Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Help!!! Where to live in Spain

Help!!! Where to live in Spain

Old Apr 9th 2010, 7:57 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help!!! Where to live in Spain

Originally Posted by jdr
I used to live in Bow, my mate ran a Karate club in Stratford near the church, changed a bit round that way too.
It’s funny, sometimes the world gets smaller without you noticing. You’ve got to be talking about Bill Steven’s gym in the Broadway, whose wife had another gym for women on the Romford Road.

We’ve still got a flat nearby which is rented out and doesn’t give us much of an income after costs, but we’re hanging on for the Olympics before selling it.

Apart from that, we always thought that it would be a place to return to if the wheel fell off in Spain, but on the few occasions I’ve gone back to check on things, I’ve got more and more disillusioned. The final straw came when I went to visit my local pub and found out it had been turned into a Mosque, mind you, a nice looking one.
Old Apr 9th 2010, 8:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
The final straw came when I went to visit my local pub and found out it had been turned into a Mosque, mind you, a nice looking one.

I can see the headline now "Britains pubs being turned into Mosques"

I hope they kept the original beer pumps to add character. I can imagine them like Homer Simpson drinking straight from the pump during morning prayer
Old Apr 9th 2010, 9:12 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman

I can see the headline now "Britains pubs being turned into Mosques"

I hope they kept the original beer pumps to add character. I can imagine them like Homer Simpson drinking straight from the pump during morning prayer
Being a stubborn sod, I actually went into the place and an old man asked me to take my shoes off. When I said that all I wanted was a pint of lager and a packet of crisps he made some sort of signal and suddenly there were a gang of them. I left quietly.
Old Apr 9th 2010, 10:36 am
Just Joined

Barb-CPT is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Help!!! Where to live in Spain

Just want to say the best place ever (if you want a good social life, friendly people, unspoilt Spanish town (Ayamonte) near by, and just on the border of the Portuguese Algarve and all their fabulous beaches and restaurants) is ... COSTA ESURI!!!

We have a place there which we visit as much as we can (work permitting) and we love it to bits! It has everything you could want ... and more! Check it out next time you're in the area, you won't be disappointed.
Old Apr 9th 2010, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Originally Posted by HBG
It’s funny, sometimes the world gets smaller without you noticing. You’ve got to be talking about Bill Steven’s gym in the Broadway, whose wife had another gym for women on the Romford Road.

We’ve still got a flat nearby which is rented out and doesn’t give us much of an income after costs, but we’re hanging on for the Olympics before selling it.

Apart from that, we always thought that it would be a place to return to if the wheel fell off in Spain, but on the few occasions I’ve gone back to check on things, I’ve got more and more disillusioned. The final straw came when I went to visit my local pub and found out it had been turned into a Mosque, mind you, a nice looking one.
Couldn't agree more about Startford. I worked there for over 10 years and met my wife there. Her Mum and Dad are "real" Eastenders but even they eventually gave up and moved away (after living there for over 60 years). The massive change in culture and behaviour of some of the people became too much for them, to such an extent that ma-in-law was frightened to go out. I now use Stratford Station morning and night as my entry/exit to Canary Wharf and even though it is the Olympic site and there will be a swish new shopping centre there is no way I would want to spend any quality time locally. The same probably goes for many parts of the Uk, but your comments really struck a chord with me. Now, back to the original posting - give the Costa de la Luz a look. It is quite superb, but then I am, of course, biased as we have a place at Costa Esuri which is close to the lovely town of Ayamonte and all those fabulous beaches.
Old Apr 9th 2010, 1:43 pm
Just Joined

That's two votes for Costa Esuri then!! Great minds think alike!!
Old Apr 9th 2010, 1:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Barb-CPT
That's two votes for Costa Esuri then!! Great minds think alike!!
Check back in the thread thats the third!
Old Apr 12th 2010, 9:50 am
Just Joined

That's two more votes than anywhere else then!!
Old Apr 12th 2010, 12:58 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

That's two more votes than anywhere else then!!
Maybe others are trying to keep Brits out of their bit of Spain.
Old Apr 12th 2010, 1:24 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Maybe others are trying to keep Brits out of their bit of Spain.
Im gonna come and bug you in your bit
Old Apr 12th 2010, 2:05 pm
Just Joined

No! Us Costa Esurians wouldn't do that - we're VERY friendly!
Old Apr 12th 2010, 2:54 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

You have to be, there is not enough people around to fall-out with
Old Apr 12th 2010, 10:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Originally Posted by jackytoo
You have to be, there is not enough people around to fall-out with
Don't kid yourself, I've seen decent numbers of cars parked at previously unoccupied parts of CE The golf club car park is busier than ever.
Old Apr 13th 2010, 9:44 am
Just Joined

You're absolutely right! Esuri is definitely the IN place to be!!
Old Apr 13th 2010, 11:46 am
BE Enthusiast

You're absolutely right! Esuri is definitely the IN place to be!!
Well, not sure I'd go that far but it certainly ticks all the boxes for us. Just need the commercial centre and hotel finished, then it will be perfect, but guess that could be a long wait. Lots of other lovely places in Spain, so good luck to Julie123 in her search

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.