Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Homes from Hell ITV re Camposol

Homes from Hell ITV re Camposol

Old Aug 10th 2011, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

Tabbycats4 has a spectacular aura aboutTabbycats4 has a spectacular aura aboutTabbycats4 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Homes from Hell ITV re Camposol

No its not everybody's idea of heaven, definitely mine though and plenty other folks! It really is a lovely place. I will post some more photos.....
Best wishes
Carole
Old Aug 10th 2011, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

Tabbycats4 has a spectacular aura aboutTabbycats4 has a spectacular aura aboutTabbycats4 has a spectacular aura about

Sorry but there only one person with your narrow minded attitude, trying to spoil others enjoyment.

You are entitled to your opinion, but please keep your nasty comments, which are totally unnecessary, to yourself

Thank you...I hope you are as happy at your Spanish home as we are at ours

Carole

Last edited by Tabbycats4; Aug 10th 2011 at 3:37 pm.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

By the way, the property you saw was the very smallest casa A Victoria which has the wrought iron staircase...these are small. but still, they are folks "hard earned" little holiday homes in the sun.

There are very very few of these properties....Try having a look at some of the others , some of them are moderate size, some enormous, depends on your personal taste. A lot of them are really beautiful homes
Carole
Old Aug 10th 2011, 2:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sithering
Surely no-one actually believes that ITV makes these kind of programmes in the interests of prospective purchasers? That's like saying the X Factor is a genuine talent show....not just a money-making exercise. This isn't public service broadcasting, it's a company trying to make money!

I and other posters are not so much concerned about defending where we live as telling the truth- something ITV did not do.

The structural problems the programme referred to are real, but to put it into perspective this has happened to about 0,5% of the total build. I agree it is still 0,5% too much, but the programme appeared to suggest it affected the whole development, which is ever so slightly inaccurate;0) There are a handful of owners with serious problems, and my heart goes out to them, but there are also a number of other developments in this region (built by different developers) that have serious issues for one reason or another.

I naturally understand that many people would not want to live in close proximity to their neighbours, in which case an urbanisation is totally unsuited to them. We chose our home carefully as my wife is disabled and has very poor mobility, so for us it was essential to go for a one-size-fits-all solution. We have friends here who live in small Spanish villages, some miles out in the Campo, and one or two on the local campsites. None of these would have been possible for us.

@megmet It is obvious from your stated location that you are one of those people who likes wide open spaces, so why do you feel the need to justify your opinion by deliberately referring to an aerial photograph which is at least four years old? It does you no credit at all.
So the TV doctored the images of houses falling apart did they and lied about the plight of 'some' of the residents?

You mention a handful of residents having a problem.....I can imagine you thank God every day that you are not one of that handful.

I don't need to justify my opinion at all, I have actually seen the place and as I said...you couldn't pay me to live there.
It may be ideal for people who like to be packed like sardines, personally I don't want to be able to see what my neighbours are eating for lunch.

Now you may not like it and by singling me out from the others it's clear that you don't but.....my opinion is every bit as valid as your own!

It's in no way a Spanish village as has been said here in this forum, it's a large mainly British urbanisation on which 'some' but not all of the properties have a structural problem.....and that my friend is the truth not an opinion!
Old Aug 10th 2011, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

What is your problem?? Where is your Spanish home?

You seem so nasty about Camposol yet you don't live there.... we are not packed like sardines, there is space countryside, open air and more space...think you better go and have another look...

Where is your Casa?? it must be a wonderful place?

Last edited by Tabbycats4; Aug 10th 2011 at 3:04 pm.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

Homes from Hell ITV re Camposol-025.jpg

Homes from Hell ITV re Camposol-066.jpg

Camposol Photos

Carole x
Old Aug 10th 2011, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

Ex-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tabbycats4
By the way, the property you saw was the very smallest casa A Victoria which has the wrought iron staircase...these are small. but still, they are folks "hard earned" little holiday homes in the sun.

There are very very few of these properties....Try having a look at some of the others , some of them are moderate size, some enormous, depends on your personal taste. A lot of them are really beautiful homes
Carole
As someone previously said, maybe now they can put a specsavers there. You seem not to be able to read what is written down or deliberately misquote to cause an argument.
Please read again, no I do not call anyone an a$$hole, we happen to call the place camp-a$$hole and that is our opinion, please respect my opinion as I do yours and don't call names!

I also do not understand how you would know what property I saw, I am sure I was there only with my OH and the estate agent who was a male unless of course that he has now changed his name to Carole?

Old Aug 10th 2011, 3:08 pm
Just Joined

tezrogers will become famous soon enough

I never expected to get such a fantastic response and reaction to my initial enquiry. I have read all the replies so far and have decided to come over and have a really good look around myself. From the comments made by the people who actually live there it is obvious that they are happy with the choices they made. Thank you all very much for making my first post such an interesting and informative one
regards
Terry
Old Aug 10th 2011, 3:09 pm
Just Joined

sparkiestchica is an unknown quantity at this point

megmet posted

It's just a collection of houses packed as tightly together as the developer could get away with, they are packed together like sardines and anyone not believing that can take a look on Google Earth for conformation, they can also see on there the landscape and how the complex is far away from being finished.

If they are as packed together as closely as you say, how come the majority of use have our own private swimming pools??

Also, maybe you are more clever than I, but how do you tell from Google Earth, that the complex 'is far away from being finished'??

Do tell!!
Old Aug 10th 2011, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tabbycats4
Attachment 102080

Attachment 102081

Camposol Photos

Carole x
Lovely photos.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

Because *Ex Pat* the homes that are small, ( but still lovely) have a wrought iron staircase and these are Victoria models and maybe a few Fiestas...The others have a metal plain or brick built staircase.

Please give me the name of your Place of spanish home so I can knock it to the hilt!!!! Or do you not have one?

Opinions are welcome, however, put yourself in all of our positions... people have invested their hard earned money there, and what ever you think, it isn't kind to 'knock' them as you have.

Camposol folk are proud of their homes and community...its a beautiful place...even with its minority of problems!!!!

Carole
Old Aug 10th 2011, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you Chiclanagir...its a beautiful area
Carole x
Old Aug 10th 2011, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

Sparkiestchica

There are a lot of jealous folk....people like to believe the negative side of things...never the positive

Carole xxx
Old Aug 10th 2011, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

TezRogers

Please go have a look for yourself, There are a lot of good things about Camposol you must see for yourself. I have owned a property for 6 years and never ever, once, regreted buying there...its a lovely place and the surrounding countryside is beautiful , as are the friendly natives lol!

Have a great time

Carole x
Old Aug 10th 2011, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

CAMPOSOL....

Homes from Hell ITV re Camposol-056.jpg x

View from our terrace

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.