Help !!!

Old Oct 28th 2017, 6:08 pm
Just Joined

Stella_baldry is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Help !!!

Hi all , New to this online stuff so please help me and excuse any hiccups.
Can anyone tell me if there is a British community in Ontinyent. We moved here 3 months ago and we have not heard a single word of English. Are there any bars or particular places that the English use in ontinyent. I would love to meet new people make friends and be part of the community.
Old Oct 28th 2017, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

VEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help !!!

Ask your question here:-

Spain Expat Forum for Expats Living in Spain - Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad

At least one member lives in, or near, Ontinyent
Old Oct 29th 2017, 10:18 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stella_baldry
Hi all , New to this online stuff so please help me and excuse any hiccups.
Can anyone tell me if there is a British community in Ontinyent. We moved here 3 months ago and we have not heard a single word of English. Are there any bars or particular places that the English use in ontinyent. I would love to meet new people make friends and be part of the community.
Hi I live in Ontinyent and, last time I looked, am English.

If you need to mix with other English (and I fully understand that many do), there is a rastro run by Stuart and his wife. It is 10:00 - 14:00 every Saturday, Sunday, Wednesday and Friday. Many Brits meet up there for an English breakfast or just for a chat.

https://www.facebook.com/ontinyentsrastro/
Old Oct 29th 2017, 4:41 pm
Just Joined

Stella_baldry is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi snikpoh thanks for the information. I don't want to only mix with brits I would love to also mix with the spanish but as my language skills are minimalist maybe start with the expats that know a bit more spanish would be an idea. I don't suppose you know if there is anywhere local that teaches spanish ? Unfortunately 3 days after moving here I had a accident and badly broke my leg resulting to a operation a week in hospital and now in my 4th month of not being allowed to put foot to the ground so this has hindered my ability to get out and about to find out about the local area and facilities.
Old Oct 30th 2017, 6:58 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stella_baldry
Hi snikpoh thanks for the information. I don't want to only mix with brits I would love to also mix with the spanish but as my language skills are minimalist maybe start with the expats that know a bit more spanish would be an idea. I don't suppose you know if there is anywhere local that teaches spanish ? Unfortunately 3 days after moving here I had a accident and badly broke my leg resulting to a operation a week in hospital and now in my 4th month of not being allowed to put foot to the ground so this has hindered my ability to get out and about to find out about the local area and facilities.
There are several places that teach Spanish. The one I would recommend is the Fast Forward Academy run by Gareth. It's a formal teaching environment.

Other than that there are a few 'meet up groups' which are informal meetings over a coffee where a Spanish person learns a little English whilst you learn a little Spanish.

Probably best again to ask at the rastro.