Reload this Page >

Living and working in benidorm for 6 months only

Living and working in benidorm for 6 months only

Old Jan 1st 2018, 10:41 pm
Just Joined

Laura parker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Living and working in benidorm for 6 months only

Hi

I am planning to move to benidorm spain for around 6 to 7 months this year, to work in a bar. I am 21 i currently live in the UK and have never lived on my own.
I want to know what I would be looking at paying out monthly i.e rent, gas electric, water, council tax etc..

Also what would I have to do in regards to working over there would I need permission of any sort? Ive heard about a residentcia or something?

Kind regards
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 5:25 am
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living and working in benidorm for 6 months only

Originally Posted by Laura parker
Hi

I am planning to move to benidorm spain for around 6 to 7 months this year, to work in a bar. I am 21 i currently live in the UK and have never lived on my own.
I want to know what I would be looking at paying out monthly i.e rent, gas electric, water, council tax etc..

Also what would I have to do in regards to working over there would I need permission of any sort? Ive heard about a residentcia or something?

Kind regards
Hi Laura, I live in Benidorm and can confirm that there are over a thousand bars within Benidorm and close surrounding areas. Having said that, there are probably enough (experienced) bar staff/waiters/waitresses etc to staff them twice over. Jobs are usually offered on a "who you know" basis. The bar staff are usually paid minimum wage here in Benidorm which, I believe, is around €4.50 per hour and are expected to work long hours. Some people work on the 'black' for less money. There are about 30% of young people unemployed here in Spain.

You may be able to get an apartment on a short term rental but most (short term) available apartments are rented as holiday rentals and can command high income. IF you can get an apartment, a one bedroom here is around €250/300 a month plus electric at around €35 a month, water and community taxes etc are usually within the rental price. Your landlord 'might' expect you to have a Spanish bank account.

After 90 days you are expected to sign on the foreigners register and get your 'residency card'
To obtain your residents card you will need to have obtained your NIE number, prove that you have sufficient income and have healthcare covered.

As you probably already know, Benidorm is a great place to live and work but if you are out of work you won't get any benefits or help from the Spanish government.

I wish you well in your venture and if I can help with any specific questions about Benidorm don't hesitate to ask.

Steve.

Last edited by tebo53; Jan 2nd 2018 at 7:08 am. Reason: Additional information
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 7:05 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Laura parker
Hi

Kind regards
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst myself and BEVS moderate Europe. Please read the Site Rules Site Rules | British Expatriate Community adhere to them so that the site runs smoothly. Moderators are there to ensure that the rules of BE are maintained. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Worth researching here as well:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/living-in-spain
Old Mar 4th 2018, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

Gedimas is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello guys! I was living in London 4 years.. Now 2 in Glasgow.. I got jobs here, some friends, but something is wrong.. Somehow I don't feel happy at all.. And one day, after one shocking accident in my life I said enough! I need to go there were is nice and warm, where people are happy and smiling Spain! I went to school there, so with the language not gonna problem, anyhow in benidorm is a lot of English. I got couple of work experience, I good forklift driver and befero this was a good barman. Steve like you saying job you get if you know someone.. So the nebiew which just come to town there is now any chance to get the job? 4.50 an hour? But plus tips and it's a little bit better I think?
Old Mar 4th 2018, 8:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Is anyone happy in Glasgow ?
Old Mar 4th 2018, 8:22 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gedimas
Hello guys! I was living in London 4 years.. Now 2 in Glasgow.. I got jobs here, some friends, but something is wrong.. Somehow I don't feel happy at all.. And one day, after one shocking accident in my life I said enough! I need to go there were is nice and warm, where people are happy and smiling Spain! I went to school there, so with the language not gonna problem, anyhow in benidorm is a lot of English. I got couple of work experience, I good forklift driver and befero this was a good barman. Steve like you saying job you get if you know someone.. So the nebiew which just come to town there is now any chance to get the job? 4.50 an hour? But plus tips and it's a little bit better I think?
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst myself and BEVS moderate Europe. Please read the Site Rules Site Rules | British Expatriate Community adhere to them so that the site runs smoothly. Moderators are there to ensure that the rules of BE are maintained. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Mar 4th 2018, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

Gedimas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scot47
Is anyone happy in Glasgow ?
Many people says yes.. Even my ex love.. She is okay in here..