Jobs in Costa Blanca

Jobs in Costa Blanca

Old Jan 10th 2005, 8:51 am
Just Joined

Bevy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Jobs in Costa Blanca

Hi everyone,

I am new to this so please forgive me if i get this all wrong

I am married with 2 children aged 10 and 12, we would very much like to move to Spain. Our aim is like everyone i guess who moves from England to Spain, a better standard of life. The one thing that we are worried about is work, my husband and i are willing to do almost anything but would like some ideas on what is in demand or what would be possible in this area. Also what kind of salary do you think a family of 4 could live on. We are hoping to send the girls to Spainish schools because we feel that this will help them make new friends and learn the languge quicker, do you think this is a good idea and how do i find out about schools (which ones are good etc).

Thanks for your help

Bevy
Old Jan 10th 2005, 11:26 am
Just Joined

5thbeatle is a name known to all5thbeatle is a name known to all5thbeatle is a name known to all5thbeatle is a name known to all5thbeatle is a name known to all5thbeatle is a name known to all5thbeatle is a name known to all5thbeatle is a name known to all5thbeatle is a name known to all5thbeatle is a name known to all5thbeatle is a name known to all
Default Re: Jobs in Costa Blanca

I suppose it's what job you wan't to do although bear in mind that the wages are very low in that part of spain and then there's the language barrier.. I myself was looking at english teaching but it's a bit saturated right now and you will be lucky to get approx 12 euros an hour, a lot less for any bar work ...etc. It's a bit like 'Klondike' country, you have to go out and battle. As far as schools go you might want to try this link: -

http://www.nabss.org/spainmap.htm

Where about are you thinking of moving to and what sort of work did you have in mind?

Best of luck
Old Jan 10th 2005, 11:43 am
Just Joined

Bevy is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Jobs in Costa Blanca

Originally Posted by 5thbeatle
I suppose it's what job you wan't to do although bear in mind that the wages are very low in that part of spain and then there's the language barrier.. I myself was looking at english teaching but it's a bit saturated right now and you will be lucky to get approx 12 euros an hour, a lot less for any bar work ...etc. It's a bit like 'Klondike' country, you have to go out and battle. As far as schools go you might want to try this link: -

http://www.nabss.org/spainmap.htm

Where about are you thinking of moving to and what sort of work did you have in mind?

Best of luck
Thanks for that web site i will have a look, we are thinking about the Murcia area somewhere between Torrevieja and San Javier. Work wise we aren't to sure my husband fancies something outside as he works in a office over here, or maybe Property Management, Pool cleaning etc. Are you in Spain at the moment if so what are you doing for work

Thanks again

Bevy
Old Jan 11th 2005, 4:06 pm
Just Joined

Tazpenfold is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Jobs in Costa Blanca

Originally Posted by Bevy
Thanks for that web site i will have a look, we are thinking about the Murcia area somewhere between Torrevieja and San Javier. Work wise we aren't to sure my husband fancies something outside as he works in a office over here, or maybe Property Management, Pool cleaning etc. Are you in Spain at the moment if so what are you doing for work

Thanks again

Bevy
Hi there,
this isnt in answer to your question but more to tell you we purchased a property in Campoamor about 18 months ago and are moving there in 4 weeks (scary!!) to live permanently. It is about 14 mins east of murcia, slightly south west of torrevieja. We purchased our house through Millennium Worldwide and i can recommend them if you are looking for a company to visit through. It seems a nice area.....good luck if you take things further!

Karen