Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Lawyer needed in Valencia Capital

Lawyer needed in Valencia Capital

Old Jul 11th 2016, 10:28 am
Just Joined

N3r0-N3tj4cK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lawyer needed in Valencia Capital

Can anyone recommend a good lawyer in Valencia Capital, as I need to take a builder to court over uncompleted work.

I did find a thread from 2012, but most of those were from outside the city.

Thanks!
Old Jul 11th 2016, 10:50 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lawyer needed in Valencia Capital

For what it's worth - I wouldn't bother.

We took our builder to court for a number of issues; incomplete work, over charging and mis-appropriation of funds. The case was dismissed locally so we appealed to the penal courts in Valencia, nine years on we're still waiting to hear. Our lawyer says - "it does take a long time in Spain".

I recently went to court as a witness where a Spanish friend was accused of fraud. It had been dealt with locally (took 2 years) 7 years later it went before the penal courts in Alzira. Three hours later all charges were dropped as the person bringing the denuncia withdrew from the case (withdrew his denuncia).

So it takes a LONG time and can cost a fair packet.
Old Jul 11th 2016, 10:59 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the quick response.

This is my main fear, to go all through that and the guy gets off the hook anyway.
Old Jul 11th 2016, 12:01 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N3r0-N3tj4cK
Thanks for the quick response.

This is my main fear, to go all through that and the guy gets off the hook anyway.
Yep. And we see our builder almost everyday. He's known to have done it to others. He's now a bankrupt so the only route we could go was that he did this with intent (we didn't know this when we first did our due-diligence, which was our fault).
Old Jul 11th 2016, 7:50 pm
Just Joined

Roland_O is an unknown quantity at this point

You could try Inmaculada Albinana at Albiñana Moscardó Abogados

She is in the centre of Valencia, C/Almirante Cadarso, 16-2a. She speaks English.

Good luck.
Old Jul 11th 2016, 8:14 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roland_O
You could try Inmaculada Albinana at Albiñana Moscardó Abogados

She is in the centre of Valencia, C/Almirante Cadarso, 16-2a. She speaks English.

Good luck.
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jul 11th 2016, 11:05 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Couple of pals of mine act as Gestors, legal advisors.
I asked them a while back to recommend a lawyer in the Valencian area.

They totally refused, rather than take any responsibility for doing so, and fairly clearly indicated that they didn't know of a single one they could trust.
Old Jul 20th 2016, 1:04 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the replies. Seems most builders are able to just get away with it.

Oh well.
Old Jul 21st 2016, 8:30 pm
Just Joined

Joew88 is an unknown quantity at this point

We have a great lawyer in Valencia City. We use him regularly and have done for several years. He has a good level of English and I would highly recommend him.

His name is Jose Nieto and his email address is: jmnieto@quaterabogados

Good luck!