Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

I want to part-exchange my house in the UK!!!

I want to part-exchange my house in the UK!!!

Old Jan 4th 2005, 10:17 pm
Just Joined

neeterben is on a distinguished road
Default I want to part-exchange my house in the UK!!!

Does anybody know of any companies/private parties/agents who are looking to buy or part exchange with my property? I own a house in Anfield, Liverpool and want to buy a place on the Costa Blanca a.s.a.p. The area I live in is to be regenerated and Liverpool F.C.'s new football ground is being built here, so alot of the houses here are being knocked down. Mine is one of the few hundred houses that is staying, but I want to be in Spain NOW!!! If I wait for a couple of years then my house will be worth £20k to £30k more, but I don't care, cos I want to move soooooooo badly! I hope someone out there can help me! (If you can't it's ok, I enjoyed moaning and feel much better now!!! )
Old Jan 9th 2005, 3:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs down Re: I want to part-exchange my house in the UK!!!

Hi

I have not heard of any such people over here in Spain - I have been looking for my friend.

However she did make contact with a company who was willing to buy her house straight away for cash in UK BUT they only wanted to pay her half of the value and it put her off and she did not proceed any further. Seems like a good living for someone!!!

Mitzipurr

PS Maybe putting onto this site was the best idea you had...

Originally Posted by neeterben
Does anybody know of any companies/private parties/agents who are looking to buy or part exchange with my property? I own a house in Anfield, Liverpool and want to buy a place on the Costa Blanca a.s.a.p. The area I live in is to be regenerated and Liverpool F.C.'s new football ground is being built here, so alot of the houses here are being knocked down. Mine is one of the few hundred houses that is staying, but I want to be in Spain NOW!!! If I wait for a couple of years then my house will be worth £20k to £30k more, but I don't care, cos I want to move soooooooo badly! I hope someone out there can help me! (If you can't it's ok, I enjoyed moaning and feel much better now!!! )
Old Jan 12th 2005, 1:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

matt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant future
Default Re: I want to part-exchange my house in the UK!!!

Why don't you let it out for the next couple of years? Rent in Costa Blanca for now and sell it as and when the time is right?

As long as it is self funding then no issue. If you need some cash to live on over and above the rent then you could capital raise on the house and take a lump sum out of it now. Arguably if you took £20k out of it now and the price goes up £20k and it self funding you will be no worse off in the future!

Hope this helps,

Matt
Old Jan 12th 2005, 2:08 pm
Just Joined

neeterben is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by matt begley
Why don't you let it out for the next couple of years? Rent in Costa Blanca for now and sell it as and when the time is right?

As long as it is self funding then no issue. If you need some cash to live on over and above the rent then you could capital raise on the house and take a lump sum out of it now. Arguably if you took £20k out of it now and the price goes up £20k and it self funding you will be no worse off in the future!

Hope this helps,

Matt
Hi Matt, Thanks for your input - we have actually thought about doing that, but the situation is a bit more complicated. Our house here in Liverpool has 6 bedrooms, so houses like this are only really of interest to landlords who want to turn them into flats (bedsits or whatever, for students). There doesn't seem to be many big families any more does there? We also still have a mortgage on the house which includes a clause stating that we can't rent the property, and even if we could, we don't really want to have any ties here when we leave the country. Never mind, I'm sure we will resolve our situation shortly, we are very optimistic!
Old Jan 15th 2005, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

Krazey is a jewel in the roughKrazey is a jewel in the roughKrazey is a jewel in the roughKrazey is a jewel in the rough

Try renting the house out (with an agent) until it can be sold. Thats what I am doing

Jannie (place that with vodka and I'll die happy)