Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

"Let's Tax the Sun"

"Let's Tax the Sun"

Old Sep 9th 2013, 7:54 am
Headpoopscopper

HeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Let's Tax the Sun"

Originally Posted by amideislas
Aww hell, Germany has all kinds of ridiculous taxes such as kirchensteuer. It's not cheap. either. About €300 per year per family. generates about €9 billion per year for the vatican, tax-free, and free from any requirement to even disclose it or disclose what it's used for.

But any german can opted out of the church,hence not pay the tax
only draw back you wont be buried in a church yard if you do.
Old Sep 9th 2013, 8:12 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HeikeundAlan
But any german can opted out of the church,hence not pay the tax
only draw back you wont be buried in a church yard if you do.
That's true, but the details of how to do it are not widely published, but loads of misinformation about abmeldung is published. €9 bil is nothing to sneeze at.

The Italians don't have that option though. Compulsory.

Nonetheless it's just another example of the "tax greed" Europeans are increasingly burdened with in the interest of the "common good", which ironically only results in decline of the "common good".

Last edited by amideislas; Sep 9th 2013 at 9:45 am.
Old Sep 11th 2013, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

Jaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really nice

I have been wanting to live in spain for years but every time I came close to buying a house, there was something nagging in the back of my head telling me not to. I love Spain, feel like its my second home and love to come over for long holidays. In the uk the government had a scheme making solar panels accessible and cheap so long as they had some of the power too - it was a good scheme entered into by many, then they stopped it because it was costing them so much. The utility bills here are really high, as is the council tax - my council tax is £1,500 a year in Hastings. So it may be swings and roundabouts because Spanish local taxes are cheap, the bins are emptied every day (we get ours done once a fortnight) and I would imagine the Spanish utility bills are much less.