Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

holiday in or around Malaga

holiday in or around Malaga

Old Apr 20th 2009, 7:26 am
Banned

eylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to all
Default holiday in or around Malaga

My elderly mother in law will be coming out for a week in August. I know it's a bit early but could anyone recommend a good small hotel in or around Malaga? Preferably near somewhere interesting to take walks.

We are trying to avoid topless beaches and pools as the old dear would have a heart attack!
Old Apr 20th 2009, 7:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: holiday in or around Malaga

Originally Posted by eylesda
My elderly mother in law will be coming out for a week in August. I know it's a bit early but could anyone recommend a good small hotel in or around Malaga? Preferably near somewhere interesting to take walks.

We are trying to avoid topless beaches and pools as the old dear would have a heart attack!

How close around Malaga? You talk about topless beaches & pools, they're more in the resorts... Do you mean you're looking both at country (you spoke of walks) AND possibly coastal? Will she have transport? Just to make it easier for us to help!
Old Apr 20th 2009, 7:59 am
Banned

eylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to all

Thanks for responding. We have a place in Cadiar up in the mountains but all steep hills and streets. We will have transport but are looking for somewhere, anywhere, where she can toddle off and do her own thing without getting into mischief. Maybe along the seafront etc. I am not at all familiar with Malaga as have, until now, only seen the airport. Sorry to be vague but am clueless as to what to do with her.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 8:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eylesda
Thanks for responding. We have a place in Cadiar up in the mountains but all steep hills and streets. We will have transport but are looking for somewhere, anywhere, where she can toddle off and do her own thing without getting into mischief. Maybe along the seafront etc. I am not at all familiar with Malaga as have, until now, only seen the airport. Sorry to be vague but am clueless as to what to do with her.

Do wish I could be more help but just so you know (if you've only seen the airport!) Malaga has a very long, quite pleasant seafront with quite a few chiringuitos, bars, restaurants, both on the front and nearby, and which at the Eastern end has hotels, apartments, etc., and the centre of Malaga (Picasso Museum, shopping, cathedral, etc., ) is within walking distance from the seafront slightly west of there. Given that I don't know the name of a single hotel, that's the limit of my help....sorry! Good luck.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 8:53 am
Banned

Thanks anyway, Malaga sounds better than I imagined. I just would not want her to get bored and have a miserable time of it.