lost paperwork

Old Jun 3rd 2009, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

gettingthere has a brilliant futuregettingthere has a brilliant futuregettingthere has a brilliant futuregettingthere has a brilliant futuregettingthere has a brilliant futuregettingthere has a brilliant futuregettingthere has a brilliant future
Default lost paperwork

havent posted in here for about 2 years! have a question and thought someone here with all the knowledge flying about might be able to help. my daughter was born in Tenerife and has a birth certificate from there, thing is I lost it! grr, any idea how I can get a new one issued from Spain?
any ideas appreciated, I tried it on line but after 13 years back in the UK I dont understand the Spanish well anymore, can anyone PLEASE help?

Old Jun 3rd 2009, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

Emma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to allEmma-Louise is a name known to all
Default Re: lost paperwork

?? don't know if I will be much help!

Could you contact a company in Tenerife and pay them to get you a copy of her birth certificate?

An internet search should come up with something.....plus there should be English speaking companies to cater for all the ex-pats out there...

??
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

gettingthere has a brilliant futuregettingthere has a brilliant futuregettingthere has a brilliant futuregettingthere has a brilliant futuregettingthere has a brilliant futuregettingthere has a brilliant futuregettingthere has a brilliant future

thanks for that I tried it but to no avail, and the consulate here can get it but are saying they only deal with spanish nationals! Sure there is a logic there somewhere!
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 2:58 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gettingthere
thanks for that I tried it but to no avail, and the consulate here can get it but are saying they only deal with spanish nationals! Sure there is a logic there somewhere!
You do mean the British Consulate don`t you ?
That is where you get the birth certificate from when the children are born in Spain so they must have copies.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

no she has a spanish birth certificate and was not registered at the consulate at the time, she does now have a british passport, but I need a copy of her original spanish birth certificate issued in Arona, the british consulate do not get involved as she has a spanish B C, very confusing!
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 3:10 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

no she has a spanish birth certificate and was not registered at the consulate at the time, she does now have a british passport, but I need a copy of her original spanish birth certificate issued in Arona, the british consulate do not get involved as she has a spanish B C, very confusing!
Sorry I have no idea then, but I think you should of registered her at the consulate too at the time, it may of made things easier.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

hindsight is a wonderful thing! She was born in 1994 so information wasnt as forthcoming then as it is now! had i know I would have done that then but thanks for the suggestion anyway
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 3:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

You will probably only be able to get it from the Town Hall where the birth was registered. They are only a valid document for 3 months would you believe! but are or should be free to obtain.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

thanks I will try that, fortunately I have a photocopy so will search an email address and scan it in and see if they can send an original, what does it mean when you say it is only valid for 3 months?

thanks
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 3:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

thanks I will try that, fortunately I have a photocopy so will search an email address and scan it in and see if they can send an original, what does it mean when you say it is only valid for 3 months?

thanks
I had to get some paperwork from the Town Hall for two of my kids, both born here, so that I could get them ID cards or passports. Whilst I was there and the guy was sorting the copies, he noticed that one of the birth certificates was 3 years old and said that I wouldn't be able to use it as iit was no longer an official document 3 months after issue. He wrote me another one out there and then, no charge, but obviously it had a different number on it!
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

thats news to me! when I came back to the UK i had to get official translations and then use them with the originals to get the passports, but interesting that it expires after 3 months , bet the british passport agency didnt know that one!
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 3:45 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by valenciatim
I had to get some paperwork from the Town Hall for two of my kids, both born here, so that I could get them ID cards or passports. Whilst I was there and the guy was sorting the copies, he noticed that one of the birth certificates was 3 years old and said that I wouldn't be able to use it as iit was no longer an official document 3 months after issue. He wrote me another one out there and then, no charge, but obviously it had a different number on it!
It's like that in France, too. Among other things, it's to avoid bigamy. All changes in marital status are written in the margin of a French Birth Certificate (marriage, death of spouse, divorce, re-marriage, PACS, etc...). When you produce a copy of your B.C. with all your other marriage application papers, the Town Hall Registry will see straight away whether you are actually allowed to get married (which they won't know if it's more than 3 months old)! That's what happens in France, anyway, for what it's worth....
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 4:17 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

thats news to me! when I came back to the UK i had to get official translations and then use them with the originals to get the passports, but interesting that it expires after 3 months , bet the british passport agency didnt know that one!
The Padron is the same, only valid for 3 months but renewable if needed, they do love their paperwork in Spain.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 4:20 pm
Luz
Forum Regular

Luz has much to be proud ofLuz has much to be proud ofLuz has much to be proud ofLuz has much to be proud ofLuz has much to be proud ofLuz has much to be proud ofLuz has much to be proud ofLuz has much to be proud ofLuz has much to be proud ofLuz has much to be proud ofLuz has much to be proud of

Hi Gettingthere,
You can apply on line for a copy. It will cost 19 euros plus postal. You can pay by credit card. The website is http://www.registro-civil.info/nacimiento/
If you have any problem filling in the form then drop me a pm.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

thanks very much will try and fill in with my rusty spanish but likely PM you later when I get stuck if thats OK thanks for that