Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

ILLEGAL BRITISH IPTV STREAMS SHUT DOWN

ILLEGAL BRITISH IPTV STREAMS SHUT DOWN

Old Mar 26th 2013, 6:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Saxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: ILLEGAL BRITISH IPTV STREAMS SHUT DOWN

Originally Posted by Domino
well you are totally irrational but as I have been out all day I wondered what you would get up to without your nurse to watch over you.................

now lets get this right (apologies to those who have posted the same/similar)
Yes it is free (at the moment). But built within the business model to please those who are providing the funding, because this can be called a Free Trial, there will be plans to extract charges. Membership may still be Free but if there is something you want to see specifically then there will be a charge - in essence a Pay Per View. As I said, even if each person only spent £100 in a year that makes the £1.2billion. I can't see shareholders and business partners etc not wanting part of that cake, but will not stay for too long if they don't start getting some payback for 5+ years of support.

Now, having looked at all your irrational posts, I was surprised to see you now claiming you used it all the time. I would imagine you are on a pay per click type of agreement with this company, where you get a sum for recommending them to the general public. So how much is it you get paid everytime you post on here that company name. Do you have to prove it when you recommend a bowls club member.?

To all of these companies the number of members registered is part of their business advertising and a draw to advertisers to get their products in front of so many people in one go (if the internet could take it). I would imagine they would be very upset to find that at least 10% of their "members" are forcing them into a situation where they are in breach of contract which could lead to the courts closing the business down as they are unable to police their membership.

Must go, just heard the Visitors Bell, so your nurse will be round with your meds soon, so hope you have a quiet night - there is always another day in the asylum
To try and save yourself from looking a complete idiot, could you please tell us the post number where I say I use TVCatchup all the time. I don't recollect ever posting that statement.
Old Mar 27th 2013, 7:57 am
Banned

BAT7311 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Saxy
For a start the BBC aren't involved in the dispute!
I think that the court ruling only applies if the retransmission takes place after the original broadcast is aired, but that is just my reading of it, I'm not a 'Legal Eagle' (I wish I were, I'd have Mansions and 'Rollers' all over the place ).
I think that is why TVCatchup is so confident of their position!

P.S.
Mitzyboy, what's a sense of humour
the ECJ RULING is very simples - you need PERMISSON from the ´author´ COPYRIGHT HOLDER to use THEIR material on the INTERNET ..FULL STOP ..
(the BBC and the the uk government were óffical observers´ at the ECJ case
as an ´´ interested party´and ´the enforcement body´ )

Question referred
On the interpretation of Directive 2001/29/EC of the European Parliament and of the
Council of 22 May 2001 on the harmonisation of certain aspects of copyright and
related rights in the information society ("the InfoSoc Directivew):
Old Mar 27th 2013, 8:02 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Saxy
You see what I mean, he can't get anything right!!!

TVCatchup......... IS FREE!!!... GET IT, FREE!!!..... IT DOESN'T COST ANYTHING TO BE A MEMBER.... IT DOESN'T COST ANYTHING TO WATCH IT!!

I hope he understands what FREE means.

John
its not free it IS STOLEN - and that was the judgement ..they NICKED it they are THIEVES ...i do nor pick the words lightly but if it is a criminal law and they have taken something that belongs to others without permission they are COMMON THIEVES and they will be charged under the act with TWO YEARS in prison
Old Mar 27th 2013, 8:07 am
Banned

I would suggest that the BBC are doing what they do best - sit back and let the others to all the work and ride on the back of the legal rulings paid for by others.

As to TVCATCHUP, who profess not to be taking live feeds but are a rebroadcaster of previously transmitted Intellectual Property..........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TVCatchup

perhaps they are confident of their postion in things, but the worrying part is that obviously you are not. But you have already admitted you use various methods to get round the checking systems restricting access to the dance.
I leave others to make their own conclusions as to where that leaves you, especially as you have already admitted to recommending such systems to others.

Oh, and many thanks for the advertising on my behalf.
it is AGAINST the LAW of the EU TO RECORD THE MOVEMENT OF ITS CITIZENS that apply to your computer as well as your car/bike/boat
you seem to be stuck in that time loop of yours around 1980
the ECJ RULING is very simples - you need PERMISSON from the ´author´ COPYRIGHT HOLDER to use THEIR material on the INTERNET ..FULL STOP ..
Old Mar 27th 2013, 8:20 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

But taking action against a consumer who has broken the terms and conditions of their agreement by providing incorrect information ( wrong location ) is Not.
That is standard international contract law.
It is just the same a giving the wrong address to any supplier of goods or services you purchase.
Old Mar 27th 2013, 8:27 am
Banned

Originally Posted by EMR
We were all" guessing" about the loss of UKTV whn the new Astra sats were launched but its going to happen.
Once they are operating the BBC etc can demonstrate in court that they are restricting programming to the UK only and thus add to its arguements regarding the re broadcasters who at the moment in defence can say that reception of BBC etc is not restricted and is in the public domain.
this ruling affect EVERONE in europe - case closed .the war is over . its just a matter of taking the other side prisoner ... the BBC/itv/C4/RTL/ARD/ZDF/TF1/RAI and all th other boradcasters won ...
PUBLIC DOMAIN means THERES IS NO COPYRIGHT this will not apply to anything that the BBC put out .its mostly old B+W films and of course CHARADE 1963 being the most famous without CW
http://www.putlocker.com/embed/95B2B532D3F4635B
Old Mar 27th 2013, 8:31 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with you, my posting was the counter arguement that the re broadcasters would use.
Old Mar 27th 2013, 8:39 am
Banned

well you are totally irrational but as I have been out all day I wondered what you would get up to without your nurse to watch over you.................

now lets get this right (apologies to those who have posted the same/similar)
Yes it is free (at the moment). But built within the business model to please those who are providing the funding, because this can be called a Free Trial, there will be plans to extract charges. Membership may still be Free but if there is something you want to see specifically then there will be a charge - in essence a Pay Per View. As I said, even if each person only spent £100 in a year that makes the £1.2billion. I can't see shareholders and business partners etc not wanting part of that cake, but will not stay for too long if they don't start getting some payback for 5+ years of support.

Now, having looked at all your irrational posts, I was surprised to see you now claiming you used it all the time. I would imagine you are on a pay per click type of agreement with this company, where you get a sum for recommending them to the general public. So how much is it you get paid everytime you post on here that company name. Do you have to prove it when you recommend a bowls club member.?

To all of these companies the number of members registered is part of their business advertising and a draw to advertisers to get their products in front of so many people in one go (if the internet could take it). I would imagine they would be very upset to find that at least 10% of their "members" are forcing them into a situation where they are in breach of contract which could lead to the courts closing the business down as they are unable to police their membership.

Must go, just heard the Visitors Bell, so your nurse will be round with your meds soon, so hope you have a quiet night - there is always another day in the asylum
NO TOTALLY WRONG - the ruling a long,long,long time ago ..is that and i quote ´´FOR PROFIT ORGANISATIONS ´´ obtain Á BENEFIT´´ from any actions they take .this was to clear up a EU VAT issue in about 1990... so a company that gave away a product still had to pay the VAT on it even if it got no money back for it ...so it is TOTALLY thrown out and you cannot even bring it up in court re pay or free ...legally you are offering a product
and the courts rule of that fact alone
Old Mar 27th 2013, 8:47 am
Banned

Originally Posted by EMR
What viewers may or may not do to hide their location contravening the terms and conditions of the sites they are viewing is one thing. The commercial approach that will be taken by the broadcasters to encrypt and protect their sites from those who have not paid to view or steal the content is another.
There is a lot of money to be made by the BBC etc and as public funds and advertisng revenues change so will their atitude.BAT you are right when you say that many of us have not caught up with technology and the same goes for the broadcasters they will not let the current free for all last for much longer.
it is ILLEGAL for a person to circumvent an ENCRYPTION system to obtain viewing .if you do this you can be put in prison .. so watching SKY WITHOUT PAYING ...ANYWHERE in the 27 is porridge time .
HOWEVER the BBC and ITV do not ENCRYPT there broadcasts they geo lock them which the ECJ said is ILLEGAL ...
and i would like to add the viewers watching BBC programs LEGALLY in europe send money to the uk so they can have a cheaper TV licence !!!

Last edited by BAT7311; Mar 27th 2013 at 8:49 am.
Old Mar 27th 2013, 9:18 am
EMR
Banned

The UK TV lisence has got nothing to do with the BBC, it is a lisence to receive a TV signal within the UK.
The government has decided to give that revenue to the BBC but it is just a tax like so many others. It is a declining part of the BBC revenue.
Paying your UK TV lisence even though you may live abroad ( if anyone does that ) is a waste of your money and does not give you any rights to watch UK TV.
Sky encrypts its signal which is obviously legal so there is nothing to stop the main UK broadcasters doing the same.
My thoughts are that there is a potential commercial opportunity for the BBC/ITV to provide a subscription service to mainland Europe through re broadcasters or local cable/sat suppliers.
If I were in the commercial department of these companies that is certainly something I would be exploring.
Old Mar 27th 2013, 12:56 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BAT7311
NO TOTALLY WRONG - the ruling a long,long,long time ago ..is that and i quote ´´FOR PROFIT ORGANISATIONS ´´ obtain Á BENEFIT´´ from any actions they take .this was to clear up a EU VAT issue in about 1990... so a company that gave away a product still had to pay the VAT on it even if it got no money back for it ...so it is TOTALLY thrown out and you cannot even bring it up in court re pay or free ...legally you are offering a product
and the courts rule of that fact alone
I can't see what I have said that is TOTALLY WRONG
Are you on the same prescription happy pills as Saxy

What has VAT got to do with it - that is a commercial problem for the company concerned

surely when you have stuck up an aerial or used an ADSL line to take a signal from the originator or his approved rebroadcaster you haven't spent any (or very very little) money.

There used to be a sales pitch known as The Puppy Dog Pitch. Pet shop owner has puppies to get rid of, he persuades you to take one for a month, no charges - perhaps even throws in the food as well - if you don't get on with it then you can give it back at no cost
How many people actually take the dog back ??? After all it is a sweet puppy. So they get billed for the puppy, and have to provide a home for the rest of its life (or just dump it in another down as happens in Spain).

These "free" rebroadcasters are using the Puppy Dog Pitch. Its free now, but in a year or two they will start introducing Premium viewing for a football match or two, the latest James Bond etc etc. Then the list of free channels gets smaller and smaller. But you are still getting it for free.

So where is there VAT on a free service
Old Mar 27th 2013, 1:05 pm
Banned

I can't see what I have said that is TOTALLY WRONG
Are you on the same prescription happy pills as Saxy

What has VAT got to do with it - that is a commercial problem for the company concerned

surely when you have stuck up an aerial or used an ADSL line to take a signal from the originator or his approved rebroadcaster you haven't spent any (or very very little) money.

There used to be a sales pitch known as The Puppy Dog Pitch. Pet shop owner has puppies to get rid of, he persuades you to take one for a month, no charges - perhaps even throws in the food as well - if you don't get on with it then you can give it back at no cost
How many people actually take the dog back ??? After all it is a sweet puppy. So they get billed for the puppy, and have to provide a home for the rest of its life (or just dump it in another down as happens in Spain).

These "free" rebroadcasters are using the Puppy Dog Pitch. Its free now, but in a year or two they will start introducing Premium viewing for a football match or two, the latest James Bond etc etc. Then the list of free channels gets smaller and smaller. But you are still getting it for free.

So where is there VAT on a free service
did you make this video for ´´free´´ or do we all have to pay later ???
http://youtube.googleapis.com/v/nn8YubD01sk&autoplay=1
Old Mar 27th 2013, 1:12 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
But taking action against a consumer who has broken the terms and conditions of their agreement by providing incorrect information ( wrong location ) is Not.
That is standard international contract law.
It is just the same a giving the wrong address to any supplier of goods or services you purchase.
It isn't financially, as well as commercially, viable to take people to court for "listening" to something - you have to prove it conclusively. Although I am sure that Capita UK would love the opportunity to send people out into the pueblo's and use their gizmo's that pickup the signals from televisions.

The only thing they can do is to "switch you off" by whatever method, including encryption. Although there will be pirate cards available within a couple of weeks at a price.
Old Mar 27th 2013, 1:15 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by EMR
The UK TV lisence has got nothing to do with the BBC, it is a lisence to receive a TV signal within the UK.
The government has decided to give that revenue to the BBC but it is just a tax like so many others. It is a declining part of the BBC revenue.
Paying your UK TV lisence even though you may live abroad ( if anyone does that ) is a waste of your money and does not give you any rights to watch UK TV.
Sky encrypts its signal which is obviously legal so there is nothing to stop the main UK broadcasters doing the same.
My thoughts are that there is a potential commercial opportunity for the BBC/ITV to provide a subscription service to mainland Europe through re broadcasters or local cable/sat suppliers.
If I were in the commercial department of these companies that is certainly something I would be exploring.
not according to the woman at the BBC who gets paid 135,000 pounds a year
´´The overspill of the BBC’s services will be reduced so viewers outside the UK will find it even harder to receive them. I know that this causes unhappiness to some of you living outside the UK. However, it is entirely appropriate because the BBC domestic services are for people living in the UK only.´´
Alix Pryde Director, BBC Distribution

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/abouttheb...onders-in-2013

germany has brought in a LAW that EVERYONE inside germany must pay the TV LICENCE AND ANYONE IN RECEIPT OF STATE BENEFITS ie german OAPS in SPAIN ..result 60 channels free to air with a 28e box ..
Old Mar 27th 2013, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by EMR
as the licence is issued based on post code and property unless someone is using a UK address I don't see how TV licencing can issue a licence.
and considering how much people complain about how much they have to pay for the rubbish that is being shown I cannot see them wanting to pay for it.

all part of that streak running through the internet - its free, its on the internet, don't see why I should pay.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.