Leather sofas

Old Apr 9th 2009, 8:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leather sofas

This was in the news recently about leather sofas manufactured abroad:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7961969.stm

Carol
Old Apr 9th 2009, 11:55 am
BE Enthusiast

emsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant future

When we lived in Competa (high and damp) we had a leather sofa which we bought in John Lewis and shipped to Spain. We only lived in Spain in the summer and when we arrived back in May the sofa had a lovely green fur coat on it. We had to take it outside, thoroughly clean it, leave it to dry out and then polish it with some special polish we had sent from UK. (Also happened to shoes and belts).
It happened again a couple of winters later but luckily we then sold the villa along with the sofa. Often wonder if next owners had same problems.
Old Apr 10th 2009, 6:11 am
Banned

Gayle Clark is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, it's good for us. We are every time looking for something new and all about new look and feel with extra style.
Old Apr 10th 2009, 6:59 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gayle Clark
Yes, it's good for us. We are every time looking for something new and all about new look and feel with extra style.
Yes, but you'd have to come a long way from India to buy it!
Old Apr 10th 2009, 7:40 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Yes, but you'd have to come a long way from India to buy it!
I thought she would of got a feely touchy answer from someone, I spose they are all still in bed though.
Old Apr 11th 2009, 12:01 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by emsirrah
When we lived in Competa (high and damp) we had a leather sofa which we bought in John Lewis and shipped to Spain. We only lived in Spain in the summer and when we arrived back in May the sofa had a lovely green fur coat on it. We had to take it outside, thoroughly clean it, leave it to dry out and then polish it with some special polish we had sent from UK. (Also happened to shoes and belts).
It happened again a couple of winters later but luckily we then sold the villa along with the sofa. Often wonder if next owners had same problems.

The new owners have a message for you emsirrah................. Sod off ......... getit.....

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 30th 2009 at 5:38 am.
Old Apr 11th 2009, 4:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

ForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Carol&John
This was in the news recently about leather sofas manufactured abroad:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7961969.stm

Carol
Thanks for this link. I'm surprised Argos sold this kind of product. Is there a way of telling if the sofas come from China as they don't reveal it when you buy from them from the shop?

I'm cautious of buying stuffs from China as there are lots of recall of goods made from China in our TV news quite frequently even baby milk powder.
Old Apr 11th 2009, 6:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

You're welcome.
When we were looking at leather sofas (@18 mos ago), we noted how many came from China. (This was shortly after the earthquake in China; a salesperson even mentioned how orders from China would be delayed due to this tragedy.)
Re: the above link. If you google the name of the solicitors mentioned in the BBC article, you'll see also a link (dated as far back as 2007) listing code numbers of various suites of leather effected with this chemical.
Old Apr 12th 2009, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Econ has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marisol
Hello,
I have bought a leather sofa in NATUZZI. They are now having a sale. Natuzzi has sofas with a very good quality, besides, you can chose the kind of leather you want. they delivery from Italy wherever you need.
I hope it helps, you can glance at www.natuzzi.com
regards,
marisol
We got ours there also, we also paid 'I think' about 180 euros for a 4 year recover guarantee, if the leather is damaged in any way within this time they will recover free of charge. We have a cat and the sales person said if the damage is caused by the cat they will still recover for free... fortunately I don't think we will need to use it but it seems like a good deal if it works as expected.

Before going to Natuzzi we bought one from Imperial, they arrived when I was out and explained to the wife 'as we where on the top (5th) floor' we had to pay extra (she sent them away), I went to to the store and complained 'they told me the cost included delivery to your home' and was not paying any more. The assistant phoned the English van driver who said it was not possible to get into the apartment without heavy lifting so they said it was extra.... got my money back, went to Natuzzi, 4 weeks later the * bigger * seemingly heavier sofas where delivered without any heavy lifting gear, no extra charge, no damage and no gripes. seems like a good service.

Last edited by Econ; Apr 12th 2009 at 9:17 am.
Old Apr 12th 2009, 9:11 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cleri
Sorry to barge into your forum from little Portugal
I am looking to buy a new leather sofa,and the prices here seem absolutely outrageous.
Does anyone know of any stores in Spain,or better still websites,so I could compare the prices,I reckon it may be worthwhile sending one over from Spain.
Any help appreciated
Thankyou
DFS, translates to Direct Furniture Spain, may be a UK company, but they do have a place over here where they make the stuff, and they do sell in the Murcia area.
Old Apr 12th 2009, 9:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Econ has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ForHotspot
Thanks for this link. I'm surprised Argos sold this kind of product. Is there a way of telling if the sofas come from China as they don't reveal it when you buy from them from the shop?

I'm cautious of buying stuffs from China as there are lots of recall of goods made from China in our TV news quite frequently even baby milk powder.
I looked into importing leather sofas from China about 4 to 5 years ago and was surprised to find how many of the sofas here in Spain seemed to come from there, many ranges sold as better quality and lower, with whatever manufactuer name you wanted to call yourself (normal). In fact when I bought my own I made sure I got it from a store whose models I couldn't match to any of the hundreds of references I had from Chinese manufacturers. ... it wasn't easy!
Old Apr 12th 2009, 10:26 am
Just Joined

Sam N is an unknown quantity at this point

There are more options in the UK for buying competitively priced sofas. The only problem is the shipping which to Portugal and Spain can be upto £50 for a set of 3+2 unless you can bring it as part of container.
Try: www.english-sofas.co.uk and www.premiumsofas.co.uk
regards, Sam
Old Apr 12th 2009, 10:50 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sam N
There are more options in the UK for buying competitively priced sofas. The only problem is the shipping which to Portugal and Spain can be upto £50 for a set of 3+2 unless you can bring it as part of container.
Try: www.english-sofas.co.uk and www.premiumsofas.co.uk
regards, Sam
Please point me immediately to the company who will ship a 3 + 2 seater sofa from the UK to Spain for £50 .
Old Apr 12th 2009, 10:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sam N
The only problem is the shipping which to Portugal and Spain can be upto £50 for a set of 3+2 unless you can bring it as part of container.
I would like to know of this company also, I use a commercial logistics company to bring things from the UK and could not match that price with them for something of that weight and size.
Old Apr 12th 2009, 3:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

emsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
The new owners have a message for you emsirrah................. Sod off ......... getit.....
That photo is brilliant and your sofa does not look much different to ours

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.