Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

How do you scrap a car legally?

How do you scrap a car legally?

Old Aug 28th 2017, 4:07 pm
lic
Forum Regular

lic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nice
Default How do you scrap a car legally?

Hi,
My car is still a runner, but lacks aircon. It's a RHD matriculated to Spanish plates.
I've decided to scrap it, but don't know how to legally. I don't want to hand it to a scrap yard, unless that scrap yard does the necessary paperwork.
Is there a way of knowing that the paperwork has been completed properly and the DGT will be informed so I am no longer responsible for the vehicle?
Obviously I'd like the paperwork at the time of scraping the car.
Thanks in advance.

Lic
Old Aug 28th 2017, 4:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How do you scrap a car legally?

Originally Posted by lic
Hi,
My car is still a runner, but lacks aircon. It's a RHD matriculated to Spanish plates.
I've decided to scrap it, but don't know how to legally. I don't want to hand it to a scrap yard, unless that scrap yard does the necessary paperwork.
Is there a way of knowing that the paperwork has been completed properly and the DGT will be informed so I am no longer responsible for the vehicle?
Obviously I'd like the paperwork at the time of scraping the car.
Thanks in advance.

Lic
It is all on the DGT site how to complete the process. Go to an officially registered scrap dealer ( CAT ) who are authorised to submit the documents and they should give you an official receipt after the process.
The official list is here :
Centros Autorizados de Tratamiento de VehĂ­culos

The actual form is here :
https://sede.dgt.gob.es/Galerias/tra.../Mod.01-ES.pdf
Old Aug 28th 2017, 5:28 pm
lic
Forum Regular

lic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nice
Default Re: How do you scrap a car legally?

Originally Posted by Loafing Along
It is all on the DGT site how to complete the process. Go to an officially registered scrap dealer ( CAT ) who are authorised to submit the documents and they should give you an official receipt after the process.
The official list is here :
Centros Autorizados de Tratamiento de VehĂ­culos

The actual form is here :
https://sede.dgt.gob.es/Galerias/tra.../Mod.01-ES.pdf
Thank you very much.
Lic