Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Living In Spain Working In UK

Living In Spain Working In UK

Old Aug 19th 2017, 9:54 am
Just Joined

Rednose66 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Living In Spain Working In UK

Hi folks. Ive watched these forums for a few years but never thought to join - until now.

Excuse me if this question may already have been asked but I cant find it here. I am 50 and I work for a UK company. As I do four days on and four off I have been planning on moving into my flat in Spain and commuting back and forwards.

The company I work for have no mechanism of paying my salary into a foreign account. So I hav e a couple of questions.

1. Would I still be able to apply for residency based on the fact that I will be commuting every 4 days and Spain will be my main residence - I will be renting a room in a house bear work for the other four days.

2.Will the fact that I can show wage slips but cant show my salary being deposited in my Spanish bank account be a barrier to my residency application?

3. Last one Would I be taxed in any way on my UK salary which I already pay tax on here?

Many thanks in advance for the assistance!
Old Aug 19th 2017, 9:56 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living In Spain Working In UK

Just one major question - what will you do about health care in Spain? I guess you'll need private.

On the point about tax, you will have to pay tax on your world-wide income as you will bge deemed tax resident in Spain.
Old Aug 19th 2017, 9:58 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rednose66
Hi folks. Ive watched these forums for a few years but never thought to join - until now.

Excuse me if this question may already have been asked but I cant find it here. I am 50 and I work for a UK company. As I do four days on and four off I have been planning on moving into my flat in Spain and commuting back and forwards.

The company I work for have no mechanism of paying my salary into a foreign account. So I hav e a couple of questions.

1. Would I still be able to apply for residency based on the fact that I will be commuting every 4 days and Spain will be my main residence - I will be renting a room in a house bear work for the other four days.

2.Will the fact that I can show wage slips but cant show my salary being deposited in my Spanish bank account be a barrier to my residency application?

3. Last one Would I be taxed in any way on my UK salary which I already pay tax on here?

Many thanks in advance for the assistance!
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Aug 19th 2017, 10:46 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
Just one major question - what will you do about health care in Spain? I guess you'll need private.

On the point about tax, you will have to pay tax on your world-wide income as you will bge deemed tax resident in Spain.
You will. however be able to claim the tax you have paid in the UK against the Spanish tax you will have to pay due to the double tax agreement.
Old Aug 19th 2017, 11:08 am
Just Joined

Rednose66 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mikelincs
You will. however be able to claim the tax you have paid in the UK against the Spanish tax you will have to pay due to the double tax agreement.
Hi guys and thanks for the advice.

Mikelincs does that mean that I would declare my UK tax contributions and then only pay the rest of what I would owe Spain. Or would I have to pay up and then claim it back later against my UK contributions?
Old Aug 19th 2017, 11:26 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

You pay it in Spain, but you can deduct the UK tax paid on the same income on your tax declaration.