British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Looking for person (Gibraltar)... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/looking-person-gibraltar-904131/)

Rikalaily Oct 4th 2017 12:08 pm

Looking for person (Gibraltar)...

My mum and step dad moved to Gibraltar in a mobile home in the early 2000s. My mum was poorly and came back to England in 06 to visit when myself and my sister were due our babies and decided to stay as she was poorly herself and her father was ill and she nursed him until he passed away. She has since passed away in 2009 and I am trying to find my estranged stepdad, or anyone who might have known him, where he might be, he may also have passed away as he would be in his 70's now.

He had most of my mums personal possessions including all of our childhood photos, he contacted my older sister by phone around 2011/12 and he said he would return them by post but we never heard from him again. He was told in that phone call that mum and one of our sisters had passed away, our sister passed the year after mum so I'm sure the call didn't leave him in the right frame of mind.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post names etc, if not I can delete info and send by PM.

His name is Robert Graham Lloyd, he went by Graham or his nickname 'Rusty', he has red hair and usually had a beard (probably grey now), he was a welder by profession, tall and thin, Northern accent. He was born in 1944. My mum was Catherine (Cathy), someone might have known them when they were together, she was 5ft 2", short cropped blonde hair and was suffering with several illnesses so looked older than she actually was.

The last info he gave my sister was that he was staying in someones storeroom and doing handyman jobs to get by. We have no idea whereabouts, all we know is Gibraltar.

Thankyou

Rosemary Oct 4th 2017 2:13 pm

Re: Looking for person (Gibraltar)...

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary

Rosemary Oct 4th 2017 2:14 pm

Good luck with your search.

I have moved your thread into the main Spain forum in order to gain more viewings.

Rosemary

Rotor Oct 4th 2017 5:56 pm

I can only find a W Lloyd in the white pages but of course he may be there but not listed , Gib is a small place , a holiday there may find him .

https://gibyellow.gi/result?query=Ll...ential&search=

Rikalaily Oct 6th 2017 12:06 pm

Hello Rosemary, thanks for moving the thread so it's seen by more people.

Rotor - Thank you for checking the white pages. I'm afraid there's no chance of me getting to Gibraltar, but if anyone I know happens to go I'll get them to have a look around for me.

HeikeundAlan Oct 6th 2017 12:22 pm

nothing like help find people then facebook,
:thumbsup:

Scorpiosouth78 Jan 20th 2018 9:49 pm

Hi.

Robert graham lloyd is my biological father. I've only had minimal contact with him.

Please pm me.

Rob Lloyd

Pulaski Jan 20th 2018 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by Scorpiosouth78 (Post 12423461)
Hi.

Robert graham lloyd is my biological father. I've only had minimal contact with him.

Please pm me.

Rob Lloyd

You can't receive PMs until you have made three genuine posts, as opposed to junk, throw-away posts.

Scorpiosouth78 Jan 20th 2018 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by Pulaski (Post 12423468)
You can't receive PMs until you have made three genuine posts, as opposed to junk, throw-away posts.

I am being genuine. I've no reason to lie. I was researching my father and found this thread.

Rosemary Jan 20th 2018 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by Scorpiosouth78 (Post 12423461)
Hi.

Please pm me.

Rob Lloyd

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst myself and BEVS moderate Europe. Please read the Site Rules Site Rules | British Expatriate Community adhere to them so that the site runs smoothly. Moderators are there to ensure that the rules of BE are maintained. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary

Scorpiosouth78 Jan 20th 2018 11:08 pm

Thank you rosemary

Pulaski Jan 20th 2018 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by Scorpiosouth78 (Post 12423478)
I am being genuine. I've no reason to lie. I was researching my father and found this thread.

I'm not saying you weren't, at that point, but you ignored my advice ..... and Rosemary deleted your next post! :lol:

Scorpiosouth78 Jan 20th 2018 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by Pulaski (Post 12423516)
I'm not saying you weren't, at that point, but you ignored my advice ..... and Rosemary deleted your next post! :lol:

Sent pm. I'm trying to help this person,are you? Or just trolling me??
Stand easy old man...

Pulaski Jan 20th 2018 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by Scorpiosouth78 (Post 12423519)
Sent pm. I'm trying to help this person, are you? ....

I was trying to help you! :rolleyes:

dougal03 Jan 21st 2018 11:38 am

You could try to get more info. by putting an ad. in a Gib. newspaper