops in that shopping centre have closed down, the cinema and what was a big DIY shop are no more and I think out of the whole place there is just Sprinter open.

It seems a lot of the furniture places are also no more and I've yet to determine whether the big hotel, the one that can be seen from the motorway, is actually open or not.
Have you been up to the church at Sierra De Aras? I'd be interested to know what the cafe is like as I've been up there but didn't have time to have anything to eat or drink.
Old Dec 3rd 2017, 7:47 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AndyLucyIan
Just buying a town house in Iznajar. Is Lucena "The Place" for furniture, windows and the like ?
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst myself and BEVS moderate Europe. Please read the Site Rules Site Rules | British Expatriate Community adhere to them so that the site runs smoothly. Moderators are there to ensure that the rules of BE are maintained. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.
Old Dec 3rd 2017, 8:00 am
Just Joined

GrahamTB is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi and thanks Mark, I only been here a month, and been rush off my feet sorting , NIE number,bank account, water , electric,garbage and broadband.
Time to sit back and chill for a mo, but what I have seen of the town (centre)it’s seems a selection of quality shops, although spread out. Plenty of beautiful buildings and squares, bars and restaurants
All in all, I think I’m going to be very happy here
Old Dec 3rd 2017, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Mark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond repute

I like Lucena in that it is one of those honest places that shows its good times and bad times and isn't trying to be something its not. I wouldn't have a clue if there are any or many expats there but from what I've seen when I've had a walk round the middle there is plenty of character and the Easter celebrations are a must see.
You're less than an hour away from Cordoba, about an hour to Malaga, Antequera is not far and nor is Chorro and Torcal. All interesting places to visit. Never mind Priego de Cordoba, Almedinilla, Zuheros and Luque. Plus, in half an hour or so you can be swimming in the Embalse de Iznajar on a hot day. Seville is what, about an hour and a half away also?

I do hope you enjoy it there for sure. It seems set up for a good place to live.