Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Homes from Hell ITV re Camposol

Homes from Hell ITV re Camposol

Old Aug 10th 2011, 3:35 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Homes from Hell ITV re Camposol

Can I ask a question of the members who own in Camposol.......I know that you have said that although there are a lot of British owners there are also a lot of other nationalities too but I am not sure whether the village is predominantly used as holiday homes or all year round living. I am purely being nosey no other reason for asking. Also I am calling it a village but I notice that some of you call it an urbanisation so could you put be straight on this too.

Love seeing photo´s of different places so thank you Carole for putting them on.

Rosemary
Old Aug 10th 2011, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

maureen Gritt is an unknown quantity at this point

To Ex-Pat may I say as one very happy resident who has lived here for 6 years,thank god you dont.

Last edited by maureen Gritt; Aug 10th 2011 at 4:01 pm.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 4:03 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

The paramount theme park...Paramount are only willing to provide a licence, they aren't putting in any money. The project is still organising presentations to attract investors to raise millions, or even billions

Given the failure record of other theme parks in Spain they would have to be mad. I think it is pie in the sky considering everything. Hype thought up by local politicians many of them under suspicion of corruption and money laundering!
Old Aug 10th 2011, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

Ex-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maureen Gritt
To Ex-Pat may I say as one very happy resident who has lived here for 6 years,thank god you dont.
AMEN
Old Aug 10th 2011, 4:11 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Can I confirm that we are talking about the Camposol near Mazarron? If we are, is it possible that Ex Pat is talking about somewhere else as it looks much further than 5k from the sea...
Old Aug 10th 2011, 4:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=sparkiestchica;9550555]megmet posted

It's just a collection of houses packed as tightly together as the developer could get away with, they are packed together like sardines and anyone not believing that can take a look on Google Earth for conformation, they can also see on there the landscape and how the complex is far away from being finished.

If they are as packed together as closely as you say, how come the majority of use have our own private swimming pools??

Also, maybe you are more clever than I, but how do you tell from Google Earth, that the complex 'is far away from being finished'??

Do tell!![/QUOTE]

Please do tell us all why we have had this kind of response on here from newcomers? I wonder if you happen to be part of the sales team with a vested interest in sales.

You are all quick to tell us how wonderful the place is and to post the prettiest views but it's not all that way.

These are not my photos, but they are freely available to see on the web....including the pig farm which probably smells of roses!

This photo taken from the Pig Farm
https://picasaweb.google.com/andrea....04877508270658

A view of the lovely sector C at Campasol
https://picasaweb.google.com/andrea....04306277620242

https://picasaweb.google.com/andrea....04125888993794 And another one, I love how cosy they all are.

Last edited by megmet; Aug 10th 2011 at 4:21 pm.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 4:19 pm
Just Joined

Please make your mind up,you tell us to live amongst the Spanish.The pig farm is OWNED by a Spaniard and it is in the campo,pray how many spanish farming towns have you driven through and not got the occasional whiff,its the smell of the country side.And to EX PAT I dont know were they showed you but the sea is approx 15 klm away and in the car it is about a 10-15 min drive away.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 4:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maureen Gritt
Please make your mind up,you tell us to live amongst the Spanish.The pig farm is OWNED by a Spaniard and it is in the campo,pray how many spanish farming towns have you driven through and not got the occasional whiff,its the smell of the country side.And to EX PAT I dont know were they showed you but the sea is approx 15 klm away and in the car it is about a 10-15 min drive away.
But it isn't a Spanish farming town, it's according to you lot a beautiful and idyllic urbanisation that we should all aspire to live on.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 4:33 pm
Just Joined

We are part of Mazarron,which is a Spanish town which relies more on agriculture than tourism.

May be it is time to call a halt to this thread.

Those who dont live here only see the negative.

Those of us who do can see the positive.

And it is obvious opinions are not going to change,so lets all be happy with were we are.

P.S I dont remember wishing any one to asspire to live here,only not to be critical about a place you have only seen on a T.V show.

Last edited by maureen Gritt; Aug 10th 2011 at 4:38 pm. Reason: to ADD ANOTHER COMMENT
Old Aug 10th 2011, 4:54 pm
Just Joined

Larry37 will become famous soon enough

Can I just ask all the ´senior members´ why you are getting so upset with the fact that people who enjoy living on Camposol are trying to defend the beautiful area that we live in ? Whether we are new members or old, we have a right to defend that. To my knowledge none of the new posters are estate agents, and I believe that if you look back this thread, you will see that Sithering has already explained why there has been a sudden rush of new members to this forum.
My God ! What is your problem ? If you don´t live here, why are you getting so upset about it ? A member just asked for some information on the area, and while I can understand that some people may have their point of view based on a one-off visit however many years ago (although ex-pat still seems to have his facts wrong about where he actually went), and others based on that tv programme (which did not give all the pertinent facts about each of the cases highlighted!), the level of vindictive comments would lead some to think that there is another reason for this barrage of insults - jealousy perhaps, couldnt afford the size of the house you wanted perhaps ?
To assist the person who asked the original question, I would suggest that you only listen to the comments from the people who live here, and have the experience to give a true picture. Ok, most of the comments have been from happy residents (that might tell you soemthing !), but you may well get some from disgruntled residents as well - but please ignore the comments from those that have never lived here, because they really mean nothing.
I am not posting anything further on this, because to be quite frank, I find some of the comments very insulting ! How dare You !! Most people that have bought their houses here have had to work hard (or continue doing so) to afford their place in the sun, whether it is large or small, and I find it disgusting that you disrespect that. Even if I knew where you lived, and I thought it was the last place in the world that I would want to live, I would never be so rude and ignorant to slag it off in such a manner. I wouldn`t even comment, unless I had personal experience, whether good or bad. GET A LIFE !!!
Old Aug 10th 2011, 5:00 pm
Just Joined

sparkiestchica is an unknown quantity at this point

Megmet

You still haven't answered question about Google earth!!

As to the photos you have shown on C - I also own a villa there which I rent out for holidays, and this is precisely what they are - in the majority holiday homes.

If you want you can see some photos of my other villa with swimming pool etc, but you only want people to see the bad side don't you.

As to being a newcomer to this site, I think I have as much right as a 'senior' to put my point of view.

Maybe you would like to post some photos of your one story property, so that we can all see what we are missing!!
Old Aug 10th 2011, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

Tabbycats4 has a spectacular aura aboutTabbycats4 has a spectacular aura aboutTabbycats4 has a spectacular aura about

Very well said Larry and sparkiestchica!

Rosemary, I could not answer the question you ask but I am sure someone else could....There are a lot of permenant residents though!
Glad you like the photographs x

Carole x
Old Aug 10th 2011, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

Tabbycats4 has a spectacular aura aboutTabbycats4 has a spectacular aura aboutTabbycats4 has a spectacular aura about

Homes from Hell ITV re Camposol-068.jpg

Homes from Hell ITV re Camposol-spain-2010-062.jpg

Camposol
Old Aug 10th 2011, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

PPS

I an not an Estate Agent...just a very happy Camposol home owner...one of the majority
Carole
Old Aug 10th 2011, 5:22 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tabbycats4
Very well said Larry and sparkiestchica!

Rosemary, I could not answer the question you ask but I am sure someone else could....There are a lot of permenant residents though!
Glad you like the photographs x

Carole x
As I said I was being nosey because it makes no difference really apart from the community feel. If there are a lot of holiday homes I guess the atmosphere changes during the summer months. However I am not getting the feel from the posts that the place is deserted in the winter months. Some coastal resorts are like ghost towns in the winter which is quite offputting. So presumeably there is a good healthy mix of permanent and holiday homes to keep the place feeling alive.

Another question I have is something that one of my neighbours keeps on about and that is having a mix of ages in a street. She always says that a street needs to have a range of ages in order to be complete. Our street is L shaped and the first part is a real mixture of ages including quite a few children but when you turn the corner this changes to less of a mix and only two children. So what about there? Is it a mix or mainly families or middle aged and retirees?

Rosemary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.