Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Homes from Hell ITV re Camposol

Homes from Hell ITV re Camposol

Old Aug 7th 2011, 1:34 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Homes from Hell ITV re Camposol

Originally Posted by Ex-pat
OH and myself visited the place about 4 years ago.
Then, the houses where already falling apart. The urbanisation is built on a sloping side towards the sea (not really a mountainside). It is divided into four separate area's. We went to the highest part first and looked down towards the sea which was about 5 km away. My immediate thought then was: NO greenery in sight, no bushes or trees, no colour except sandy brown similar to the desert.

We talked to several people (maybe we did not talk to the right ones) but the general feeling was that they did not want to live with the Spanish.

As I said, maybe we spoke to the wrong people but why come to live in Spain when you have that sort of attitude.

We saw an estate agent who insisted that we should have a look at some property. That was his biggest mistake! The property that we saw was too small to swing a cat, and outside spiral staircase took us to the roof,well it would have done had it not come away from the wall! The estate agent said that the property was one year old!

The overall feeling was that this was a large housing estate, think Milton Keynes although I would not want to insult anyone from Milton Keynes.

We would never even consider living there and we were happy to leave the place.

This of course is only my opinion and as everyone is different the place probably appeals to many others.

I think I saw a progra,mme on this place too, but I can't be certain. Certainly looking at what they showed, I would rather stick needles in my eyes than live there.
Old Aug 7th 2011, 1:56 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
So you think the market has bottomed and is ready to rise? I'm impressed that you should have such inside information when the world seems to be tanking.

Prices are low, and the current dip in shares has the smart, cash rich people buying shares like there's no tomorrow.

By all means buy a property now if you like it and want to live there indefinitely.

However, if you want to buy for investment, I'm damned if I know anyone who is saying "Buy, buy, buy!"

From what I see here, with a lot of people who want to sell and can't, and lots of newbuilds standing empty, there is no sign of an upturn any time soon.
I have to say I agree with this analysis (although like on all things I could be wrong). It may be the case that Spanish companies (eg Indra, Zara, Ideateca, Iberdrola etc) are doing well on the external or export side. Also tourism is up this year, and efforts are being made to attract new markets eg the Chinese. But there is always a long time lag before this can substantially affect employment rates. Until local Spanish are back to work permanently and confident of the medium term future, who's going to take up the slack and buy the properties? I doubt it'll be the Brits in any numbers, especially as their pound doesn't buy many euros nowadays. Additionally, the banks are being forced to be very careful with their lending - gone are the days when money secured against a property was seen as a sure bet.
There again, a sudden upsurge in the UK economy, and a dramatic fall in the value of the Euro against the pound? It could all change quicker than we think. But who knows the probability of that happening? It could also get worse.
Old Aug 7th 2011, 2:17 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil

However, if you want to buy for investment, I'm damned if I know anyone who is saying "Buy, buy, buy!"

From what I see here, with a lot of people who want to sell and can't, and lots of newbuilds standing empty, there is no sign of an upturn any time soon.
I take it you don't know any estate agents Most property is still overpriced, especially what the banks are selling. Time to batten down the hatches, not investing in property in euroland.

I didn't see the programme, when was it on?
Old Aug 7th 2011, 2:19 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
I take it you don't know any estate agents Most property is still overpriced, especially what the banks are selling. Time to batten down the hatches, not investing in property in euroland.

Yeah, ok, it took me a couple of minutes to work the meaning out of that.

karma on its way.
Old Aug 7th 2011, 5:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't want to live there even if the house was a gift!
It looked dire enough on the program, but it's such a worthless place that even Google Earth didn't bother going too far in!
Old Aug 7th 2011, 5:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tezrogers
Was considering purchasing a property on Camposol Urbanisation but after watching the programme recently I am not sure.
Has anyone got any advice on this please.
Take a look at this link, then please go look for a house elswhere.
http://cracamposol.com/news/?cat=7&paged=2
Old Aug 7th 2011, 6:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo

http://www.tv-replay.co.uk/homes-from-hell-2011/
Old Aug 8th 2011, 3:45 pm
Just Joined

sparkiestchica is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lynn R
I saw the programme and regardless of the kind of structural problems being reported, I could not for the life of me see why anyone would have wanted to buy a property there anyway - it just looked like an enormous, soulless housing estate of identikit properties stuck in the middle of nowhere in a not very attractive landscape. What was it that the OP found appealing?

I'd just like to let you all know that I've lived very happily on Camposol for the last 7 years.

Surely, all of you must have enough common sense to know that this type of programme ALWAYS shows the worst possible scenario??.

The landscape is absolutely brilliant. we are surround by mountains and lots and lots of countryside, yet we are only 10 minutes drive away from some of the best beaches in Spain.

OK, we have had problems, but these ate now being sorted. I have travelled round Spain quite a lot, and most villas in this price range seem to be tiny little boxes with no ground.

My villa is 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom on 420 sq meter plot, and don't forget when Paramount Theme Park opens in a few years ( about 15 kms away) and with the new airport (about 20 mins drive away) prices are going to soar.

I would advise anybody thinking of buying on Camposol, to definitely come and have a good look round - I think you will be pleasantly suprised!!

Forgot to mention, we also have several bars, a huge supermarket, various other shops and a 4* hotel

If anyone would like 'photos of my villa. please ask - and NO I'm am NOT selling - am VERY happy here
Old Aug 8th 2011, 4:02 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Paramount studios is a dead duck. A bit like the Disneyworld legend they used to sell property on the CDS.

I don't know the place but it looks dreadful on video.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 4:15 pm
Just Joined

sparkiestchica is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to disagree - but Paramount is very much alive!!
Old Aug 8th 2011, 4:34 pm
Just Joined

Larry37 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Ex-pat
OH and myself visited the place about 4 years ago.
Then, the houses where already falling apart. The urbanisation is built on a sloping side towards the sea (not really a mountainside). It is divided into four separate area's. We went to the highest part first and looked down towards the sea which was about 5 km away. My immediate thought then was: NO greenery in sight, no bushes or trees, no colour except sandy brown similar to the desert.

We talked to several people (maybe we did not talk to the right ones) but the general feeling was that they did not want to live with the Spanish.

As I said, maybe we spoke to the wrong people but why come to live in Spain when you have that sort of attitude.

We saw an estate agent who insisted that we should have a look at some property. That was his biggest mistake! The property that we saw was too small to swing a cat, and outside spiral staircase took us to the roof,well it would have done had it not come away from the wall! The estate agent said that the property was one year old!

The overall feeling was that this was a large housing estate, think Milton Keynes although I would not want to insult anyone from Milton Keynes.

We would never even consider living there and we were happy to leave the place.

This of course is only my opinion and as everyone is different the place probably appeals to many others.
Ex-Pat, I am not too sure that it was Camposol you visited ?? Camposol does not slope towards the sea ! But if it was Camposol you visited, then it sounds like the house they took you to see would be the smallest available (1 bedroom, mainly used as holiday homes), but there are loads of beautiful houses of varying sizes on the urbanisation, so maybe it was dependant on your budget that you were shown that house.

I too live on Camposol, have been here for 8 years, and also work here for a Spanish company. I regard myself as lucky to have chosen Camposol to make my home, having visited many other urbanisations in the area that do not have the facilities that Camposol has. Although there are a lot of Brits that live here, as soon as you step out of the urbanisation, you are then in a very spanish environment. This is so unlike many of the other towns in the area, and that was why I chose to live here.

I appreciate that there are some people who have problems with their houses (isn´t it the same on most large urbanisations?), but that programme was very misleading in that it somehow forgot to mention a few pertinent facts about 2 of the cases that they highlighted, which actually would have had the viewer looking at it in a different light altogether. One of the people they were talking with, wasn´t even standing outside his own house, and they made it look like the house he was standing at was falling down ! Not the case, that particular house has no structural problems whatsoever, it just had a new wall built that hadn´t been plastered etc. These type of programmes only want to shock, wouldn´t be good viewing if all they showed was the positive aspects would it ! I also don´t understand what the people on that programme hoped to achieve by doing that - ITV aren´t going to get the house fixed for them, they don´t care - all it´s done is reduce even further the value of their property ! I also feel that the programme made a mockery of the people who have genuine problems with their houses, and are trying to resolve these issues by going through the correct channels (pardon the pun).

To the original poster, I would say, that while there are some problem areas, there are more non-problem areas, so best to visit Camposol, take a look around, speak to people who live here, to make up your own mind. After 4 years here, I bought my second house also on Camposol, now would I have done that if the whole urbanisation is falling apart ?
Old Aug 8th 2011, 5:11 pm
Just Joined

sithering is just really nicesithering is just really nicesithering is just really nicesithering is just really nicesithering is just really nicesithering is just really nicesithering is just really nicesithering is just really nice

I've lived on Camposol for 6 years and can say without fear of contradiction that the TV programme was a complete joke and exaggerated the issues it claimed to be highlighting by a factor of about 10,000%. It is true to say that we have been shafted by the local council for many years but they are all now out of a job, and the problems that we DO have are slowly being dealt with by the new administration.

It just goes to show that you cannot believe everything you hear in the media!
Old Aug 8th 2011, 5:40 pm
Just Joined

maureen Gritt is an unknown quantity at this point

Once again lots of advice from people who dont live on Camposol.well I do and have done for 6 years,while not perfect most of us have a wonderfull life with a thriving social life.Yes it is a large urbanisation but it is not all falling down and how can you say it is barren and desolate,have you been,the walking and scenery is fantastic in this area if you get of your back side and look for it.We know the couple that were on Homes From Hell and it was very sad,and yes there are more like that on Camposol,but dont class all of Camposol as the same.I presume all the negative postings come from people who live on wonderful urbaniasations.so please dont moan about something you have no Knowledge about.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 7:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maureen Gritt
Once again lots of advice from people who dont live on Camposol.well I do and have done for 6 years,while not perfect most of us have a wonderfull life with a thriving social life.Yes it is a large urbanisation but it is not all falling down and how can you say it is barren and desolate,have you been,the walking and scenery is fantastic in this area if you get of your back side and look for it.We know the couple that were on Homes From Hell and it was very sad,and yes there are more like that on Camposol,but dont class all of Camposol as the same.I presume all the negative postings come from people who live on wonderful urbaniasations.so please dont moan about something you have no Knowledge about.
I think you presume wrongly, Maureen - I was one of those who expressed disbelief that anyone should want to live on this development, but I certainly don't live on any kind of urbanisation myself. I live in the historic quarter of a large town (our street has been in existence since the 14th century). I prefer older properties in a location with some character to it. Other people, of course, would not choose to live in a town at all but prefer rural seclusion - each to their own.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 7:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lynn R
I think you presume wrongly, Maureen - I was one of those who expressed disbelief that anyone should want to live on this development, but I certainly don't live on any kind of urbanisation myself. I live in the historic quarter of a large town (our street has been in existence since the 14th century). I prefer older properties in a location with some character to it. Other people, of course, would not choose to live in a town at all but prefer rural seclusion - each to their own.
I'm with you on this. I just don't get the idea of living on an urbanisation, but as you say everyone to their own.
PS I don't understand the Campo either.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.