Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Low Call costs from Spain to UK

Low Call costs from Spain to UK

Old Jun 17th 2007, 5:38 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Low Call costs from Spain to UK

[QUOTE=jdr;4927167]
Originally Posted by jandy44
Nooooooo not on fathers day pleeeease. lol
Its OK ,Iv stuck the info in favorites for a later date
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 11:56 am
Mortgage Wizard

Gill Stevens is an unknown quantity at this point

Reverting back to the original question on this post, I need to ring back to a UK landline every day - elderly Mother. I will only have my Movistar mobile. I know the cost of ringing via a eurodirect card but does anyone know roughly how much it is on top of that to ring the access number from a mobile? Is it classed as a local number?

Are there any other companies I can use. Not interested in VOIP etc etc as my 94 year old mother does not have a computer!!

We are moving out there in 4 weeks so need to get hold of a card or something else straight away to start ringing mother.
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 12:01 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gill Stevens
Reverting back to the original question on this post, I need to ring back to a UK landline every day - elderly Mother. I will only have my Movistar mobile. I know the cost of ringing via a eurodirect card but does anyone know roughly how much it is on top of that to ring the access number from a mobile? Is it classed as a local number?

Are there any other companies I can use. Not interested in VOIP etc etc as my 94 year old mother does not have a computer!!

We are moving out there in 4 weeks so need to get hold of a card or something else straight away to start ringing mother.
You can use Voip to call land lines...........very cheap,you will just be charged for the connection the call to UK is free........
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 12:25 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Voipcheap.
You can use your landline to her landline free, just pay a 5 cent connection.
Dial from your PC, your phone will ring, pick it up and you will hear it ring her.
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 12:30 pm
YMF
Forum Regular

YMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to all

BT operate telephone services in spain, through other providers, if you speak spanish have a look at arrakis or similar info in English gonuts4free

I have no idea how they compare to others in cost but do have friends who have their internet connection through them.
We used gonutsforfree when we first came out here and like you only had a mobile phone for a while. It worked well.
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 1:05 pm
Young at heart

Originally Posted by jdr
Voipcheap.
You can use your landline to her landline free, just pay a 5 cent connection.
Dial from your PC, your phone will ring, pick it up and you will hear it ring her.
I used them yesterday to call a landline in the Phillipines BRILL
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 6:41 pm
Just Joined

mlamhing is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Johhnyboy
In the UK, to call abroad I use CALL18866 which gives me low cost calls (2p a minute). Is there a similar service available to use from Spain?
John
Use a phone card called 'Fortune' which can be bought from any newsagent