IPTV

Old Aug 26th 2015, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

mariajose is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IPTV

Has anyone got actual experience of this company, does it do what it says, does it work? I have tried out these "dream boxes" but seem to be a bit problematic . I have told about justIPTV and wondered if anyone had used it please
Old Aug 26th 2015, 8:34 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IPTV

Hola

Internet Protocol TeleVision (IPTV) is the generic name given to internet TV. I use an Android box from Droidsticks (no connection with the company) and get a plethora of live TV, boxed sets and films plus (not that I am interested) a load of sports channels.

A number of people think this is the future; that all other forms of transmitting TV signals etc will cease to exist eventually. The downside is that you need a reasonable internet connection with a reasonable speed. There are those that will tell you that IPTV doesn´t have sufficient picture quality and go to great lengths to put you off. I suggest you ask friends and neighbours how they get their TV

I have Googled "JustIPTV" and realise that it is a company that charges per month. I bought my Android box outright and have no monthly payments

Davexf

Last edited by Dxf; Aug 26th 2015 at 8:37 am. Reason: Googled JustIPTV
Old Aug 26th 2015, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

dairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nice

Depends on what you want. I pay for the IPTV service (25 euros per month) and I think it´s worth it. 7 day playback is particularly good and there´s no messing around with the android box, apps etc. which I found irritating.

For all of them you´ll need a reasonable internet speed.
Old Aug 26th 2015, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

sorry to sound a bit dim but how do I check my internet speed? what speed do I need and what is this thing called band width?
Old Aug 26th 2015, 7:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Try this to check the speed of your internet it tests download and upload speed. There are others but this will do what you need Speedtest.net by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test
Old Aug 26th 2015, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

download is 8.12 and upload is .81
does this seem ok?
Old Aug 26th 2015, 8:46 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

That's more than good enough for 90% of all IPTV services.
Old Aug 27th 2015, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Fred James
That's more than good enough for 90% of all IPTV services.
Thanks Fred
Old Aug 27th 2015, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dxf
Hola

Internet Protocol TeleVision (IPTV) is the generic name given to internet TV.
A number of people think this is the future; that all other forms of transmitting TV signals etc will cease to exist eventually. The downside is that you need a reasonable internet connection with a reasonable speed.

Davexf
Technology is wonderful until it becomes saturated with users. In the UK I have a fibre connection with speeds up to 1Gb/s sounds awfully fast and it was. Then as more and more users are added to the same system it get slower and slower. You can only squeeze so much information into one space- the more users the slower it gets. Eventually all fast connections will slow markedly.

That is unless they install more expensive cable/equipment and we know that is the last thing any supplier wants to do - max profit, minimum outlay.

I'm not saying the system is a bad thing, just showing both sides of the coin so to speak. The only way to guarantee good continued service is either antenna or satellite dish, in other words a 'one to one' service and not something shared among dozens/hundreds of others.
Old Aug 27th 2015, 9:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

I find rather than others using the broadband slowing it down, turning the modem off now and again for a few minutes then re booting it sometimes improves speed that as slowed!
Old Aug 27th 2015, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

thanks to both of you, helpful comments