Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

how much money do you need when moving to spain

how much money do you need when moving to spain

Old Jan 3rd 2008, 10:06 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how much money do you need when moving to spain

Originally Posted by lee8
You need the same amount as you would in the UK.

Rent is around the same rate as in UK cost of living is very similar overall, smethings can be cheaper others more expensive than the UK.
are you sure?
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 10:14 am
Banned

Location: What one has not experienced, one will never understand in print
lee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
are you sure?

I pay 590.00 Euros for a three bed apt in Malaga.

In south Wales I`m about to rent a three bed house for £610.00 a month.

Similar amounts.

I`m looking to buy in S/Wales a house is around £80,000 - £170,000 dependant on conditon etc.

In Malaga there the same in Euros.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 10:21 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Similar amounts.

I`m looking to buy in S/Wales a house is around £80,000 - £170,000 dependant on conditon etc.

Like for like Spain is much cheaper Lee, there is a 4 bed house down the road from us that is coming up for rent for £3000 a month, which is just over 4000 euros, and you can rent a whole lot of house for that in Spain.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 10:40 am
Banned

lee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to all

Like for like Spain is much cheaper Lee, there is a 4 bed house down the road from us that is coming up for rent for £3000 a month, which is just over 4000 euros, and you can rent a whole lot of house for that in Spain.
I can only go on the areas i`ve lived.

I`ve never found living in Spain cheaper than the UK, if anything there are cheaper finds in the UK than Spain.

My Spansh family regularly shop here in the UK, last time my mother in law had to buy a suit case and spend £150in excess baggage.

My sister in law s coming for baby cloths, shes due to drop in April, Advent products are cheaper in MotherCare, a automatic breast pump in Spain the cheapest is around 90.00 Euros, MotherCare have there own brand at £14.00.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 11:36 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Similar amounts.

We will meet up Saturday and every pound you give me I will give you a euro in return... deal
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 1:23 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by jdr
We will meet up Saturday and every pound you give me I will give you a euro in return... deal

Deal, I love earning easy money.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 1:39 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

Deal, I love earning easy money.
I think that jdr is on the winning side
this morning it was 1.36 to the pound
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 1:46 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by gallerie9
I think that jdr is on the winning side
this morning it was 1.36 to the pound
I live in Malaga and wrk in the UK, think about it.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 1:48 pm
Straw Man.

Now that's a commute, no wonder you want out.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 1:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute

Similar amounts.
We've gone from a rural unfurnished 2 bed semi in the UK to a rural furnished three bed finca in Spain with about 40% more floor area.

Our rent has dropped by 2/3rds.

Malaga is probably better compared with London than South Wales.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 2:25 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

I,m thinking you would be giving me 36 cents extra for every quid / euro we swopped. nice...
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 2:30 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by jdr
I,m thinking you would be giving me 36 cents extra for every quid / euro we swopped. nice...
No, i`d be giving you conterfeit pounds.

So I`d be quids in.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 2:32 pm
Straw Man.

No, i`d be giving you conterfeit pounds.

So I`d be quids in.
you know that jdr is ex Special Branch don't you?
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 2:34 pm
Banned

you know that jdr is ex Special Branch don't you?
So he`d been easy to deal with then.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 2:36 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

So he`d been easy to deal with then.
No, special bitter drinker.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.