Looking to live in Benidorm with young family

Looking to live in Benidorm with young family

Old Oct 24th 2016, 10:57 am
Just Joined

Just call Shawn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking to live in Benidorm with young family

Hello eveyone. My name is Shawn and im now really considering moving my young family and wife to live in Benidorm. With me I bring experience in painting and decorating with others skills, would I have much luck earning a living in this trade in Benidorm?

All advice will be gratefully received.

Shawn
Old Oct 24th 2016, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking to live in Benidorm with young family

Originally Posted by Just call Shawn
Hello eveyone. My name is Shawn and im now really considering moving my young family and wife to live in Benidorm. With me I bring experience in painting and decorating with others skills, would I have much luck earning a living in this trade in Benidorm?

Shawn
Hi Shawn,

I live in Benidorm and I think it's a wonderful place to live if you don't need to work!

You will have many posters reply to you about how hard it is to find any sort of work in Spain as a whole never mind Benidorm. So I will tell you straight and truthfully from the start........

I could go to my local expat bar and find several "handy man" people who would paint my home for minimal prices. All around Benidorm there are loads of Spanish and English expats who are desperate for work and would work for beer money.

If you hope to move here and start your own business (self employment) you will need to speak fluent Spanish and pay into the system, (other self employed will confirm this) but I think it's €250 per month but that will cover you for healthcare as well.

There will be other paperwork to sort out like the Residencia documents and Padron when you have found somewhere to live.

Before you're allowed to gain a residents document you will need to prove you have a regular income or a good amount of money in a Spanish Bank account and a valid credit card so you and your family will not be a burden on the state.

You do not get any allowances or benefits here, unlike in the UK.

There will be schools to sort out.

Sorry to dump that on you straight away but I've no doubt there will be other postings.

Benidorm is a great place for families to live and is a healthy lifestyle and environment and I will recommend this city to anyone but only if they have a good income or retired.

If you would like specific information about Benidorm I will try to help, so please ask.

Steve
Old Oct 24th 2016, 12:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Shawn
tebo53 has said it all. Can't comment on Benidorm but there will be enough painters and decorators desperate for work all over Spain. Maybe you speak Spanish and could just contact building contractors in Spain to see what's available.
Old Oct 24th 2016, 1:33 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Shawn
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Oct 24th 2016, 3:56 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Steve. Well there goes my dream for at least 10 years. I'll just have to keep visiting every year for now then.

If anyone on here may need a really good person to trust with jobs such as these I would be really interested.

Cheers again bud

Shawn
Old Oct 25th 2016, 10:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Albir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond repute

if it something you would really love to do in the very near future then my advice before anything else would be for you and your partner to commit any spare time you have to learning Spanish.

Benidorm won't be going anywhere anytime soon!!

There is money to be earnt in and around Benidorm and sometimes you need to have an open mind.

If you moved here with a very high level of Spanish, decent amount of savings to get you by for at least a year, didn't abuse alcohol and have a positive mind you wouldn't be in a very bad situation at all.

It's just what you make out of the situation that counts.