Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Low Call costs from Spain to UK

Low Call costs from Spain to UK

Old Jun 14th 2007, 4:28 pm
Just Joined

Johhnyboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Low Call costs from Spain to UK

In the UK, to call abroad I use CALL18866 which gives me low cost calls (2p a minute). Is there a similar service available to use from Spain?
John
Old Jun 14th 2007, 5:17 pm
The Best Fed Scot

Lochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Low Call costs from Spain to UK

Originally Posted by Johhnyboy
In the UK, to call abroad I use CALL18866 which gives me low cost calls (2p a minute). Is there a similar service available to use from Spain?
John
The Eurodirect Phone Card is quite good. You can get more info on the link below. It costs about 2.3 cents per minute to a UK landline. You pay 6 or 12 euros and you get 45 days from activiating the card to use it.

http://www.onspanishtime.com/europhonecards/
Old Jun 14th 2007, 5:24 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lochy
The Eurodirect Phone Card is quite good. You can get more info on the link below. It costs about 2.3 cents per minute to a UK landline. You pay 6 or 12 euros and you get 45 days from activiating the card to use it.

http://www.onspanishtime.com/europhonecards/
we use the eurodirect card, and it also covers you for calls to the USA for the same costs as to the UK.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 5:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Johhnyboy
John
try voipcheap (thats what I use) also skype - there was a tread about this recently
Old Jun 14th 2007, 6:05 pm
aspeangel

Does voipcheap work from a normal landline or just through computer with a headset??

Old Jun 14th 2007, 6:10 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aspeangel
Does voipcheap work from a normal landline or just through computer with a headset??
You can use it from your phone also,dial up from the pc,it rings your phone, then when you pick it up it dials the number, 5 cents connection call free.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 9:54 am
The Best Fed Scot

Lochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jdr
You can use it from your phone also,dial up from the pc,it rings your phone, then when you pick it up it dials the number, 5 cents connection call free.
Any recommedations for landline to UK mobiles? It eats up my eurodirect card like there's no tomorrow.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 10:18 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Any recommedations for landline to UK mobiles? It eats up my eurodirect card like there's no tomorrow.
Most are rip offs, I call my son through voipcheap on the PC but through my landline to UK mobile, 8cents connection and 8 cents a min call.
You just put your landline number into direct call box and the destination number in the other box with country codes.
Then click direct call, when you finish click the red phone to end call otherwise the call meter keeps ticking on ???
Old Jun 15th 2007, 10:22 am
The Best Fed Scot

Originally Posted by jdr
Most are rip offs, I call my son through voipcheap on the PC but through my landline to UK mobile, 8cents connection and 8 cents a min call.
You just put your landline number into direct call box and the destination number in the other box with country codes.
Then click direct call, when you finish click the red phone to end call otherwise the call meter keeps ticking on ???
Do you need some kind of headset to use that like Skype?
Old Jun 15th 2007, 10:31 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Do you need some kind of headset to use that like Skype?
You can use one but for the sake of the connection fee 8 cents versus 30 or so €`s for a decent head set, I tried a cheapo set but not so good as the phone.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 10:34 am
The Best Fed Scot

Originally Posted by jdr
You can use one but for the sake of the connection fee 8 cents versus 30 or so €`s for a decent head set, I tried a cheapo set but not so good as the phone.
So you plug the phone into the pc?
Old Jun 15th 2007, 10:39 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

The phone can be in any room you like, away from the pc.
But I assume you need a broadband connection for the pc, as I dont think it would work on dialup.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 10:42 am
The Best Fed Scot

ok, nice one, sounds like it's considerably cheaper than other cards and calling direct. Cheers!!
Old Jun 15th 2007, 10:49 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

We use VOIP BUSTER You have to pay 10 euros when you join and we use a USB handset connected to the computer
Our calls to UK are 1cent per minute and free to the US and any Spanish land line
Old Jun 15th 2007, 10:53 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

ok, nice one, sounds like it's considerably cheaper than other cards and calling direct. Cheers!!
Its a free download, so just download it and have a read up on it.
If you want to call mobiles or landlines through the direct call way you just have to put in 10 €`s worth of credit to cover the mobile calls and the connections from your phone.
The credit is on running so you dont lose it, it covers you for 90 days free landline calls, after this period there is a slight charge for calls, but if you put more credit on you get another 90 days free calls, its handy if you call mobiles also cos it is just taken out the credit and no where else can you call UK mobiles for 8 c a min.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.