Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

ILLEGAL BRITISH IPTV STREAMS SHUT DOWN

ILLEGAL BRITISH IPTV STREAMS SHUT DOWN

Old Mar 26th 2013, 7:34 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ILLEGAL BRITISH IPTV STREAMS SHUT DOWN

Originally Posted by Saxy
Good grief, can't this man get anything right!!

Go back to post 51, and See if you can.... READ....IT....CAREFULLY!!!
Then, COME....BACK....HERE.... and tell me where it mentions ALKI DAVID,
or.... WHEN.... The BBC....CHANNEL 4.... or CHANNEL 5, TOOK....HIM.... (ALKI DAVID)....TO....THE.... UK....COURTS.
By then, you MIGHT have worked out that it is TVCatchup that is the little man
oh it must be very hot where you are, its driving you banana's
your posts are getting more and more irrational - must be heat stroke, just not in my part of Spain.

TVCatchup director Bruce Pilley .......... its 12 million members
now if he makes lets say £100 per year out of each of these members that is a turnover of - wait for it - £1.2billion. That must make him a little man.

And all he has to do is buy an aerial or three, pick up other people's work and pass it on to the freeloaders on the internet who hate the thought of paying for something - after all its their Human Right to sit and watch television, any television, anywhere, for free.

I need to put some petrol in my car today, but there's no need to pay for it, after all it is my Human Right to drive my car when and where I want without paying for the privelege.

Saxy, do me a favour, please. Take TVCatchup transmissions and rebroadcast them on the internet for free to all your friends and relatives and anyone else then sit back and wait for that nice Bruce Pilley to come along and pat you on the back - as he serves you with a writ.

`
Old Mar 26th 2013, 8:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Saxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Domino
oh it must be very hot where you are, its driving you banana's
your posts are getting more and more irrational - must be heat stroke, just not in my part of Spain.

TVCatchup director Bruce Pilley .......... its 12 million members
now if he makes lets say £100 per year out of each of these members that is a turnover of - wait for it - £1.2billion. That must make him a little man.

And all he has to do is buy an aerial or three, pick up other people's work and pass it on to the freeloaders on the internet who hate the thought of paying for something - after all its their Human Right to sit and watch television, any television, anywhere, for free.

I need to put some petrol in my car today, but there's no need to pay for it, after all it is my Human Right to drive my car when and where I want without paying for the privelege.

Saxy, do me a favour, please. Take TVCatchup transmissions and rebroadcast them on the internet for free to all your friends and relatives and anyone else then sit back and wait for that nice Bruce Pilley to come along and pat you on the back - as he serves you with a writ.

`
You see what I mean, he can't get anything right!!!

TVCatchup......... IS FREE!!!... GET IT, FREE!!!..... IT DOESN'T COST ANYTHING TO BE A MEMBER.... IT DOESN'T COST ANYTHING TO WATCH IT!!

I hope he understands what FREE means.

John
Old Mar 26th 2013, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Saxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to behold

I think it's probably time to close this thread. It's gone 'Off Topic'. and is getting very silly.

The OP, posted that he had lost his IPTV service, and the question was, was it just a glitch, or has it been restored?

John
Old Mar 26th 2013, 8:53 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

TV catch up and other may be "free in the UK "at the moment just as many fo the music sharing sites were. However as the market develops and the loss of copywrite and revenue becomes a major issue to the TV companies then sites such a TVCU and many others will either be closed down or have to change to PayTV. Eventually we will see the equivalent of ITUNES type companies taking over internet TV.
I do not consider that to be a problem , the artists, producers, technicians etc who we rely on to produce the programs we watch should receive royalties etc. Why do some expect to get it for free!!!.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by EMR
TV catch up and other may be "free in the UK "at the moment just as many fo the music sharing sites were. However as the market develops and the loss of copywrite and revenue becomes a major issue to the TV companies then sites such a TVCU and many others will either be closed down or have to change to PayTV. Eventually we will see the equivalent of ITUNES type companies taking over internet TV.
I do not consider that to be a problem , the artists, producers, technicians etc who we rely on to produce the programs we watch should receive royalties etc. Why do some expect to get it for free!!!.
OFF TOPIC!!!!! and all SPECULATION!!!

Last edited by Saxy; Mar 26th 2013 at 9:01 am.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 9:04 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Who made you the moderator.
Is this how you react to loosing an arguement.!!

Internet TV is a product just like baked beans ,little in life is free and expect to see an increasing loss of " free IPTV " as its profit potential is recognised.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by EMR
Who made you the moderator.
Is this how you react to loosing an arguement.!!

Internet TV is a product just like baked beans ,little in life is free and expect to see an increasing loss of " free IPTV " as its profit potential is recognised.
Lost the argument?. That will have happened if and when the UK court decides that TVCatchup is illegal and not before!
As for the moderator issue, the TVCatchup subject is off topic.
If the thread still runs, I would appreciate an answer to the original topic.
Has the service been restored or not?

John
Old Mar 26th 2013, 9:48 am
EMR
Banned

You have already lost the arguement as UKTV catch up TV is only available " oficially " to UK residents ".
As you are not in the UK you are already on borrowed time.
Make the most of what you have it will not last idefinetly unless one day you are prepared to pay for it.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 10:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by EMR
You have already lost the arguement as UKTV catch up TV is only available " oficially " to UK residents ".
As you are not in the UK you are already on borrowed time.
Make the most of what you have it will not last idefinetly unless one day you are prepared to pay for it.
WRONG!
I don't use TVCatchup!
TVCatchup block the use of their program outside of the UK!

Last edited by Saxy; Mar 26th 2013 at 10:06 am.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 10:10 am
EMR
Banned

So what UK tv are you watching using your Spanish IP address ??
As you suggest you are not using a proxy UK address ??
Old Mar 26th 2013, 10:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by EMR
So what UK tv are you watching using your Spanish IP address ??
As you suggest you are not using a proxy UK address ??
Might I suggest that you spend more time investigating the availability of UK TV in Spain. You clearly are not up to speed on the subject!
Old Mar 26th 2013, 10:23 am
Im a 77 year old nutcase

tommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond repute

This is free UKTV.... filmon.com .. freetvall.com you dont need an ip address..
Old Mar 26th 2013, 10:24 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm coming out of the closet

I have the ability to cloak my IP, if I want to. I have that ability because, yes, there are occasions when I don't want people to know where I am or who I am. That applies when visiting places like download sites. Yes, I have streamed BBC TV, as an experiment on iPlayer. I don't think that makes me a bad person! No one was harmed in the streaming of my TV program, even though it was about Jack the Ripper.

So why the hyper argument here? I already closed one thread on this because it was getting silly. Ultimately unless any one of us are international legal experts then none of us know the real definitive situation. It's all opinion, nothing more. So why get so worked up about it ... it's only television!
Old Mar 26th 2013, 10:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I'm coming out of the closet

I have the ability to cloak my IP, if I want to. I have that ability because, yes, there are occasions when I don't want people to know where I am or who I am. That applies when visiting places like download sites. Yes, I have streamed BBC TV, as an experiment on iPlayer. I don't think that makes me a bad person! No one was harmed in the streaming of my TV program, even though it was about Jack the Ripper.

So why the hyper argument here? I already closed one thread on this because it was getting silly. Ultimately unless any one of us are international legal experts then none of us know the real definitive situation. It's all opinion, nothing more. So why get so worked up about it ... it's only television!
Exactly!!!!
As I said earlier "We are all being Barrack Room Lawyers". We have to wait the decision of the courts. Until then it is all speculation! However there are still people who think that they understand the jargon of the ECJ ruling requested by the UK court!

John

Last edited by Saxy; Mar 26th 2013 at 10:38 am.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 10:46 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Saxy
You see what I mean, he can't get anything right!!!

TVCatchup......... IS FREE!!!... GET IT, FREE!!!..... IT DOESN'T COST ANYTHING TO BE A MEMBER.... IT DOESN'T COST ANYTHING TO WATCH IT!!

I hope he understands what FREE means.

John
Erm, Sorry, but nothing is free, my friend.

Facebook is also free, but magically achieves revenues of over €4billion per year. You think that money comes from god?

Just having you as a "free" member means they are in a position to collect revenue for it. They collect a cent or two from every Hyundai, Volkswagen, Kitchen cabinet, can of cat food, offshore tax haven, insect repellent, mobile phone service, holiday rental company and food product they promote on their website. With million or billions of members, it adds up quickly.

Those "free" services are using content that they don't own or pay for, precisely that which compels you to join and be an active member, subject to promotion of all these products, which is where their revenue is generated.

At the end of the day, you actually do pay for it, despite it being free. But they are achieving that revenue by leveraging a commodity that someone else invested in, and owns the rights to, and THAT is the legal debate over how legal (or fair) their business actually is. They can fight it in the courts for years, but at the end of the day, somebody has to compromise. If you use Facebook, the fine print will show that you transfer ownership and rights to anything you upload there. So, they don't have to pay royalties.

Legitimate internet TV businesses buy the rights to the content and resell the content to you (a subscription service). There are a myriad of complex issues surrounding it, not the least of which is ensuring that people can't receive the content without paying for it, but also ensuring that the content isn't delivered to any region not granted in their agreement with the content owners. IPTV company "A" may have the right to sell to customers in the UK, but company "B" may have bought the rights to sell to customers in Spain. Neither are allowed to trample on each others' territory.

TANSAFFL

Last edited by amideislas; Mar 26th 2013 at 10:51 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.