Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Keeping SKY Subscription in the UK

Keeping SKY Subscription in the UK

Old Mar 7th 2007, 9:59 pm
Mortgage Wizard

Gill Stevens is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Keeping SKY Subscription in the UK

Has anyone carried on paying their SKY subscriptionn in the UK when moving to Spain? We do have an address we can use, but they don't have a SKY dish there and I know SKY can check on addresses and see if there has ever been a SKY subscriber there.

We don't want to drop ourselves in it. If we tell them we are moving address and don't want their "moving home" package where they come and fit another dish at the new property for a small fee, is it usually the end of it?

Has anyone done this without any problems?

We know we can get a company in Spain to do the subscription for us but they normally charge around £120.00 per year for the service.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 10:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Keeping SKY Subscription in the UK

Hi, we bought our sky package over with us a few years ago and just got a large dish installed. Never had anyone check our address etc., we then cancelled the payments as we have cable here, as we had the full package before we still pick up all the BBC and ITV stations and the "free" ones through our sky box, and of course that means we can watch our old "local" news as well.

If you google you can find sites that sell sky cards for around £20 a year, our neighbour has one, that is for the basic package.
Old Mar 8th 2007, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

jo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to behold

I still pay the subscription to include the sports package and just use my in laws address, it has been OK for the last 3 years
Old Mar 9th 2007, 7:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

I think the OP's concern is not continuing to pay for the package but having to notify a change of UK address because, presumably, the address she is currently using is that of a property which has now been sold.

Do bear in mind that you do not need to subscribe at all in order to receive any of the BBC and ITV channels plus quite a few more.
Old Mar 9th 2007, 12:47 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I changed my address to that of mt daughters place, and no problem as I kept the d/d going from my bank account.

The thing to be careful of is that you don't have multiroom, or you are not in your 1st year contract. Either of those will cause you to have to have your box connected to a telephone line and of course you won't be able to do that. If you have multi room cancel it before you leave.

Other than that, no problems.