Reload this Page >

Help - I need a CRB report

Help - I need a CRB report

Old May 31st 2009, 6:51 pm
Just Joined

louis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help - I need a CRB report

Hi everyone,

I want to apply for a nursing job in the UK but I need to have a Spanish CRB (criminal records report) because I have lived in Spain for a while.

I did manage to get the correct form and sent it off to the main Madrid office after having paid €4.75 but I have not heard anything for over two months and I now think the form has disappeared down a black hole.

I have been reading on a Spanish forum of someone in the Malaga area having got this report almost instantly at the local offices of the Ministry of Justice. Can anyone tell me if this is possible up here in the Costa Blanca, near Torrevieja?

Many thanks in advance!!
Old Jun 1st 2009, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

SHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud of
Default Re: Help - I need a CRB report

When I was still working in UK, we, as a prospective employer would do the CRB checking. This was not a job for the prospective employee.
Maybe you should check with your prospective employer?

BTW, when we did the checking it used to take several months before the checks came back as then, they used to be sent to INDIA!
Admittedly this was several years ago when they first started with CRB.

Good Luck!
Old Jun 1st 2009, 2:02 pm
Just Joined

louis is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SHERGAR
When I was still working in UK, we, as a prospective employer would do the CRB checking. This was not a job for the prospective employee.
Maybe you should check with your prospective employer?

BTW, when we did the checking it used to take several months before the checks came back as then, they used to be sent to INDIA!
Admittedly this was several years ago when they first started with CRB.

Good Luck!
Hi Shergar,

I am applying via a nursing agency and they have requested that I get this CRB and once I have it I then need to get it translated. I have been hearing from other people and they do say that applying to Madrid can take a while but not normally 8 weeks, so I think my application has disappeared.

I need to pursue the avenue of trying to get it instantly at one of the Judicial offices but I just need to know where in the southern Costa Blanca?

Thanks anyway!
Old Jun 1st 2009, 2:54 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Louis, I have had a look at this procedure and it seems that you can only get the certificate from Madrid.

The only reference I can find to local offices is for getting the Form 790 (which you can download anyway).

There is info in English about the procedure at

http://esede.mjusticia.es/cs/Satelli...2/Detalle.html

Hope this helps but I do know, from the experience of some friends who wanted to move to NZ, that it can take some time.